Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 21, 2014, 06:56:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341196 Posts in 13945 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Movies that make you cry
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Movies that make you cry  (Read 291 times)
mecharobot

Thunder of the dogs! INDIGNATION

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2014, 11:34:45 PM »

Real movies for some reason don't get me emotional. Only games, anime/manga stuff and music do. Maybe the most I felt was with the original Star Wars trilogy. Not because I felt sad or anything. It was a combination of other things from the sense of adventure to lovable characters to the iconic moments. Tragedies are ok, but for me getting emotional is more about other things that are somewhat hard to describe. If I'd have to say I appreciate things that make me feel full more than things that make me feel empty, though that is a somewhat rare occurrence.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 11:36:30 PM by mecharobot » Logged
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2014, 12:10:10 AM »

I actually understand what you mean. I'm more likely to get worked up and/or misty-eyed over powerful "happy" moments rather than your typical sad stuff. Give me something heroic and amazing and I'm mush. Kill off a character or two, and I hardly bat an eye.
That;s why "You bow to no one" gets me so much.
Heck, think back to the original Transformers movie. I didn't really cry at Optimus death(I came close, though), but what really worked me up was when he showed and just started kicking ass all over the place. That scene, and the accompanying music, inspire me to this day. Heroism. Maybe I secretly wish to be a hero? Or to do heroic things? Don't we all, in a way?

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: Mistbron#3: Hero of Ages
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2014, 03:18:18 AM »

I'm with you guys on The Green Mile. There's a lot of sob spots in that movie but the end when he's talking about his own personal green mile and a little buddy dies.

Rachel Getting Married made me cry.... because that is the worst piece of shit I have ever seen. I'd rather watch Battlefield Earth than that conceited heap of dung
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2014, 05:07:35 AM »

Grave of the Fireflies, American History X, and the Green Mile are the big three.
Gladiator, Braveheart, and Shawshank Redemption (Brooks) are the second big three.
Interstellar made me tear up slightly.

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: