Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2016, 09:16:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Check out the latest RPG news!
239180 Posts in 7111 Topics by 2358 Members
Latest Member: BeardyMcBeardface
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  General Games
| | |-+  Inafune's latest project The Mighty No.9 looks Mega Rocking, man.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Print
Author Topic: Inafune's latest project The Mighty No.9 looks Mega Rocking, man.  (Read 28743 times)
Hathen
You think this would be funny?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: January 25, 2016, 02:54:36 PM »

Never really cared when games get delayed given that I will always have a massive backlog (though I'll gladly make fun of them for it), but I really do wonder if the network play is really the only problem they're having with the game. And even if it is, was it really worth delaying the game like, half a year or whatever when most people backed it to get a single player jumpy shooty game?

By the way Aeolus, after thinking about it for a bit, I have heavy doubts that the claims Inti-Creates not having much to do with the game is anywhere near true. If you go back and check out some of the videos they made during development, it should've been fairly obvious that wasn't true because if Inti-Creates weren't the ones making the game, why would they need to take the ROMs of the game over to the Comcept offices so Inafune could try them out?

Really, more than anything this whole process has taught me that Megaman fans, like most other video game fans, are unwilling to apply basic common sense or do any research whatsoever, which by itself wouldn't be a big deal if they didn't also like being incredibly loud and obnoxious about it. That SMBC Chart is always a good reference.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: January 25, 2016, 05:14:30 PM »

Never really cared when games get delayed given that I will always have a massive backlog (though I'll gladly make fun of them for it), but I really do wonder if the network play is really the only problem they're having with the game. And even if it is, was it really worth delaying the game like, half a year or whatever when most people backed it to get a single player jumpy shooty game?

By the way Aeolus, after thinking about it for a bit, I have heavy doubts that the claims Inti-Creates not having much to do with the game is anywhere near true. If you go back and check out some of the videos they made during development, it should've been fairly obvious that wasn't true because if Inti-Creates weren't the ones making the game, why would they need to take the ROMs of the game over to the Comcept offices so Inafune could try them out?

Really, more than anything this whole process has taught me that Megaman fans, like most other video game fans, are unwilling to apply basic common sense or do any research whatsoever, which by itself wouldn't be a big deal if they didn't also like being incredibly loud and obnoxious about it. That SMBC Chart is always a good reference.

Admittedly, its not so much that I'm too lazy to do the research so much as I don't care enough to want to do any research on it. My previous post was probably based upon some dumb hearsay that I shouldn't have taken at face value, and but did because I assumed it made at least a little sense given Azure Striker Gunvolt and Gun Gal 1 & 2 came out during the course of this development hell.

Also, I can tell you that what I don't have is backer level information because I didn't even bother to back this. I think it was around the time of XOver that I stopped giving any fucks about Megaman, and that was after years of feeling increasingly apathetic towards the franchise.

Or in short: #igottotallypwnd #gg

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: January 25, 2016, 05:28:33 PM »

I have a rock that keeps tigers away for sale.
Anyone who backed the MN9 kickstarter interested?
Hathen

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: January 25, 2016, 05:54:51 PM »

Need to clarify that I wasn't really referring to you with my statement Aeolus- I figured you had gotten aimless hearsay, much like I did at many points during this game's development, and that was kind of my point. Not to say this game's creators don't have their share of problems but as someone who has followed on and off I've noticed that there's been a incredibly loud annoying minority spreading rumors and hearsay about the game since day 1. A lot of games get this, but since with this game hecklers got to have specks of truth in what they said so somehow lots of people started taking every single thing they said seriously, so now I regularly hear people opining about the game with comments that show they never even bothered watching a trailer (Like, I've actually heard some say the game won't even have weapons from bosses even though I'm pretty sure literally every single trailer they've released shows that it does).
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 05:56:22 PM by Hathen » Logged
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: January 25, 2016, 06:32:07 PM »

Need to clarify that I wasn't really referring to you with my statement Aeolus- I figured you had gotten aimless hearsay, much like I did at many points during this game's development, and that was kind of my point. Not to say this game's creators don't have their share of problems but as someone who has followed on and off I've noticed that there's been a incredibly loud annoying minority spreading rumors and hearsay about the game since day 1. A lot of games get this, but since with this game hecklers got to have specks of truth in what they said so somehow lots of people started taking every single thing they said seriously, so now I regularly hear people opining about the game with comments that show they never even bothered watching a trailer (Like, I've actually heard some say the game won't even have weapons from bosses even though I'm pretty sure literally every single trailer they've released shows that it does).

Where the hell are you going for this kind of information? GameFAQs!? NeoGAF!? Kotaku!?!?!

Hathen

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: January 25, 2016, 11:52:25 PM »

I'm sure the worst of it can be found on sites like those, but this is one of those weird cases where people wound up believing a lot of half-truths even though in most cases people like that would be largely ignored outside their hugboxes. It's a lot like what happened with basically any Bioware game post Dragon Age II.

Given the thing that kicked off all the shit-flinging over Mighty No. 9, really it can be summed up as Comcept pissed off "those" gamers.
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: February 22, 2016, 04:09:04 AM »

And in other non-MN9 release news, http://www.siliconera.com/2016/02/22/azure-striker-gunvolt-2-revealed-gets-first-gameplay-trailer/

I really hope this article is wrong and that Inafune has nothing to do with this.

Hathen

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: February 22, 2016, 01:58:30 PM »

The article didn't really say anything beyond him presenting the game, which is the exact same thing he did for the first Gunvolt game. I think I saw his name in the credits somewhere, but it was probably special thanks or something.

Anyway, I liked Gunvolt, but I had some problems with it.

My main one was that I didn't like how the game being pretty much either/or on scoring seemed to affect how they designed the difficulty. Either you never got hit and got huge points or you get touched once and lose everything. That I don't mind that too much since scoring exists for its own sake, but it feels to me that a lot of Gunvolt was designed with the expectation that you'd play stages over and over until you could Mr. Perfect every stage. To compensate, they made stages and bosses very easy. Though admittedly, the biggest factor is probably how Gunvolt's charge basically made you invincible. I died maybe three of four times in the whole game my first run through, and it was against the last bosses. The final boss was a lot of fun precisely because he pretty much said "fuck off" to your invincibility shield.

Second is how nobody in their right mind was going to use anything but Orochi for their gun once they had it. The damage bullet would be an interesting addition for people to play through the game a different way, but the damage on it was terrible. Honestly if they upped the damage on it a bit they could probably just make it its own unique mode.

Final minor complaint is how quickly the screen can become a clusterfuck in the game. Gunvolt's shock field with streams of lightning alongside enemies firing projectiles everywhere does a good job filling up the 3DS screen.

But I think the simplest way I can put it is that if I feel the itch for a run-and-gun game I'm way more inclined to replaying one of the X or Zero games again over Gunvolt (well, except X7).
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 02:13:45 PM by Hathen » Logged
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: February 22, 2016, 05:20:17 PM »

Well either way, I have more faith in this coming out before MN9 does. And on the up side, there's a good chance that the game will at least address some of the issues that plagued the first game (at the very least I would like to see them reduce some of the UI clutter and make enemies less 'shoot first, stand there later').

Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: April 11, 2016, 12:51:56 PM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/04/11/mega-man-cartoon-confirmed-coming-2017/

The Mega Corpse shambling continues. Can't be any worse than XOver or what Comcept have done.

Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: May 02, 2016, 12:26:41 PM »

http://gematsu.com/2016/05/mighty-no-9-launches-june-21-north-america-june-24-worldwide

Looks like they've finally resolved the online issues.

Towns Car Marty
For Play in Town and Car!
RPGFan Editor

Crocodile, Side-Eye Style

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #146 on: May 02, 2016, 04:29:43 PM »

What's gonna happen!

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: