Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 22, 2014, 05:41:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329437 Posts in 13496 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Phantasy Star Universe X360 open beta
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Phantasy Star Universe X360 open beta  (Read 6857 times)
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2006, 01:41:46 PM »

Wow. You actually found it annoying? I haven't had such an easy "find your buddies" experience in any other online game. Everyone has a central starting point, it's danged easy to switch servers (helloooo crystals), and transit between worlds is a breeze.

But hey, I'm playing on PC, in Japanese -- a language I have a hard time reading. Maybe I'm just crazy.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2006, 05:12:21 PM »

Quote from: "Hidoshi"
Wow. You actually found it annoying? I haven't had such an easy "find your buddies" experience in any other online game. Everyone has a central starting point, it's danged easy to switch servers (helloooo crystals), and transit between worlds is a breeze.

You can't send a message to specific people unless you have their cards, and it can be awfully crowded. So you gotta have an arranged meeting place and time. Mind, with the X360, that's alleviated some because there will /always/ be GamerTags that you can just send messages to.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2006, 09:08:05 PM »

Double post to inform that the dragon can finally be fought. If anyone wants to arrange a fight tonight, post.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2006, 05:53:51 AM »

OH DEAR GOD TRIPLE POST.

Right. Unless it's down at the /end/ of the 18th and not the beginning, or matience finishes early, the beta is more or less over. So, what did you guys who didn't already express your final thoughts think of it?

Personally, I'm now fully commited to getting this game. The only doubts I have now are if I'd get bored in a month: Even then, I think it'll take me at least 3 or 4 monthes to be completely bored with it since combat, while not necessarily that much /deeper/, is much more entertaining, plus the promise of more areas to explore means it won't be beating the same 4 places to death, or 8 in the case of PSO Ep 1&2. And I'm certain that it'll carry me through the singleplayer fully entertained, though if it doesn't that's because I got a lot out of my system with the beta.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2006, 01:45:51 AM »

Yeah yeah, quadruple post.

Seems the beta's been extended to Saturday: The japanese site apparantly reports that it ends on the 21st, so probably Midnight on Friday evening or a bit earlier/later, I haven't bothered checking the time conversion crap.
Shadow Blade

shadowblade_x@hotmail.com shadowbladex8@ao
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2006, 02:14:15 AM »

I think PSU is a nice game, even though I do agree that the fighting seem redundant at times. If it didn't have a single player adventure, I probably wouldn't thinking of getting it.

What?!
Marshmallow

OH NO OH NO OH NO

AuroMarshmallow
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2006, 06:59:59 PM »

This has no relevance to the X360 Beta version but instead to the upcoming PS2 version, but I figured I'd be nice and keep to one thread instead of making a whole new one.

I'm assuming that in order to play this on my PS2 (as my computer doesn't have a graphics card and therefore can't accommodate the game) I'm going to need a network adapter, but is there anything else I should be looking into? At the moment I'm having issues just finding a network adapter to buy (I can't find any 'buy it now's' on eBay, and I'd rather not bid on things) so if there's other materials I'm going to have to get, I might as well get working on it.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2006, 07:15:36 PM »

Quote from: "Marshmallow"
This has no relevance to the X360 Beta version but instead to the upcoming PS2 version, but I figured I'd be nice and keep to one thread instead of making a whole new one.

I was actually thinking of making a thread dedicated to the offline mode and general PS2/X360 stuff (like this) here when it came out: Likely still will, or at least cut off the beta bit from the topic title. Whichever people think is a better idea, I guess.

Anyways, a new memory card COULD be a good idea. See if you have enough space for about 3 MBs: total size needed for just online should be just shy of 2.7 MB, but let's say 3 to be on the safe side for other saves. If you don't have that, or can't part with/move around enough for that, then you may want a new memory card so you can have a fresh new memory card to store that data on. Also, a USB keyboard can be a good idea if you don't have a spare one laying around. You can get a cheap 10 buck one at EB/GameStop, or fork over an extra 10 dollars and get a decent fullsized one, which we did to get a Microsoft one.

While this is Ventrilio and not an official part of the game, if your PC's close enough to your PS2 playing area, it would be good to also get a headset if you don't already have one for the PC. You could even just get the PS2 headset since that'll work on PCs, and will double as a headset for other online PS2 games. However, if your PC's too far, yet close enough that you can hear anything coming from it, you can just join the Vent server and listen to us over your speakers.
Marshmallow

OH NO OH NO OH NO

AuroMarshmallow
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2006, 07:52:47 PM »

Hmm, I had no idea that the game was even going to require a memory card for online mode (I figured they'd store stuff on a server or something) but yes, that might be a very good idea seeing as how I only have one memory card. Also, unless I find some kind of splitter, I don't even know if I'll be able to use the internet on my laptop since there's only 2 jacks in my dorm room, and one of those belongs to my roommate. (Though I sometimes can get wireless in here too.)

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2006, 07:56:17 PM »

You could just find a router and hope it's cheap enough. However, the prices might be mounting with that factored that you'd be better off just not hearing us, or seeing if the PC version will run fine for you.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: