Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 03, 2014, 03:30:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330207 Posts in 13529 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Print
Author Topic: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain  (Read 13203 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2013, 06:10:13 PM »

We didn't get the DLC weapon in MGR:R with the soul of Solid Snake. That along with this message is the closest thing to a confirmation there is of David Hayter not being the voice of "Snake" anymore.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2013, 07:52:47 PM »

It's very disappointing that they're handling it this way. The changeover was inevitable, and honestly probably for the best, but it should've been Hayter for Solid Snake and Richard Doyle for Big Boss, and instead there's this mess where they don't get Hayter back for the Snake Sword in MGR, don't contact Hayter, and don't even seem to go to Doyle for Big Boss, with people speculating Kiefer Sutherland. Him for Big Boss OR Solid Snake just doesn't seem right.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2013, 03:46:44 AM »

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain New artwork and development photos

"The development on Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain continues. Here are some photos Kojima posted, one showing a document with an artwork on it, the other two the motion capture process (wire stunts)."

David Hayter talks about Metal Gear Solid V in a video interview

"After the controversy surrounding the news David Hayter won't be providing the voice of Snake in Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, EP Daily conducted a short interview with the voice actor."

Source: Unofficial Metal Gear Solid Site
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2013, 10:54:01 PM »

Kojima on MGSV: Large scale mo-cap is done, but there is still a lot of work to do

"Kojima talked a little about the motion capture process for the Metal Gear series in general, and for Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain in particular."

David Hayter talks about voicing (and not voicing) Snake in IGN interview -- Via: IGN (YouTube Mirror)

Source: Unofficial Metal Gear Solid Site
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2013, 02:13:03 AM »

I'm a massive Metal Gear fan, and I can safely say that David Hayter is Solid Snake. Him playing Big Boss in MGS3 was acceptable, and in peace walker and the lulzy portable ops, though it did make for oddness in MGS4 when he wasn't voicing Big Boss again. Still, Hayter is a dedicated man, and his appreciation for this series as a whole shows it. Konami loses major respect for this whole course of action. I thought Japanese were supposed to be more respectful than that?

TASTY!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2013, 02:29:08 AM »

I don't care that much honestly.

If a group of people at Konami and/or KojiPro thought it was a good idea to "remove" David from the English version of MGS V for whatever reason then I respect that choice. I care way more about the game itself and the quality of all of its parts rather than being worried than dear David not being part of the project.

That said, I really appreciate his work and dedication.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 06:51:39 AM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2013, 08:38:09 PM »

Metal Gear Solid: (David Hayter) Snake's Favorite Memories -- IGN
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2013, 01:30:58 PM »

http://www.theparanoidgamer.com/metal-gear-solid-5-new-gameplay/

Guess we'll see Mr. Hayter in the inevitable remake of Metal Gear 1 and 2....til then, Kiefer Sutherland as Big Boss is a pretty cool addition.

TASTY!
Jotacon
Contributing Editor

In the Name of the Moon, I will Punish you!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2013, 03:23:43 PM »

I love David Hayter's Snake performance(s) and I would have preferred if this didn't happen. It did though and Keifer Sutherland is a pretty good choice. He's no Donald Sutherland, but he is a good actor and like Hayter he is Canadian and that pleases me. Now I have to hope he isn't one of those actors who can't mo-cap or voice act. I know that it is often the voice director's fault for those things, but still there seems to be too many actors like that.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 03:30:32 PM by Jotacon » Logged

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2013, 03:26:50 PM »

I think the reason why they went with Jack Bauer to begin with was because they needed his likeness for the mo-cap.

It helps that he's done this before with other games.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2013, 03:52:25 PM »

In a way, I'm happy they're finally dividing the character of snake better. Solid and Naked snake are different people, and voicing them the same just leads people to their current ignorant standing of just calling both characters snake. Even reading replies on Hayter's twitter page showed the idiocy. "You are the only Snake" or "Bauer can't play Snake like you", it just further proves it. What happens when you get to the inevitable meeting of the 2 Snakes again?

I look forward to seeing the evolution of Big Boss now in this new direction. I admit, I did want Hayter to reprise the role as I'm a fanboy...man's done an amazing job thus far. But the intelligent person in me has grasped enough of my own thought processes to realize this is probably a good step. Kiefer Sutherland is a great actor, and his tone definitely fits the battle hardened Naked Snake well. Course....gonna miss Hayter's death grunts and inquisitive "huh?"s and odd groans.

This game is gonna be a huge step for Metal Gear.

TASTY!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2013, 04:09:28 PM »

There's something behind Kojima's way of doing things in MGS V that has been bothering me for a while, but since we don't know much about it I can only wait and hope for the best as a fan. Which is really frustrating.

Also if Ground Zeroes starts right after Peace Walker in where is said that something happens in that scenario that puts Big Boss in a coma and later in The Phantom Pain chapter(?) starts with Big Boss in 1984 being all fucked up and changed. Wouldn't it make sense for Ground Zeroes to have David Hayter as the voice of Snake at that point and then present the change?
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2013, 04:34:50 PM »

Makes sense. Then again...maybe ground zeroes is just gonna be a retelling of what happened in Big Boss' mind. Could be a narrative as the 9 year coma would leave little for him to remember, so keeping the older and gruffer voice for the flashback possibility could be appropriate.

Maybe like chapter 4 of MGS4 when you do the flashback sequence of shadow moses, complete with 32 bit ps1 graphics, then all of a sudden he wakes up and you're escaping the hospital...

TASTY!
Jotacon
Contributing Editor

In the Name of the Moon, I will Punish you!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2013, 05:59:43 PM »

It's been my pet theory that MGSV will end with Outer Heaven(almost assured) and the hiring of Solid Snake to Foxhound. If they did that and Solid Snake had Hayter's voice there would be so many fans appeased in an instant. It's still kind of bullshit how many times they've established why/how Naked Snake turned into the Big Boss of Metal Gear 1 so it would be nice if they used the changing of the Voice Actor to finally finish that off. Either way I can't wait.
Another theory, if this game is about Race and has soldier recruitment who thinks we'll have the Kurdish uprising (which began in 1984) and Big Boss as Saladin meeting the young Sniper Wolf? It's not below Kojima to do some fan pandering and this could actually be really cool.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2013, 07:34:35 PM »

Feels like stunt casting to me.

I am disappoint.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: