Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 28, 2014, 07:15:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329783 Posts in 13518 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Earthbound to be released this year on WiiU's virtual console.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Earthbound to be released this year on WiiU's virtual console.  (Read 1929 times)
Britton

View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 17, 2013, 11:54:30 AM »

I can now stop using my WiiU just for watching podcasts on my TV now. lol

http://venturebeat.com/2013/04/17/earthbound-coming-to-the-virtual-console/
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 12:28:36 PM »

We should be thankful that Miiverse doesn't have region locking for Japanese communities.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 01:06:21 PM »

Still sour that it's not on 3DS VC. Cool for Wii-U owners and great news for Earthbound fans in general. It's about time this happened.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 01:45:57 PM »

I would be more excited if I hadn't JUST replayed this whole game last fall. I cannot imagine going through it again for some. While it is easily one of my favorite RPG's of all time, even I must admit, some parts were just excruciating to get through. Great game and although the mechanics did not age well at all, I feel like earthbound is in the realm of genre classics all gamers should experience (or at least have the chance too for less than 200 bucks).

It also sports one of my favorite soundtracks of all time with some of the best fan remix tracks to be made following the title EVER in my opinion.

Now get us Mother 3 outside of japan and you'll really see me start opening my wallet...

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2013, 04:01:43 PM »

Now get us Mother 3 outside of japan and you'll really see me start opening my wallet...

Sure, when they port or remake for X platform you can start having the idea of the game leaving Japan. Right now you are stuck playing the fan translation if you choose to do that.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2013, 04:16:09 PM »

The lack of OG Wii VC is also disappointing, but not by much.

Honestly, having this will probably mean that we may yet finally see Earthbound carts go down in pr-bahahahaha. Sorry, couldn't finish that thought. The retro gaming market is still going to be screwed 5 ways from Sunday regardless of digital availability. At least its nice to finally have a way to legally play through the game to finally see what all fuss is about.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2013, 04:20:38 PM »

At least its nice to finally have a way to legally play through the game to finally see what all fuss is about.

The fuss comes from the series having alot of charm and personality. Also each game is very memorable in its own way.
Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2013, 05:51:12 PM »

I'm thinking they should just pay the people who did the fan translation, take it, dump it on a cart with Earthbound Zero and Earthbound and sell it. Sure it wouldn't be the most thoughtful thing, but god damn do these games need way more attention. Except Earthbound Zero. That game murdered me.

Laugh and the world laughs with you.
Weep, and you weep alone.
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2013, 05:59:58 PM »

Luckily, this could mean that the EarthBound brand is going to be revived with a new game down the road.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2013, 06:17:52 PM »

Luckily, this could mean that the EarthBound brand is going to be revived with a new game down the road.

Or a GBA VC localized port of Mother 3.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2013, 06:51:56 PM »

Offer to Nintendo -- Source: MOTHER 3 Fan Translation Blog
Der Jermeister

The Angry Videogame Fur

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2013, 03:38:43 PM »

I wonder if they'll change things for legal reasons in the American VC version or leave it intact.

Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2013, 03:46:50 PM »

I wonder if they'll change things for legal reasons in the American VC version or leave it intact.

I heard none of those things with the music were actually real. When a Nintendo rep was asked about that, he had no idea what they were talking about and had nothing to do with them trying to release the game here.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2013, 03:21:16 PM »

According to Mato's blog its just the original SNES game slapped onto the VC. Small question...Why isn't it being put on 3DS VC? Plan on getting one soon, and this would be fantastic.

Laugh and the world laughs with you.
Weep, and you weep alone.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2013, 03:29:32 PM »

According to Mato's blog its just the original SNES game slapped onto the VC. Small question...Why isn't it being put on 3DS VC? Plan on getting one soon, and this would be fantastic.

Every damn time...

There's no SNES support on 3DS VC, so far at least. It's that simple, and it's the question you should really be asking because they won't make an exception just for Earthbound.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: