Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 20, 2014, 08:10:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341091 Posts in 13940 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  YAKUZA 5 IS COMING WEST
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: YAKUZA 5 IS COMING WEST  (Read 208 times)
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: December 06, 2014, 02:36:55 PM »

At this point I think we had all given up.  But it's real.

Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 02:39:35 PM »

Sadly, by this point in time... I'd rather have Ishin =|
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 02:43:35 PM »

Oh, for PS3. Yet another reason blah blah blah PS4 is unappealing to me yadda yadda

Anyways, I'm suuuuper excited for this even though I've only played a little of Yakuza 3 as far as this series is concerned. There's so much SEGA fanservice I can't resist. I'm definitely saving some space for it on my crowded hardrive. I hope it does well enough for them to rerelease Yakuza 1 and 2, even if its just PS2 Classics. If only to shut up the fans, Personally I have no interest in playing any entry other entry besides 3 and 5, though I do possess a copy of 4 I'll get to someday.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2014, 12:03:48 PM »

Digital only.

Yay.

They may as well not have fucking bothered.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2014, 01:55:43 PM »

Digital only.

Yay.

They may as well not have fucking bothered.

Still pulling this crap? There's retail realities they have to take into account, nevermind this means a translation exists if they ever want to port it elsewhere and actually put it out physically. Probably WOULD be a good idea to have a physical PS4 version actually...
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2014, 02:15:11 PM »

If there isn't a PS4 port in Japan, there's not going to be one here.

Relegating the series to digital only isn't going to make the series any bigger.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2014, 02:24:16 PM »

It does let them test the water to see how desperate loyal the fans are, so they can see if its worth putting more money towards full releases of later entries. Yakuza hasn't exactly been known to be a popular seller, to put it lightly...

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2014, 01:00:54 AM »

If there isn't a PS4 port in Japan, there's not going to be one here.

Relegating the series to digital only isn't going to make the series any bigger.

It seems some games have gotten PS4 versions or will get PS4 versions specifically for international release, the new Godzilla game for instance was only announced for Japan on PS3, then with the localization announcement had a PS4 announced too, not even sure that's coming out in Japan along with the PS3 version.

Not that such a thing is particularly likely though, and part of the going digital angle may also be they've given up hope on expanding the series so may as well serve the existing base as cheaply as they can at least. Retailers may not even WANT to stock newer entries given that they got deep discounts, Dead Souls I got only because I saw it for about $10 (probably less!) at Big Lots.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: