Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 29, 2014, 10:12:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329878 Posts in 13521 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Zelda LttP 2 for 3DS
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15 Print
Author Topic: Zelda LttP 2 for 3DS  (Read 14920 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2013, 05:31:50 PM »

Minnish.
But yeah

EDIT: Nooooo my awesome Buscemi picture got page'd.... Dx
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 05:34:33 PM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2013, 06:38:07 PM »

Zelda: A Link to the Past 2 - 13 Minutes *Direct Sound* Gameplay in perfect Q -- Source: NiNTENDOMiNATi0N, YouTube
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2013, 09:00:54 PM »

I'm liking the remixed dungeon music but the boss music kinda feels a bit ehh.

Seems like I was right to a certain degree about changing floors maintaining persistent changes.

The boss fight was mostly unchanged except for the persistent damage making dealing with the boss easier.

They almost got rid of the flying tiles from the original dungeon which was always a boring room by reducing it to a 4x4 sequence that moved 4 at a time.

I liked that they kept the hidden fairy room even if hid it in a far less clever location. I noted that the fairies had little models instead of the usual glowy ball of pink.

No dungeon item and the Big Key only opened the boss's chamber (which is worrisome since some of the Big Key puzzles in the original were the best parts of their respective dungeons, also the Big Key was in the Big Chest).

Now it seems that you can use two items at once (on top of the sword).

Didn't seem like the guy managed to get the spin attack to work despite charging up for it. Maybe that'll unlock with the Master Sword instead of the sword beams.

The wall painting mode seemed to function independently from the selectable items (probably means an extra automatic item).

They added a mid dungeon warp point.

Also it seems that cracked floor tiles can now be destroyed with the Magic Hammer instead of only the Bombs.

sarcasm/ Also glad to see that Silver Rupees and yelping both make it in. Thankfully, they've added an extra digit to the wallet capacity for all that extra cash and restricted the yelping to taking damage only respectfully. /sarcasm

But really though, the only time you needed more than a grand in rupees in the original was to dump into the Wishing Fountain for capacity upgrades and gathering enough rupees to make use of that was the least tedious part of that mechanic. Also, its weird how all the original sound effects for the player's actions remained save for the one for taking damage (still vastly superior to every fucking thing having that yelping like how the GBA port had it).

And to be fair, the original also handed out rupees hand over fist with the chests that contained 300 rupees or 50 rupees.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2013, 10:15:24 PM »

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-9020_7-57582222-222/exclusive-zelda-3ds-feels-totally-different-needs-to-be-played-in-3d/

Welcome back evil, bleak, bizarre dark world!

Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2013, 10:24:24 PM »

I can't tell if I should be happy or bored that this game is following the LTTP DNA so closely.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2013, 02:44:11 AM »

Man that guy playing sucked ass.

TASTY!
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2013, 07:51:16 AM »

I can't tell if I should be happy or bored that this game is following the LTTP DNA so closely.

On the one hand, LttP 1 was an excellent game and still is one of my favorites, so more of the same can't be too bad.

On the other hand, if any of the recent Zelda's have taught me anything, it's to take Aonuma's words with a grain of salt.

But either way, it would've been goofy to leave the Dark World out of this given that it constituted the lion's share of the original game. I can only assume the Pink Bunny will return as well (although given that Link's hair is no longer pink, the bunny's pallet might also be changed).

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2013, 01:01:43 PM »

Damn, I wish there was a secret mod (name Link as ZELDA or something) to give the pink hair crop.

Whether I think it's good that the Dark World is coming back or not I have no idea -- but I realized it doesn't matter because this game was a Day 1 purchase the moment it was announced.

The Dark World was so fucking weird.  The Twilight Realm was the closest we've seen since, but it makes a point to be different and "out there".  I don't know about you, but I loved going from the Dark to Light worlds, you appreciate the green grass and blue water a thousand times more.  The Twilight Realm on Hyrule meant scared and unaware citizens, meanwhile the Dark World meant....warped people and places.

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2013, 04:11:44 PM »

Damn, I wish there was a secret mod (name Link as ZELDA or something) to give the pink hair crop.

Whether I think it's good that the Dark World is coming back or not I have no idea -- but I realized it doesn't matter because this game was a Day 1 purchase the moment it was announced.

The Dark World was so fucking weird.  The Twilight Realm was the closest we've seen since, but it makes a point to be different and "out there".  I don't know about you, but I loved going from the Dark to Light worlds, you appreciate the green grass and blue water a thousand times more.  The Twilight Realm on Hyrule meant scared and unaware citizens, meanwhile the Dark World meant....warped people and places.

^This.

The Twilight Realm's problem was how under utilized it was since it only really exists for the first part of the game before the game takes its huge tonal shift to more OoT and only really comes back for level 8. Although, it didn't help how visually subdued Hyrule was to begin with and either an entire game under Twilight or a majority of the game without a brighter Light World to contrast it with would've been far too monotonous for the game's own good.

Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2013, 12:18:11 AM »

On the one hand, LttP 1 was an excellent game and still is one of my favorites, so more of the same can't be too bad.

On the other hand, if any of the recent Zelda's have taught me anything, it's to take Aonuma's words with a grain of salt.

I don't really care for Link to the Past: Master Quest.

But if it's deceivingly similar, I'm interested.

This could have been Nintendo's chance to just go completely balls to the wall with a badass, true 2d-style Zelda sequel, the likes of which we haven't seen since LTTP itself.  (Every other top-down game since then has been outsourced.)

I hope it turns out okay.  :(
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2013, 07:11:28 PM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/06/27/the-dark-world-will-return-in-zelda-a-link-between-worlds/

The least surprising update.

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2013, 11:17:42 PM »

This was revealed over a month ago, yeah.

Nonetheless, this oddly has me more psyched than Wind Waker.

Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2013, 02:50:42 AM »

This was revealed over a month ago, yeah.

Nonetheless, this oddly has me more psyched than Wind Waker.

It should, the demo was awesome.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2013, 10:30:18 AM »

Welp, so much for being a direct sequel. They're changing the character designs and everything.

Still, the Dark World looks fantastic.

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2013, 11:09:45 AM »

Welp, so much for being a direct sequel. They're changing the character designs and everything.

That...was sarcasm right?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: