Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 19, 2014, 09:20:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340992 Posts in 13937 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Music Podcast (Rhythm Encounter) Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Music Podcast (Rhythm Encounter) Thread  (Read 16545 times)
Reta

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: March 19, 2014, 09:08:40 PM »

I really enjoyed your selections, as always, as well as the other features. It'll almost be hard to go back to the normal version of the podcast now...

I kind of wish I'd known you were actually accepting submissions of older songs; I would've more clearly specified that I especially like this song.* (It's one of my favorite final boss themes ever.)

*I don't like having to say this every time I mention this song, but, for spoiler reasons, don't search for it on your own if you have any intention to play any game in that series.
Perigryn
Infrequent, but still here.

Sleepy Chrono is sleepy.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: April 11, 2014, 12:40:52 PM »

FINALLY got caught up on Rhythm Encounter and took in the Music of the Year epicness.

Great, great job, guys! So amusing, so fun, and loved the heartfelt passion that poured out of you, Stephen, at the very end. Also, sweet choice on Tiz's You Are My Hope special move music selection - definitely one of the best tracks in that game. Whenever I hear it, I get pumped! And everything else that was mixed in there too!

It's been a great year for you guys, and I sincerely look forward to many more episodes from you two, and whomever else get on board.

I may not always listen on time, and especially lately as I was going through some personal matters which, frustrating enough, kept me away from submitting selections to the MotY episode. But, at the same, it was because of the podcast and things that I was also able to befriend Derek, chat it up with Stephen, and eversobriefly rock some FFXIV with you guys.

Oh, and of course, experience some new exciting music and stuff, whatever. Like that's important in a music podcast... >.>

Seriously, though, thanks for putting in the time and effort you do and know that it is hugely appreciated! I loves me some video game music, and having a place where people share that passion is wonderful!

I force Chrono to raise a glass!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 12:45:23 PM by Perigryn » Logged

Just Greg, thanks.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 13, 2014, 12:24:40 AM »

Thanks, Perigryn!  A lot of folks put in work on that week's content - Stephen probably more than any of us.  We hope to be recording another episode very soon.  Just working out scheduling issues.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

WOLOLO

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #168 on: April 25, 2014, 02:35:02 AM »

New episode recorded. Expect it very soon :D

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: April 25, 2014, 02:40:44 AM »

yaaay!
:D

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: April 25, 2014, 08:39:32 AM »

Excellent!

ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: May 16, 2014, 07:00:19 PM »

Listened to the cross over episode over yesterday and today, and that was pretty fun. The guys there do a solid Liquid Snake impression.

Subbed to that podcast as well since they seem to talk about game music. Overall it seems like there was a lot of overlap between theirs and subjects/songs that RE has talked about in the past.

It was interesting how they played their music in the background as opposed to just playing it. I prefer the RE method myself as it allows the listener to fully listen to the song.

That being said, I'm gonna go look up some tunes from the Scott Pilgrim game.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

WOLOLO

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #172 on: May 24, 2014, 02:54:30 AM »

Thanks for listening, ultra! It was a lot fun. They're good guys, too.

And yes, the Scott Pilgrim game's music was rad.

ALSO

EPISODE 13 IS LIVE

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2014/1487.html

Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: May 24, 2014, 08:33:17 AM »

Wow that was fast! Cool.

Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

WOLOLO

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #174 on: May 28, 2014, 08:34:25 PM »

We're recording a new episode tonight-- it'll go up faster than the last one. This is our apology for the delay on ep13.

Thanks again to all of you for listening :)

Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: May 29, 2014, 11:19:47 AM »

Damn, those Secret of Evermore and Another Day's Work Jazzy tracks were amazing!
Featuring Morphogenetic Sorrow greatly pleases me xD. I love Shinji Hosoe's work.. All the games that I played in which he was the composer I absolutely loved the soundtracks. Xenosaga episode 2(I know it gets flack but I really really like that soundtrack even outside of the cutscenes, especially the more atmospheric tunes like Omega System, Old Miltia, Labyrinthos.. They remind me of 999's approach to creating atmosphere and they really resonate with me.) and ofc 999/VLR.

Will listen to the 2nd half of the episode another day and comment more if other tracks stand out for me.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 11:25:04 AM by Holykael1 » Logged

Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

WOLOLO

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #176 on: May 29, 2014, 11:24:54 AM »

I also really like the non-cinematic music in Xenosaga 2. The reason we never get an OST, at least according to one of Game Music Online's interviews, is that fan reception to the music was so poor because it wasn't Mitsuda that Hosoe didn't think anyone wanted it.

BUT WE DO WANT IT.

Episode recording went great last night. I'll try to have it edited very soon for you all!

Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: May 29, 2014, 12:19:04 PM »

Ended up finishing the episode.. Loved the old timey song from Fallout, it feels rather nostalgic because it's something that resembles what my father would have on the car during summer vacations.
I'm up for some Curtain Call talk.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 12:21:26 PM by Holykael1 » Logged

Masakado

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: May 30, 2014, 11:25:03 AM »

Ended up finishing the episode.. Loved the old timey song from Fallout, it feels rather nostalgic because it's something that resembles what my father would have on the car during summer vacations.

Everytime I hear that song it gives me such a 50s vibe and as an admirer of American history I sure love the 50s.

I'm finally on twitter. If you're a history buff and/or interested in video games history and random rpg stuff, check out @masakadojo.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 30, 2014, 11:44:34 AM »

I'm glad you liked it - we usually just include songs written for games, rather than a song like I Don't Want to Set the World on Fire, which already existed outside of the game... but when I had the chance to be on the sci-fi episode, I knew I had to include something from Fallout.  And that song is so iconic to Fallout that I couldn't imagine going with anything else. :)

Oh, and Masakado, you might like a group called Big Daddy.  They mash up lyrics from more modern pop songs with tunes from the '50s.  I have their album Cutting Their Own Groove, and I really like it.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 11:48:51 AM by Tooker » Logged

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: