Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 24, 2014, 07:12:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327355 Posts in 13404 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Zelda LttP 2 for 3DS
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15 Print
Author Topic: Zelda LttP 2 for 3DS  (Read 13617 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: October 09, 2013, 12:06:02 PM »

Ouch. Touche! ;)

I was teasing.  I like you a lot. :(

Anyways; I'm kinda disappointed with Zelda designers these days.  Nothing feels very fresh and the biggest artistic liberty with this has to be how Link looks in a wall-chalk drawing.

I'm also getting tired of this "midas touch'd" boxart...  If they coloured the actual box or the cart again, then that's cool.  Ah well, nuance.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: October 09, 2013, 01:02:33 PM »

I'm also getting tired of this "midas touch'd" boxart...  If they coloured the actual box or the cart again, then that's cool.  Ah well, nuance.

Worst part is that a lot of people like their Zelda stuff covered in gold... for me the only thing they are doing with that is ruining perfectly good art with golden BS because the cartridge of Zelda on NES had that color.

In the end really is all about NOA selling dat nostalgia like they always do.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 01:29:05 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: October 09, 2013, 01:48:38 PM »

I'm also getting tired of this "midas touch'd" boxart...  If they coloured the actual box or the cart again, then that's cool.  Ah well, nuance.

Worst part is that a lot of people like their Zelda stuff covered in gold... for me the only thing they are doing with that is ruining perfectly good art with golden BS because the cartridge of Zelda on NES had that color.

To be fair, they for the most part stopped with Majora's Mask's release (excepting Wind Waker's, Skyward Sword's, and now A Link Between Worlds' releases).

But yeah, none of the games in Japan ever had plain gold colored boxarts.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: October 09, 2013, 03:04:36 PM »

To be fair, they for the most part stopped with Majora's Mask's release (excepting Wind Waker's, Skyward Sword's, and now A Link Between Worlds' releases).

But yeah, none of the games in Japan ever had plain gold colored boxarts.

Lucky them
http://www.zeldauniverse.net/zelda-news/north-american-box-art-for-the-wind-waker-hd-revealed-2/

It's not bad, I'm just really, reaaaallly nitpicking... but I find this is just kinda "tacky gold". 

The art is so good!  NO -- SLAP GOLD ON IT, THE WORLD WILL WASH IN GOOOLLD.

FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #94 on: October 09, 2013, 07:09:40 PM »

I hadn't even seen the regular Skyward Sword boxart until recently in an EB store. I was like "Why doesn't mine look that cool?" :P

But, you know, mine also came with a Triforce Wiimote, so I'm okay with that.

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: October 11, 2013, 04:46:10 PM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/10/11/legend-zelda-link-worlds-two-worlds-two-princesses/

New traile-ah my god! THAT PUN! THEY FINALLY MADE THAT GODDAMN PUN!!! It's taken almost 30 years but they finally went and made that awful pun.

Also totally called it on what's her face.

Also also, the more I see of this game, the less I see the game successfully merging the older base of LttP with the newer designs and directions that the Zelda series currently indulges in. At least the wall painting gimmick looks even more interesting than it did before.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: October 11, 2013, 05:31:37 PM »

SIDE RANT: Oh good, and now Nintendo is advertising 3DS games as being for the "3DS & 2DS" Can't wait for THAT argument at work

"I'd like Zelda for the 2DS"
*grab it out*
"That says for the 3DS. I wanted it for the 2DS"
"The same version works with both systems."
"I was told specifically to get the 2DS version."
"There is no 2DS version. The 2DS plays 3DS games."

and on and on.... I know I'm going to be ranting about this for months but I just can't believe Nintendo didn't learn their lesson about naming their systems after nobody understood the WiiU.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: October 11, 2013, 05:56:18 PM »

SIDE RANT: Oh good, and now Nintendo is advertising 3DS games as being for the "3DS & 2DS" Can't wait for THAT argument at work

"I'd like Zelda for the 2DS"
*grab it out*
"That says for the 3DS. I wanted it for the 2DS"
"The same version works with both systems."
"I was told specifically to get the 2DS version."
"There is no 2DS version. The 2DS plays 3DS games."

and on and on.... I know I'm going to be ranting about this for months but I just can't believe Nintendo didn't learn their lesson about naming their systems after nobody understood the WiiU.

Seriously. After all these years I really think they make that on purpose.
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: October 11, 2013, 06:23:34 PM »

Lorule? Hyrule?

...Low-rule? High-rule?

Odd. I never would've thought about doing that sort of pun.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: October 14, 2013, 05:23:28 PM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/10/14/zelda-a-link-between-worlds-has-a-fun-pre-order-bonus-in-the-u-k/

A neat little pre-order bonus for you NoE folks.

I doubt that we'll get something as awesome as that, but I'd even pre-order over at Gamestop if we did.

Edit: Also, a bundle. Curse your awesomeness NoE!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 10:43:38 AM by Aeolus » Logged

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: October 15, 2013, 11:09:46 AM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/10/14/zelda-a-link-between-worlds-has-a-fun-pre-order-bonus-in-the-u-k/

I doubt that we'll get something as awesome as that, but I'd even pre-order over at Gamestop if we did.

Jessusss.
NoA has kinda given up on us?

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: October 15, 2013, 06:43:57 PM »

Jessusss.

Asks the lady just protesting Nintendo's obsession with goldifying everything Zelda.

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: October 15, 2013, 06:50:12 PM »

Jessusss.

Asks the lady just protesting Nintendo's obsession with goldifying everything Zelda.

I actually didn't realize it was JUST gold, I thought it was a gold AND black model at first sight (saw it first from my phone; I'm also bitter when I hear a EU announcement without a NA one D: ...we've been spoiled....)..  It's not too bad a shade either at least.  A nice light gold.  My issue earlier was more with the cover art that necessitates washing the whole image out in one colour; not a device itself.

The gold PS3 controller is pretty pimp haha
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 06:52:37 PM by Dice » Logged

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: October 15, 2013, 06:57:59 PM »

I prefer my shiny toys in silver anyway. Was so bummed when I found out there was a silver PS3 controller that was discontinued. Then slightly less disappointed when Sony released the metallic grey model.

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: October 15, 2013, 07:01:56 PM »

I prefer my shiny toys in silver anyway. Was so bummed when I found out there was a silver PS3 controller that was discontinued. Then slightly less disappointed when Sony released the metallic grey model.

Grey can be cool, but I had enough grey after each gaming milked it up until N64/PSX.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: