Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 04:11:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334755 Posts in 13709 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Zelda LttP 2 for 3DS
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 Print
Author Topic: Zelda LttP 2 for 3DS  (Read 16480 times)
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #195 on: December 11, 2013, 02:53:35 AM »

I will be getting this one for Christmas. Any chance Hero Mode can be played first time around?

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: December 11, 2013, 02:55:48 AM »

Maybe if you name yourself Zelda? I forget which game that was in. EIther way, not normally.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: December 11, 2013, 03:00:43 AM »

Maybe if you name yourself Zelda? I forget which game that was in. EIther way, not normally.
That's only in the original Legend of Zelda for the NES. Also, started hero mode.....now enemies do double damage....woopty do.

TASTY!
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #198 on: December 11, 2013, 03:10:05 AM »

Yeah, didn't think so. Thanks Ash.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: December 11, 2013, 03:34:00 AM »

I definitely think the three-heart challenge is the way to go for a Zelda hard mode. Particularly in this title where that might mean an OHKO.

Skyward and Wind Waker also upped the ante since their hero mode makes finding hearts impossible on top of double damage.

No matter what though, if you're seeking heart containers, Zelda titles will always be some level odd easy since you got more damage that can easily be soaked up.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: December 11, 2013, 03:38:24 AM »

Also no armor upgrades.

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: December 11, 2013, 05:33:45 AM »

I definitely think the three-heart challenge is the way to go for a Zelda hard mode. Particularly in this title where that might mean an OHKO.

Skyward and Wind Waker also upped the ante since their hero mode makes finding hearts impossible on top of double damage.

No matter what though, if you're seeking heart containers, Zelda titles will always be some level odd easy since you got more damage that can easily be soaked up.

Unfortunately, I believe you have to get at least two heart containers in the second and third Light World dungeons due to the Pendants not appearing until you do.

That said, do it on Hero Mode, with only 5 Hearts, no Bottles (this is like the first Zelda game since the aLttP that didn't mandate having at least one bottle; Bottle-less games aside), no Mail, Final Destination, Fox only.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: December 11, 2013, 07:13:55 PM »

Unfortunately, I believe you have to get at least two heart containers in the second and third Light World dungeons due to the Pendants not appearing until you do.

That said, do it on Hero Mode, with only 5 Hearts, no Bottles (this is like the first Zelda game since the aLttP that didn't mandate having at least one bottle; Bottle-less games aside), no Mail, Final Destination, Fox only.
I think the last two points are impossible to even do.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: December 11, 2013, 07:21:38 PM »

I think the last two points are impossible to even do.

You should never give up !!

Nel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: December 11, 2013, 10:47:50 PM »

I do think it's an easy game, but definitely not the easiest Zelda game. Some of the bosses still killed me. I never died once in The Minish Cap, though. I'd say that one's the easiest LoZ.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: December 11, 2013, 11:22:40 PM »

I do think it's an easy game, but definitely not the easiest Zelda game. Some of the bosses still killed me. I never died once in The Minish Cap, though. I'd say that one's the easiest LoZ.
I disagree completely. Minish cap had some challenge in regards to gameplay and boss fights, but LBW was quite simple, especially with upgraded weapons and the special spin attack HOLY CRAP that is overpowered as all fuck. I beat treacherous tower in 7 minutes just using that and the lantern.

TASTY!
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: December 11, 2013, 11:36:55 PM »

This I'll agree with.  I think just about all bosses were at least a hassle (except for ice temple boss)

Nel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: December 11, 2013, 11:52:50 PM »

The only challenge in MC's boss battles was getting your little LinkBros to line up right on that Manta Ray thing, otherwise I don't see how any of the other bosses could be considered harder than LBW's. But we'll just have to agree to disagree. ^_^;

Most of the bosses were pretty obvious strategy-wise, and stocking up on fairies and having the tunic and sword upgrades made them a cakewalk, but I still think they hit me more. Moldorm's still a pain in the butt years later, the giant hand kept getting me because of the collapsing floors, and he and sword-an-shield guy gave me trouble because I kept forgetting that hiding in the wall was an option. XD
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: December 12, 2013, 01:51:08 AM »

The only challenge in MC's boss battles was getting your little LinkBros to line up right on that Manta Ray thing, otherwise I don't see how any of the other bosses could be considered harder than LBW's. But we'll just have to agree to disagree. ^_^;

Most of the bosses were pretty obvious strategy-wise, and stocking up on fairies and having the tunic and sword upgrades made them a cakewalk, but I still think they hit me more. Moldorm's still a pain in the butt years later, the giant hand kept getting me because of the collapsing floors, and he and sword-an-shield guy gave me trouble because I kept forgetting that hiding in the wall was an option. XD

The only difficult boss from MC was the final boss since you had to go through like a five step program to even hurt the guy by lining up your Links to hit the right eyes, shoot the eyes in the hands with arrows, minish into the base of the arms and destroy their core, then take the now severed arms and throw them at the boss, and finally wail on the boss directly.

The problem with aLBW's bosses is that their damage output got nerfed for the most part (they basically hit like regular enemies most of the time). Which made the difference between Regular Mode and Hero Mode the difference between wanting your basic enemies to be as strong in this game as in aLttP at the expense of weaker bosses, or do you want your bosses as strong as they were in aLttP at the expense of having everything be able to one or two-shot you.

That said, a lot of the returning boss patterns did get nerfed.
Code:
Especially Blind's (who got a cool gimmick out of it at least, but loses two of his heads, his fireball spam, and his eye beams), Ganon (or do we call him Yugadorf, or it Hilgadorf?, either way his firebats aren't nearly as threatening since they're smaller, aren't as fast, and their pattern is easier to identify and dodge, plus you don't have to deal with Yugadorf while dodging them), Trinexx (or Mononexx given his only having one neck instead of three), and Yuga (who's a poor man's substitute for Agahmin, especially since his signature move got requisitioned for Hilgadorf's final phase, leaving just the Lightning which isn't nearly as threatening due to a much smaller AoE, and his shadow clones which only spawn Green mooks if you get it wrong, and he wont act until you defeat said mook).

Plus, they replaced Mothula outright (who admittedly was pretty damn goofy difficulty-wise given the conveyor belt floor, the spike traps along the wall, that eventually move about, and of course, the boss himself) with a hand with an easy-to-discern pattern.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: December 12, 2013, 02:56:36 AM »

Speaking of Blind, best moment in the game when you figure out how to break his guard.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: