Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2014, 09:36:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
337759 Posts in 13830 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Zelda LttP 2 for 3DS
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 Print
Author Topic: Zelda LttP 2 for 3DS  (Read 17343 times)
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: November 30, 2013, 08:11:40 AM »

If you don't want to believe in the Chicken Blade then that's your loss.
Pfft, the chicken blade? That is the supposed prize? Lame. Now if you'll excuse me, I am trying to beat the Running Man in Ocarina of Time so I can get the Triforce.....I don't know what I am going to do with it once I have it, but who cares.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: November 30, 2013, 03:01:37 PM »

I just finished the fourth Lorule dungeon. Went back to try and get the bonus chest that I missed in the Dark Palace (The one in the middle of 2F), can't for the life of me figure it out.

A little late to the party, but....

Code:
Did you notice how in the room south of the chest, the Helmasaur King reliefs don't shine in the dark like in most of the other rooms of the dungeon? Try to remember what happens in the room that shares the same reliefs.

Anyways, I've hit an impasse in upgrading, in that I haven't been able to fight Shadow Links to earn medals and once I upgrade my items I won't be able to get the corresponding medals for the base items (I think, I know you can't use base items anymore once upgraded).

Quick Edit: Annddd, beat. Got 20 hearts, all the squidbillies, and all five bottles, and all without dying once (that wasn't on purpose).
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 03:21:32 AM by Aeolus » Logged

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: December 01, 2013, 12:42:20 PM »

Now do Hero Mode!   Which is pretty damn hard (...until you get a few hearts to cushion any blow).

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: December 01, 2013, 08:47:51 PM »

That thing was boss in FFV.

My uncle who works at Nintendo tells me that the above is false.

It's actually a Cucco Badge that lets you summon a swarm of angry cuccos at will.

Meanwhile, I got the game this morning and already I've discovered a minor sequence break to obtaining a piece of heart before even getting a sword.

Alas, I'm only two dungeons in right now so I haven't found many others. But right now there's a fuck ton of shit to do, even if its mostly for money.

Certainly better than the bee badge; that was the.... I wouldn't say worst, but I wouldn't even say "good" use of 888 rupees.

That was the Chicken Knife.

Also, you "spent" money on the Bee Badge?

Actually, I'm a little disappointed that there aren't any landmines hiding under shrubs and grass, those were so goofy. Plus, where's the fish?

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: December 02, 2013, 01:14:37 AM »

From what I heard you get a giant cucco after 999 seconds at the cucco run that stands beside the cucco run girl and restores one heart every time you talk to it. That's just hearsay though, and hasn't been confirmed.

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: December 03, 2013, 04:41:16 PM »

Today I found the last of the Octos and heart pieces, now all I have to do is get the upgraded net from the Treacherous Tower and then hopefully I'll be ready to beat the game with everything (aside from the rumored Cucco Dash prize)

Love some of the little details in this game, like Link eating the apples he picks up, or the fact that if you have the lantern equipped it will not only show up on Link's belt, but will also be on Paint Link's belt, too. Shows how much care went into this game, despite it initially sounding like a nostalgia powered cash grab.
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: December 03, 2013, 04:54:18 PM »

And apparently, using upgraded items during Shadow Link duels counts as using both upgraded and basic forms of said item. So there is literally no reason to not upgrade as soon as possible since those medals are not permanently missable after all.

Edit: And Hero Mode is done (well done an hour ago but done nevertheless). Yep, the ending sequence still pails in comparison to aLttP's ending sequence which makes it aLBW's greatest failure (the close second being no Magic Powder). Now to grind those Hero Medals/the Chicken Run.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 01:44:46 AM by Aeolus » Logged

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: December 06, 2013, 10:12:29 AM »

How has nobody mentioned how the final dungeon theme goes from AWESOME to straight-up BADASS as you defeat the mini-bosses? Between that and the second version of the Lorule overworld, all I could do was ask myself how that much sexiness could come from those tiny speakers. Don't know if I'd call this game of the year, but it most certainly is my game soundtrack of the year.

Beat the game, not too surprised by the ending reveal or the ending itself, though I was half expecting an epilogue or something that revealed
Code:
the game as a prequel to LttP, otherwise it's never really explained why Lorule and the Dark World (which was supposed to be the corrupted sacred realm) look the same

This is why I wish Nintendo never even played around with the whole "Zelda continuity" thing. By claiming that there is a definite timeline, they admit that any inconsistencies are just that and not just design decisions.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: December 06, 2013, 12:25:17 PM »

How has nobody mentioned how the final dungeon theme goes from AWESOME to straight-up BADASS as you defeat the mini-bosses? Between that and the second version of the Lorule overworld, all I could do was ask myself how that much sexiness could come from those tiny speakers. Don't know if I'd call this game of the year, but it most certainly is my game soundtrack of the year.

Beat the game, not too surprised by the ending reveal or the ending itself, though I was half expecting an epilogue or something that revealed
Code:
the game as a prequel to LttP, otherwise it's never really explained why Lorule and the Dark World (which was supposed to be the corrupted sacred realm) look the same

This is why I wish Nintendo never even played around with the whole "Zelda continuity" thing. By claiming that there is a definite timeline, they admit that any inconsistencies are just that and not just design decisions.

I honestly wouldn't try following the timeline any more than perhaps its placement... then you just give it an assured nod, and carry on.  Otherwise you have to question what the fuck happened to the vast differences in land masses between games.  They need a Zelda to explain the peculiar and inexplicable ...terraforming[?] that happens from title to title; I did love Wind Wakers version of "flooding the world" to protect the triforce.  Anyways, I honestly think following the timeline is more trouble than it;s worth, but I would't get in the way of people discussing and theorizing about it till the end of time.

And also, without complicating things, I think it's best to go with the simplest theory than a grand one: Hyrule and Lorule are simply an alternate dimension of each other (they both had their own Hy/Lorulean civil war after all; just the end-game was changed).
Code:
If anything, I was more surprised that the triforce can be destroyed....  I'd love that to be explored further.  Anyways, more importantly, and since we just BARELY dodged the bullet this time: I really want Ganon's role put to rest for a few titles.  Or I wish they'd explore him better or not at all.  I've never understood why the Triforce of Power must compel him to evil every damn title and I'd love if for once he and even Zelda were key players than damsel and villain.... they all share a triforce piece, why the constant lack of co-operation?

And yeah, I love that dungeons finally have a proper melody to them (too often it was some tribal-like drum beat, some ambient noises, and the occasional instrument tooting).  The OST is floating around Youtube; Hyrule, Lorule, and the final dungeon have between 2-5 versions... it's actually really something; and I hope future Zelda games go this route.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 12:33:27 PM by Dice » Logged

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: December 06, 2013, 01:31:07 PM »

Code:
Yeah, those two things kind of go hand-in-hand. The plots of Zelda games constantly mention that Ganon can't be defeated because he possesses  a piece of the Triforce. But now we know the Triforce can be destroyed AND the Triforce pieces can (pretty easily) be transferred to the wielders of the other pieces.
Nel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: December 06, 2013, 01:59:53 PM »

Got this game three days ago. Already at the last dungeon. I've been playing it that much. I LOVE this game. They got the range of the sword-swing perfect. They got Link's running speed perfect. The mini-map on the bottom screen looks exactly like ALttP's but as you explore the overworld, you notice all these little changes. And the plot only takes 10 minutes to get started. It's everything I've wanted from a Zelda game for years.

What happened when I got to Lorule was completely unexpected, so I loved how they subverted some things. Also, I really like how each of the seven sages has an identity and you can sort of tell which OoT sages some of them descended from. It's a nice little touch.

So GOTY for me. And I'm pretty sure it's toppled Seasons as my favorite in the series.
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: December 06, 2013, 05:27:32 PM »

Code:

Mostly because I was disappointed at how short it was. As much as Ganon's Tower was a slog in aLttP, it also served as a great capstone to the game since it was where the game effectively pulled out all the stops, whereas Lorule's Castle wasn't even as long as Thieves' Town's dungeon.

Also aLttP's Dark World was purposely made as a shadowy reflection of the Light World for world domination reasons (and because everything was getting warped and twisted in there), whereas Lorule is the Light World's shadowy reflection. The one clever thing with that was the Masked Cult since Lorule didn't have the form altering effects of the Dark World so it wound up being both a call back while also maintaining the sudo-normalcy of the inhabitance.

Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: December 06, 2013, 11:40:00 PM »

Also aLttP's Dark World was purposely made as a shadowy reflection of the Light World for world domination reasons (and because everything was getting warped and twisted in there), whereas Lorule is the Light World's shadowy reflection. The one clever thing with that was the Masked Cult since Lorule didn't have the form altering effects of the Dark World so it wound up being both a call back while also maintaining the sudo-normalcy of the inhabitance.

I loved the masked cult... a damn fine idea.

One thing I wish they could have done: Make the Pegasus Boots have the same "running style" as Wild Arms 1.  I hate that it's so hard to control and stop.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: December 11, 2013, 02:05:16 AM »

Bought this off the eshop last night.....beat it 15 minutes ago.

Easiest Zelda game ever. Not bad though.

TASTY!
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: December 11, 2013, 02:19:06 AM »

Bought this off the eshop last night.....beat it 15 minutes ago.

Easiest Zelda game ever. Not bad though.

While I think Wind Waker gave me even less of a hard time than this, yeah, I agree.  I think that's Nintendo's way of being "family friendly" and why it's justified that all the recent titles have a "hero mode" or whatever.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: