Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 31, 2015, 04:17:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Have a great 2015 from all of us at RPGfan. :)
344326 Posts in 14055 Topics by 2230 Members
Latest Member: BeoXXVI
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] Print
Author Topic: Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!  (Read 140455 times)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1515 on: January 08, 2015, 10:38:31 AM »

Watched a few episodes of Galavant yesterday. Decently amusing, and the Jousting bit was hilarious (its nice to see a Training Montage backfire once in a while). Overall, I'd give it a B-. Good but not great. We won't destroy their planet, but neither will they get our secret formula for immortality.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
natros
Misanthropic Humanist

Taking it from you while you sleep.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1516 on: January 21, 2015, 10:24:57 AM »

Wrapped up Burn Notice last night. Watched the last 4 episodes in a row. I held off mentioning the series before now, because I figured most would scoff at the ridiculousness of the show in itself. To a degree, I agree: It's mostly mindless fun. Although IMO, not quite as silly and mindless as some other shows, like CSI, or the aforementioned (in this thread) Walker.
Either way, it's not the potential reality of Burn Notice's situations/episodes that kept me watching. It's the characters. To me, they are likeable, and I actually cared about what happened to them.
I won't go into too much detail, but I will say I enjoyed the series overall, and am happy to have spent time with Mike Weston and crew. The show started off a bit rocky, but picked up speed with interesting plots early on. There seemed to be a bit of a repetitive lull about halfway through the series, but the characters were interesting and likeable enough that I stuck with it. Good thing I did, as things really pick up w/in the last few seasons. I'd say those last seasons are easily the best in the whole series.
When the show finally ends, you kind of realize something:

Several decent people die over the course of the series. Including some of Mike's past friends, and the 2 remaining members of his immediate family. Ultimately and basically, just so Mike can get his real second chance at life. Granted, this wasn't how Mike wanted it, but it still kinda seems unfair... If it wasn't for him, those "decent people" would all be alive. Granted, if it also wasn't for him, many bad people would still be doing their thing. That's just how it is...
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1517 on: January 21, 2015, 10:42:48 AM »

I'm finally finishing Breaking Bad. 7 eps into season 5. I'm entirely sick of Walter and his shit. He deserves to die, whether by cancer or by bullet. His clueless stupidity has gotten redundant. The show is good, and great at ratcheting up the intensity, but definitely overrated. I'll try and blow through the last 6 eps quickly to get it done.

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: The Backyard Parables
glassjawsh
insolent cur

corn is no place for a mighty warrior

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #1518 on: January 21, 2015, 11:14:29 AM »

I'm finally finishing Breaking Bad. 7 eps into season 5. I'm entirely sick of Walter and his shit. He deserves to die, whether by cancer or by bullet. His clueless stupidity has gotten redundant. The show is good, and great at ratcheting up the intensity, but definitely overrated. I'll try and blow through the last 6 eps quickly to get it done.

Glad I'm not the only who felt this way.  This was compounded by how many of my friends were screaming at me about how it was the greatest show in the multiverse.

natros
Misanthropic Humanist

Taking it from you while you sleep.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1519 on: January 21, 2015, 12:52:20 PM »

Glad I'm not the only who felt this way.  This was compounded by how many of my friends were screaming at me about how it was the greatest show in the multiverse.

I'm not as adverse to BB as you fellows seem to be, but I will admit I was getting a bit bored with the whole thing by the last season. However IMO, the last few episodes are pretty darn good. Definitely worth finishing.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1520 on: January 21, 2015, 10:52:01 PM »

i just teared up during an ep of Parks and Rec...
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1521 on: January 21, 2015, 10:57:22 PM »

i just teared up during an ep of Parks and Rec...

Ron freaking Swanson.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1522 on: January 21, 2015, 11:41:58 PM »

When she realizes what happened that hit me in the gut.

I've done that before

Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: