Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 03, 2015, 01:40:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Check out the latest RPG news!
356653 Posts in 14477 Topics by 2265 Members
Latest Member: darksteel
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Netflix Is Developing a Live-Action ‘Legend of Zelda’ Series
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Netflix Is Developing a Live-Action ‘Legend of Zelda’ Series  (Read 1564 times)
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2015, 07:00:35 PM »

Eh, I always think people are just too picky with the entertainment they consume. But it's not a point worth arguing. And I won't further derail the thread to talk about how, while not the greatest show ever made by a long shot, Big Bang Theory gets a lot more flak than it deserves. But suffice it to say, that's how I feel.

Still think this Zelda thing has potential if it's even true. I think it could very well be. After all, Nintendo has been lending out their properties a little bit more than usual lately.
Dice
I'm fart and I'm smunny
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2015, 07:38:38 PM »

If by "television" you mean, "the 4 networks that actually have more than one decent program on it, plus the two pay networks, plus the streaming and on-demand services that you can technically use on a television" then yes, I'd agree. Otherwise, no there's just more channels now with the decent programming all spread across a million different channels

^ this 100%

Network TV is littered with derivative crime drama's (they are all a mix between CSI, Law and Order and NYPD Blue at this point) and horrendously unfunny 3 camera sit-coms (Big Bang Theory and Two and a Half Men alone may have set back the concept of humor as we know it a good 15 years).  Cable is so bloated with reality TV (and the O'Reilly Factor) that it's exhausting to sift through all of the chaff in order to find the few bits of wheat that are worth consuming.  My TV watching habits have veered more and more towards alternative mediums because those are the only places one can regularly expect to be presented with something decent.

ANNNND SCENE
rant over

That's a bit of cherry picking, if I could be so bold.

Honestly, I feel the rate of good TV shows is outshining the amount of good films these days; at least I've noticed myself enjoying them more than films (sorry if that's not counting that there are, in fact, probably more shows in production than film, but still).  You also picked some of the easiest targets for a "TV sucks" argument, titles that have indeed been known for being exhaustive.

Still think this Zelda thing has potential if it's even true. I think it could very well be. After all, Nintendo has been lending out their properties a little bit more than usual lately.

Good or bad, I'm CRAZY curious.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2015, 08:41:46 PM »

The thing with the Big Bang Theory is that it's pretty scummy once you look past the facade.

---

The Legend of Zelda (TV Serie)

Characters:

Zelda

Link

Ganon

King (supporting character - Zelda's father)

Midna (supporting character - waitress)

Ruto (supporting character - nurse)

Zelda is a strong independent woman who runs the Triforce dinner, but his also at risk of losing her business due to her father's illness increasing her debt. Ganon a local businessman with ties to the city (Hyrule) is using all the tricks he can to run Zelda into bankruptcy so that he can attain the deed to the Triforce and use its land, along those near already belonging to him to build a giant apartment complex.
Comes Link, the new doctor in town who quickly befriends Zelda as he becomes the man in charge of her father. As he gets closer to Zelda, will he be able to save the Triforce from falling into the hands of Ganon?

If you set your expectations to THIS, at least it can't get any worse, right?
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2015, 06:26:41 AM »

If you set your expectations to THIS, at least it can't get any worse, right?
It can always get worse. Just when you think it can't, then the rats come.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: