Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 21, 2015, 10:47:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Have a great 2015 from all of us at RPGfan. :)
351950 Posts in 14337 Topics by 2254 Members
Latest Member: dharkhades
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Unraveled -- looks awesome, needs money (KS)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Unraveled -- looks awesome, needs money (KS)  (Read 321 times)
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: March 19, 2015, 09:14:30 AM »

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/696564/unraveled-a-nostalgic-80s-adventure-rpg-and-platfo

Campaign has 48 hrs left. Needs another $8k

Reasons I'm personally backing it and taking time to post about it elsewhere (something I very rarely do...)

- Music by Hiroki Kikuta. Yeah, he of Secret of Mana fame. In recent years, his best work has been on smaller projects where he can dictate the timing and the scope of the music.
- Additional music from Dale North, he of Destructoid fame. His music, both OST and arranged, have always been a delight.
- A story based on actual events. I love fantasy that melds with personal narrative. They even reveal the source material, a documentary called "The Wire Nest."
- You play as a young girl, and you meet some giant critter that's a cross between Where The Wild Things Are and Totoro. That's adorable.
- The game is claiming to be equal parts platformer and RPG. The exploration mode looks a heck of a lot like Suikoden (character height vs map and the fixed camera perspective of 2D on a 3D-ish environment).

I think it's like $10 to reserve a copy of the game. More money gets you more bonuses. I think at $100 you get an LE physical copy that's mocked up to look like a PS1 game (they have demo art for this on their page).

Please consider backing. I don't want this game to not happen. :P

Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 05:06:22 AM »

Looks like it failed to reach it's goal. Too bad, it looks rather interesting. Here's hoping they make it anyway.

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
Dincrest
Analogy spouting
RPGFan Editor

I approve of this nonsense!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 11:21:53 AM »

I did a preview of it a few weeks back.  I enjoyed my time with it.

Taelus
Some music guy
Administrator

I'm really feeling it!

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 12:19:14 PM »

They were reasonably close, and it seemed like the people behind it really believed in it. I hope this one can see release somehow.

"Steb I'm always channeling my inner rage. I'm basically a tall, skinny, pointy-eared, pale she-hulk with a giant stick." - Liz

Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 03:30:23 PM »

They sent a letter to backers a few days after campaign ended, essentially saying "we're going to develop more assets, give it a few months, we'll be back."

So, it'll happen. Just a bump in the road. The same thing happened to Auro and Dropsy (both of which I backed in their failed and successful campaigns). Auro is awesome, and Dropsy (which should be out soon) is almost definitely going to be awesome.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: