Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 29, 2014, 12:16:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338779 Posts in 13866 Topics by 2217 Members
Latest Member: milz
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Mario & Luigi 4: Dream Team
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Mario & Luigi 4: Dream Team  (Read 4509 times)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 17, 2013, 04:50:00 PM »

http://gematsu.com/2013/04/mario-luigi-dream-team-release-date-set

Surprised nobody made a thread for this one yet as this is a fairly entertaining RPG series.

Anyways, we got a release date of August 11 and its looking really good.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 05:57:13 PM »

More Yoko Shimomura goodness. I approve.

So now Peach gets kidnapped through Luigi's dreams. Another fantastic way for her to get whisked away... Ooh, maybe Luigi secretly dreams to have Peach all by himself and his relationship with Daisy was fake.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 06:14:21 PM »

More Yoko Shimomura goodness. I approve.

So now Peach gets kidnapped through Luigi's dreams. Another fantastic way for her to get whisked away... Ooh, maybe Luigi secretly dreams to have Peach all by himself and his relationship with Daisy was fake.

Or perhaps he's having a Fawful Nightmare. :V

Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

WOLOLO

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 11:53:52 PM »

It does look quite great. ML1 and 3 were great, so I'm hoping this'll be a winner too. Hate those Bros Items though. Hopefully they let you learn new abilities.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Britton

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2013, 11:52:40 AM »

Awesome. these games are pure fun.
GuardianBoi

SOphie!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2013, 03:59:43 PM »

I saw stuff on this a little while ago and am very excited. I never really got into any of the Mario & Luigi titles until Bowser's Inside Story. It was so ridiculous and clever, I couldn't put it down. I have a feeling this new game will be just like that. Silly concept with a super fun battle system. :)

pigTails of...
Monsoon
Electric Mayhem
Contributing Editor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2013, 05:17:27 PM »

I don't own a 3DS, but the M&L games were all entertaining.  Hard to pick a favorite between Superstar Saga and Bowser's Inside Story, though. 

Der Jermeister

The Angry Videogame Fur

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2013, 09:01:34 PM »

I want to replay Superstar Saga and still haven't played Bowser's Inside Story. But I thoroughly enjoyed Partners in Time.

Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2013, 09:30:09 PM »

PiT was okay, but the four players made things a bit too hectic, the Shroomish invaders didn't quite hit the mark like a twenty story tall Bowser or Fawful's rants, and the babies in general didn't really add all that much.

If I had to choose between SSS and BIS I'd probably go with BIS since Bowser brought a ton to the table in both the gameplay and the writing/humor sense (nothing like watching Bowser's invasion plans getting foisted by his own greedy appetite among other things).

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2013, 09:31:58 PM »

^ I was about to ask if the DS game was good. I saw it around on sale quite a bit but was never sure whether it was worth grabbing.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2013, 09:41:45 PM »

^ I was about to ask if the DS game was good. I saw it around on sale quite a bit but was never sure whether it was worth grabbing.

There are two DS games; PiT and BIS. SSS is the only one for the GBA.

Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2013, 03:56:45 PM »

I haven't played a mario game since MarioRPG on the snes. However, given my last few months of pure SMT-play i need something to brighten the mood... I think mario fits the bill quite nicely...

I have both Paper Mario: The Thousand year old door and Super Star Saga both on the shelf. Which of the two is shorter/less of a time sink or would you guys suggest to break up the ever-so-serious nature of playing nothing but shin megami tensei related crap for quite awhile now?

And lastly, Bowsers inside story... how much do I need to use the stylus? can i relax and play this thing kicking back in the evening or is it one of those "touch screen" heavy titles I gotta sit up for?

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.

Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

WOLOLO

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2013, 05:52:31 PM »

Both of them are awesome. Superstar Saga is shorter.

Bowser's Inside Story uses the stylus for minigames, if I recall, but not much else.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Monsoon
Electric Mayhem
Contributing Editor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2013, 06:36:39 PM »

Mario is one of the best RPG series of all time.  I say this without irony.  SMRPG, the three PM games (four if you count SPM, but that's basically a platformer), and the three M&L games.  All excellent.  No duds in the bunch except... maybe Sticker Star?  But even then I'm not sure. 

But anyhow, Klyde, Thousand-Year Door is on the meaty side (~30 hours) and Superstar Saga is a little lighter (~20 hours).  Both are excellent, but I would say that TTYD is heavier in dialog and world-building while SSS is heavier on crazy platforming trickiness.  Both games are excellent in their own right, so I guess in the long run I'd recommend them both. 

BTW, when I plan out what games I want to play and would like to know how long or short a game is, this is a pretty good resource: http://www.howlongtobeat.com/.  I'm weird and I plan out my backlog in advance.  HLTB helps. 

Wild Armor
Observer
Contributing Editor

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2013, 06:55:10 PM »

Mario is one of the best RPG series of all time.  I say this without irony.  SMRPG, the three PM games (four if you count SPM, but that's basically a platformer), and the three M&L games.  All excellent.  No duds in the bunch except... maybe Sticker Star?  But even then I'm not sure. 

But anyhow, Klyde, Thousand-Year Door is on the meaty side (~30 hours) and Superstar Saga is a little lighter (~20 hours).  Both are excellent, but I would say that TTYD is heavier in dialog and world-building while SSS is heavier on crazy platforming trickiness.  Both games are excellent in their own right, so I guess in the long run I'd recommend them both. 

BTW, when I plan out what games I want to play and would like to know how long or short a game is, this is a pretty good resource: http://www.howlongtobeat.com/.  I'm weird and I plan out my backlog in advance.  HLTB helps. 

Just checked out that website...very cool. :)

I checked out Rune Factory Frontier and saw it took a person to complete it in a little over 150 hours (Just main Story). I couldn't stop laughing, especially with with the longest main + extras run for Xenoblade Chronicles (311 hours, really???). I definitely just want to check out other games and see if it gets just as ridiculous. ;)

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: