Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2014, 02:20:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332744 Posts in 13633 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Zelda LttP 2 for 3DS
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15 Print
Author Topic: Zelda LttP 2 for 3DS  (Read 15955 times)
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2013, 01:14:20 AM »

i made a an ERROR

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2013, 01:19:49 AM »

I didn't like the touch pad gimmicks in the last few handheld games so I hope this installment means there will keep that stuff to a minimum.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2013, 01:42:50 AM »

Changed the topic in light of the fact they're calling it a sequel, it's even explicitly numbered in the Japanese name.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2013, 11:54:53 AM »

Changed the topic in light of the fact they're calling it a sequel, it's even explicitly numbered in the Japanese name.
This is why Eusis is an admin and not a bum like the rest of us.

TASTY!
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2013, 12:20:23 PM »

My only reaction to this is that when someone tries the game, it's going to be a "LTTP Zelda LttP2"
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2013, 03:07:45 PM »

Fine. Ruin the joke. See if I care. ;_;

Though if NoJ is calling this KnTLttP2 then I suppose that them including AST remains in the realm of possibility (then again its still not that likely given the lack of voice acting but it'd be pretty cool none the less).

Additionally from the video/sceneshots, I noticed a few things. Namely you do get to catch a glimpse of Moldorm at the top of the tower (of Hera I suspect), and despite the change in floor tile to wire grating, the boss arena is still the same shape. Another thing is that changing floors doesn't cause things from floors above and below to change which may indicate more vertical puzzles than before (and make Moldorm much less of a bitch to fight since damage will persist regardless of how many times you get knocked off the battle platform). The worrisome thing though is that they look to have swapped the Magic Meter out with a Stamina Gauge which makes issues like running out of Magic during the Koldstare/Trinexx boss fights a thing of the past but it now means that a bunch of other things will be burning through the meter, likely including the Pegasus Boots. Also sword beams are different now but that's not likely a big change unless they're accessible to even the basic sword.

And for a bit of theory crafting, a while back ago I once heard that LttP was originally planned to have three protagonists (supposedly Link, Zelda, and a Fairy) instead of just Link, each of which having their own schtick (Link was mostly combat oriented with tools like in Zelda 1, Zelda would've been slinging spells, and the Fairy would've been there for mostly supportive purposes much like in Zelda 2). The only reason why I can believe this is because of the presence of the Medallions and Canes and the Fairy's sprite being much more detailed than anything before or since (but its not conclusive proof either way so don't hold me to this). Anywho, my theory is that with the purported changed being made to both the game's structure and the fact that its being billed as a sequel instead of a direct remake the possibility of them running with the three protagonists idea has opened again (but again, all we've seen thus far is stuff surrounding the (will it still be named?) Tower of Hera, and I somehow doubt that Zelda will be allowed to become a playable protagonist again, and that's if they bothered to change that much to begin with).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2013, 03:53:52 PM »

Wow.  I think someone who knows ALttP like the back of their hand put this gem together...
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 04:02:07 PM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2013, 04:29:40 PM »

^The game is going to be bad because that part looks exactly the same as A Link to the Past now? Give me a break.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2013, 04:30:37 PM »

...did I say that? S:

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2013, 04:33:08 PM »

...did I say that? S:

You are implying that by saying "this gem".

Sorry if I sound like an asshole by the way.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2013, 04:39:46 PM »

Naw man.  There's no tone on here and I'm enthusiastic about this release.
If I wanted to go for that, I would done "this" to it.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2013, 04:51:37 PM »

Zelda A LINK TO THE PAST returns! Hands-on gameplay impressions from Adam Sessler -- Rev3Games, YouTube
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2013, 04:58:47 PM »

Ygg's just pissed about capcom's terrible treatemeny of everyone, excuse his ornery accusations.

Kudos given to that assembly of images, though the enemy placement and specific tree in the uppermost part did give some assistance...

TASTY!
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2013, 05:26:35 PM »

Ygg's just pissed about capcom's terrible treatemeny of everyone, excuse his ornery accusations.

Don't worry, I'm over it.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 05:31:23 PM by Dice » Logged

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2013, 05:29:46 PM »

@Agent D.: The only time I got mad at Capcom in recent years was with how they handled the DLC for RE5 and the entire deal with DmC.

Is always bothersome the way they handle their business, but as a consumer (like they like to call me) I only care for them to not fuck up too many times to see stuff like Dragon's Dogma or RE6 in the future.

...I never understood why they like their games to have bad box art all the time for their Western releases though. :|

That said, Capcom never worked on Zelda again after the GBC games right?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 05:50:50 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: