Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 13, 2016, 02:08:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Check out the latest RPG news!
377391 Posts in 15102 Topics by 2334 Members
Latest Member: Malekoth
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  General Games
| | |-+  Super Smash Bros. Namdai
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] Print
Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. Namdai  (Read 38827 times)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: November 15, 2015, 11:06:32 PM »

from watching the trailer and extrapolating, I assume. they're usually pretty formulaic in how they demonstrate new characters' moves.

This. Plus, those would be the moves I'd use for Cloud's B commands given that Limit Breaks and choice of weapon were basically the only mechanical things distinguishing one FFVII character from another. :V With that set up, the only thing Cloud is missing is Meteor Rain (and Cherry Blossom for you FFT aficionados), and I didn't spot that at all during the announcement trailer. The rest of his moveset might either be based upon his various attack animations from using different Materia (like Deathblow, Quadra Slice, Long-Range, etc), or on his Dissidia moveset, I have to rewatch the trailer to be sure (and maybe a Dissidia LP).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Dice
I'm fart and I'm smunny
AMG A GIRL

...AND STEVEN.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: December 15, 2015, 05:20:19 PM »

SMASH DIRECT!  FINAL EVER... D:

Fighters:
- Cloud advanced trailer
- COOOORRRN (FE:Fates, M/F hero like Robin)
- Bayonetta

I like how Bayonetta was specified as the No 1 choice in what's "realizable" and negotiable. x)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 05:26:18 PM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
divingfalcons
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #242 on: December 15, 2015, 05:35:31 PM »

Corrin and Bayonetta are huge surprises. I've played a little of Bayonetta and I can see how she'll fit perfectly in.

I'm buying Cloud first thing tomorrow morning. I know what I'm doing on my day off now.

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: December 15, 2015, 05:38:27 PM »

Next iteration of this game is just going to be Super Smash Emblem.

My Blog - It's about gaming stuff. You can read it if you want. No pressure. I mean, there's a link there you just have to click on, but... y'know... whatever.
Current Post: Grand Re-re-r-e-re-opening!
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: December 15, 2015, 05:54:24 PM »

Dammit. Why couldn't they make F!Corrin the default, given how they made M!Robin the default (especially given how much of a dork M!Corrin looks in general)?

Also no crossdressing Cloud. ;_;

And Bayonetta is ehh. Better than Goku or any other silly GameFAQs choice, but not within my top ten picks (also retroactively makes editing out that Tharja trophy even more ridiculous).

Also also, no surprise Pichu/Wolf/Ice Climbers return. Much sadness :\

Still, a far better outcome than I could have expected. Cloud looks cool, Bayonetta looks like a bitch to play against, much like Shulk and Killager (I'll feel less guilty using either of them once Bayo hits), and I'll have to see what Dorkin actually does when this goes to Youtube (because I slept through most of this). I'm also guessing that Geno was the one who won the character inclusion vote.

Next iteration of this game is just going to be Super Smash Emblem.

A far better crossover than that #FE Persona game that Atlus cooked up. Especially if it means a playable Lyn or Mickey or any sort of acknowledgement of FE4 or 5 beyond a minor inclusion within a single medley.

Taelus
Some music guy
Administrator

You're gonna have a bad Turnabout.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #245 on: December 15, 2015, 05:58:02 PM »

Shulk is hard mid-tier, I wouldn't feel too bad about using him anyway. He's super easy to punish and has insane endlag on almost all his attacks.

*mains Shulk*

Anyways, yeah-- Bayo not necessarily who I would have wanted, but a great selection nonetheless. Corrin looks like s/he has an awesome moveset, so I'm pretty happy overall. Not explosively excited like I would have been had they added Isaac, but it's a choice everyone who isn't from GameFAQs seems reasonably happy with.

Friends, waffles, work. Or waffles, friends, work. Doesn't matter, but work is third.

Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: December 15, 2015, 06:15:51 PM »

Shulk is hard mid-tier, I wouldn't feel too bad about using him anyway. He's super easy to punish and has insane endlag on almost all his attacks.

*mains Shulk*

Anyways, yeah-- Bayo not necessarily who I would have wanted, but a great selection nonetheless. Corrin looks like s/he has an awesome moveset, so I'm pretty happy overall. Not explosively excited like I would have been had they added Isaac, but it's a choice everyone who isn't from GameFAQs seems reasonably happy with.

Shulk's Vision Tag counter though is absolutely ridiculous as it has a huge activation window+AoE and sucks in everyone that comes in contact with it for massive damage and launch, his Backslash is downright dangerous unless he's high up in the air and facing the edge and his Monado Power, if properly used, just adds to both his shit wrecking potential and survivability. He's a scrub-tier favorite and can make a noticeable difference in otherwise difficult matches.

Villager is just bonkers though. Kirby levels of returning power, paired with some seriously nasty edge guarding potential, huge launch potential in almost every bread & butter move, and his/her Pocket surprise and Tree/Axe combo just makes them awful to play against.

Taelus
Some music guy
Administrator

You're gonna have a bad Turnabout.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #247 on: December 15, 2015, 06:28:13 PM »

Backslash has a ton of endlag, and counter is great but if you miss it or use it predictably you're vulnerable for a huge amount of time. Almost none of Shulk's attacks are safe on shield hits, either. He's so weak against grabs it's almost insane. I can't really speak to scrub-tier matches, but your experience has not been terribly similar to mine.

EDIT:

Not that I don't think Shulk is awesome and super fun, but any reasonably cautious player can counter him pretty hard, is more what I'm saying.

Friends, waffles, work. Or waffles, friends, work. Doesn't matter, but work is third.

Andrew
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #248 on: December 15, 2015, 09:42:48 PM »

Some general thoughts...

Cloud: Haven't bought any DLC characters yet, but Cloud is quite tempting. The Midgar arena looks so dull though. The summons are awesome, but the actual arena is so uninspired.

Corrin: I might care more about Corrin after I actually play Fates. I don't mind this one, and I get it's a marketing thing, but an existing character would have been preferable. Still, interesting looking moveset.

Bayonetta: I never like Bayonetta and I still don't. At this point I'm just sore because no Isaac. ;)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 09:46:16 PM by Andrew » Logged

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: December 15, 2015, 10:45:03 PM »

#BayoHatersArePlebs
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: January 07, 2016, 02:28:55 AM »

I found a couple pretty amazing hypothetical crossovers (Katawa Shoujo and a Studio Ghibli)

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: