Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 04:31:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338068 Posts in 13842 Topics by 2214 Members
Latest Member: CoreSignal
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Guilty pleasure anime thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Guilty pleasure anime thread  (Read 10207 times)
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2013, 06:33:17 PM »

My biggest problem with Inuyasha is that the serie was way too long and the ending was complete garbage.
If you cock-tease some final epic fight with your villain for so long, you better have it be epic.

SPOILERS
Code:
Sesshoumaru kills Naraku (not even Inuyasha) and it only took one very simple effortless generic sword slash.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2013, 08:30:38 PM »

Guilty pleasures are guilty for a multitude of reasons.  Some people may love a show, but be hush-hush about it because they may not want to be associated with that particular fanbase.  Or maybe they have a reputation for being intellectual or whatnot, and feel like enjoying a "fluff" show kinda goes against who/what they're supposed to be.  Or maybe a show is targeted at a particular demographic, and we enjoy it despite being far removed from that demographic.  For example, adult males who enjoy Sailor Moon- a show whose main demographic is 6-12 year-old girls. 

Like I said, my guilty pleasure anime/manga is not popular or really very good.  You could name a ton of examples in its genre that are MUCH better.  But somehow it strikes a chord with me and I love it. 

It's almost like with dating.  Don't you hear stories all the time from people who are conflicted because they're in a relationship with someone who's completely not their type/ pretty much the opposite of what they usually date but are genuinely happy?  You think, as an outsider, that there should be no conflict.  If you're happy, be happy.  Like what you like.  But sometimes, you feel like you have to justify liking what you like, whether it's to yourself or others.  You know? 

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2013, 09:17:23 PM »

Guilty pleasures are guilty for a multitude of reasons.  Some people may love a show, but be hush-hush about it because they may not want to be associated with that particular fanbase.  Or maybe they have a reputation for being intellectual or whatnot, and feel like enjoying a "fluff" show kinda goes against who/what they're supposed to be.  Or maybe a show is targeted at a particular demographic, and we enjoy it despite being far removed from that demographic.  For example, adult males who enjoy Sailor Moon- a show whose main demographic is 6-12 year-old girls. 

Like I said, my guilty pleasure anime/manga is not popular or really very good.  You could name a ton of examples in its genre that are MUCH better.  But somehow it strikes a chord with me and I love it. 

It's almost like with dating.  Don't you hear stories all the time from people who are conflicted because they're in a relationship with someone who's completely not their type/ pretty much the opposite of what they usually date but are genuinely happy?  You think, as an outsider, that there should be no conflict.  If you're happy, be happy.  Like what you like.  But sometimes, you feel like you have to justify liking what you like, whether it's to yourself or others.  You know? 

That's a very astute observation there, Dincrest. I really liked the analogy at the end. Kudos to you man!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: