Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 24, 2014, 01:56:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327337 Posts in 13403 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Zelda LttP 2 for 3DS
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15 Print
Author Topic: Zelda LttP 2 for 3DS  (Read 13608 times)
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: November 16, 2013, 07:59:10 AM »

My butt is tingling with excitement~!!!!!!!

TMI?

I could have said "other" parts. :D

Yeah but that would have been hawt! :P Unless you are talking about other "other" parts, in which case I have no idea of what we are talking about anymore. o.o
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: November 19, 2013, 12:49:49 AM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/11/18/rupees-important-ever-zelda-link-worlds/

Impressions of the game.

Warning, slight spoilers.

Edit: http://www.siliconera.com/2013/11/19/zelda-link-worlds-developers-cheat-camera/

Okay, now that's neat to know.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 01:45:38 PM by Aeolus » Logged

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: November 19, 2013, 02:21:37 PM »

Augh, I was just gonna post....

As I said in their comments though, I love weird (even if useless) trivia like this.  I just find it cool how "cheats", shortcuts and tricks like this contribute to creating something.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 02:43:21 PM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: November 20, 2013, 02:02:09 PM »

Well in the original NES he's laying on his side, back, and stomach the whole journey
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: November 20, 2013, 02:42:17 PM »

I'm getting my son(really, US, haha) a 3DSXL for Christmas, and this is one of the games I'm looking forward to the most. He wants Ocarina 3D, and I want this.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: November 23, 2013, 10:03:02 AM »

I am determined not to continue with the game's story until I've gotten 100 seconds on Cuccoo Dodging. Got to love mini-games that ramp difficulty up from Beginner > Easy > Intermediate > F$%# YOU!!

My record so far is about 68 seconds.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: November 23, 2013, 12:06:55 PM »

Don't bother. The reward is ... 100 rupees.

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: November 23, 2013, 12:09:32 PM »

I am determined not to continue with the game's story until I've gotten 100 seconds on Cuccoo Dodging. Got to love mini-games that ramp difficulty up from Beginner > Easy > Intermediate > F$%# YOU!!

My record so far is about 68 seconds.

Yeah I think I'm gonna have to sit out some of those mini-game, I suck at them.  I gotta try baseball though...!

I'm enjoying the dungeons so far, they're wonderfully varied, they got brain-bogging puzzles, but they're also not ridiculously long (I always felt that playing a 3D Zelda game, you can usually allocate yourself to only "a dungeon a day" since they were pretty big experiences -- I'm not saying this is true for all of course, and this game seems to have pretty short but effective dungeons).

The Shadow Palace had some crafty puzzles, and as soon as I saw the light imprint I knew who the boss was and I love that they've brought back some classic enemies.

Don't bother. The reward is ... 100 rupees.

Dear god, you actually have better chances with that "random treasure" minigame...  THANK YOU ASHTON

Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: November 23, 2013, 09:03:24 PM »

So I heard renting/buying equipment is big.

Can that very equipment still be found?
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: November 23, 2013, 10:02:56 PM »

Not that I've come across, but someone further in the game than me will have to give a better answer.

I know there's a creature with a "Find 100 McGuffins" sidequest that offers to upgrade a piece of equipment so long as you aren't just renting it.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: November 24, 2013, 12:22:52 AM »

Not that I've come across, but someone further in the game than me will have to give a better answer.

I know there's a creature with a "Find 100 McGuffins" sidequest that offers to upgrade a piece of equipment so long as you aren't just renting it.

I've heard mixed deals THERE, but I honestly have no problem renting stuff; a lot of items are still found (like the Shield, boots, flippers... the basics).

But with respect to my earlier point, I heard only certain items are worth buying because other items "upgraded effects" aren't worth the full purchase.  I heard the hookshot's added effect (I don't know what it is) isn't as useful to say the Bow's 3-way shooting.

But the problem is : Is the game hard/long enough to justify it for anything other than completion sake?

FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #146 on: November 24, 2013, 12:33:01 AM »

But the problem is : Is the game hard/long enough to justify it for anything other than completion sake?

I seem to remember that being the same problem with Skyward Sword. You COULD spend hours upgrading everything, but by that time you're pretty much done with a relatively easy game anyway and it's only for sake of completing it.

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: November 24, 2013, 12:40:08 AM »

I seem to remember that being the same problem with Skyward Sword. You COULD spend hours upgrading everything, but by that time you're pretty much done with a relatively easy game anyway and it's only for sake of completing it.

The Skyward Sword upgrades bugged me (and I guess this game too, now).  Sure you can get the "longer flying time" or "faster flying" for the stupid Remote Bug item (forgot its name), but it was never-ever NEEDED to complete the game.  If the game made mandatory item upgrades to change things up, that might be interesting.

The Net became a "Bigger Net" (whoop dee doo, it was easy enough to catch bugs anyways)

The Bow and Arrow became more powerful (but +90% combat was done with the sword).

The only upgrades I liked in SS were for bigger inventory.  But I do like how Link Between Worlds just uses the magic meter instead of a bunch of other items like buying Arrows here or Bombs somewhere else.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 24, 2013, 01:54:54 AM »

In hero mode, undoubtedly.

In standard, I think it's just a matter of you sitting on so many rupees and wanting to do something with them. I haven't really gone out of my way to get money to buy stuff, I just buy stuff because I like ownership and I can afford it. I didn't even know about upgrades until now, heh.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: November 24, 2013, 04:43:25 AM »

In hero mode, undoubtedly.

In standard, I think it's just a matter of you sitting on so many rupees and wanting to do something with them. I haven't really gone out of my way to get money to buy stuff, I just buy stuff because I like ownership and I can afford it. I didn't even know about upgrades until now, heh.

Yeah, I can see Hero Mode needing something like that since the game is based off of aLttP which wasn't exactly the most difficult game but screwing up was costly in the Dark World (like certain enemies even in the Light World being capable of inflicting 2 whole hearts worth of damage; comparative numbers not seen again in the series outside of special cases like eating a direct hit from an Iron Knuckle or final bosses until Skyward Sword; and the numbers just went up from there; fighting Ganon in nothing but the Green Tunic meant that screwing up would cost 8 hearts a hit, fully armored in Red Mail only meant 2 full hearts again). But yeah, not all upgrades are equal and I can't really imagine the Hookshot getting anything more substantial than a Longshot or Double Hookshot upgrade (and both of those were fairly flaky in their previous incarnations as well). I'd say go for the Rods and the Bow first.

Also, I did find that upgrading the Shield and Beetle in Skyward Sword were worth it for the added durability (especially the Goddess Shield and its meager durability) and the ability to increase the range and flight speed of the Beetle respectfully (especially once the Beetle got outfitted with the ability to carry things like Bombs since that did come up every once in a while; especially in Lanaryu Desert where you had to dunk bombs into those wall statues).
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 04:45:21 AM by Aeolus » Logged

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: