Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 28, 2014, 05:00:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338758 Posts in 13865 Topics by 2217 Members
Latest Member: milz
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  THE EVIL WITHIN (ZWEI)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Print
Author Topic: THE EVIL WITHIN (ZWEI)  (Read 11526 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: July 25, 2014, 07:05:58 AM »

Throwing a small warning for anyone trying to avoid spoilers as much as possible:

(*)

John is a Game Designer at Tango Gameworks. The video he is referring to is the 3rd one in the playthrough.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 07:25:16 AM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2014, 05:30:54 PM »

Bethesda Underground Presents: The Evil Within - The American -- Bethesda Softworks, Twitter / YouTube

"As we draw nearer to "The Evil Within's" release date, we're giving you a closer look at the names and faces of Tango Gameworks -- the developers behind Shinji Mikami's return to survival horror.

Meet Tango Gameworks' Level Designer, John Johanas - AKA 'The American'."
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: July 31, 2014, 02:13:04 PM »

So, uh, reading the last page has me confused.  One person says it's more like RE4. The other says it's like REmake.  They are totally different games, which is it?

(please say REmake).
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 31, 2014, 05:16:49 PM »

I would say RE4 in terms of controls (tight third person) and REmake in terms of atmosphere (burning bodies and very limited resource).  The actual horror seems to be more focused on the psychological rather than biological, which is where a lot of the RE4 talk is coming from.  The first trailers for RE4 that had the hook man enemy and a strong sense of the bizarre (crazy knife-wielding dolls), which is more in line with what we see in TEW.

Hope this answered your question! 
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: July 31, 2014, 05:53:46 PM »

Bethesda: Vote for your alternate case cover for The Evil Within -- All Games Beta

---

Rakuten's PsychoBreak site

Small information booklet about PsychoBreak. All text is in Japanese.
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: August 01, 2014, 01:52:12 PM »

Oh man, loving the Asylum cover. Feels very Hugo's House of Horrors or Alone in the Dark.

Also the Piercing Eye one is now my new background!
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: August 11, 2014, 01:32:30 AM »

this game is gonna slay
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: August 13, 2014, 11:31:04 AM »

The Season Pass will offer access to three planned add-ons for The Evil Within:

・Assume the role of The Keeper in a sadistic collection of mission-based maps.

・A two-part story-driven experience in the role of Julie "Kid" Kidman.

Price(s): $19.99/14.99/19.99
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: August 17, 2014, 12:05:36 PM »

Bethesda TwitchWorks - The Evil Within w/ Pete Hines -- Bethesda Softworks, Twitter / YouTube

Over an hour of Pete Hines going through Chapter 9.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: August 19, 2014, 11:47:57 AM »

Bethesda TwitchWorks - The Evil Within w/ Pete Hines -- Bethesda Softworks, Twitter / YouTube

Over an hour of Pete Hines going through Chapter 9.

This looks awesome. I just flipped around to not ruin anything but to get a feel for it. Looks blazin'
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: August 26, 2014, 11:34:11 AM »

Hollywood cast provide the voices within -- BethBlog

Dunno how to feel about this... but, I hope everyone did a good job, especially Yuri Lowenthal as Joseph Oda. Last time I heard him acting in an horror game he did a super bad job as Vincent in the re-dub of Silent Hill 3 for the "HD" Collection.

Though, to be fair the re-dub was as badly handled as the rest of that project was.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: September 05, 2014, 02:07:22 PM »

The Evil Within Maze at Fright Nights Australia -- EvilWithin[dot]net

"Fright Nights Australia has announced a new attraction at Movie World, in anticipation of the game's release and Halloween. The attraction is a maze based on the game that will include signature characters and moments from it. The event will also run every Friday and Saturday in October. You can check out the link yourself below, to read more about the upcoming attraction. More information about the attraction will be posted here, once it's made available."

Tsuchiya Anna "LUCIFER" visuals released & TV CM tie-up announced -- musicJAPANplus

"Tsuchiya Anna, who has just started her 10th solo debut anniversary year, will be releasing a mini album "LUFICER" on 2014/10/22. The main visuals and package contents for this album have been released.

She has also announced that the main song "LUCIFER" will become the TV CM song for survival horror game "Psycho Break"."
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: September 06, 2014, 01:33:39 PM »

25 Reasons The Evil Within will Rock -- NeoGAF

Even with all this points (which I knew about), there's still a lot faith put into TEW that fans of the genre have done like myself that have followed the project closely, as well as the more jaded/cynic fans that changed their minds after playing a demo at a event. Why? Because this kind of game doesn't really exists outside Resident Evil and Fatal Frame nowadays.

Who knows what happened with the Siren series after Siren: Blood Curse, which was pretty cool at the time and was a successful project for what I know.

Either way, TEW is mainly exciting for the kind of environment the game is coming from. There's lots of people from Clover Studio, Old-school Capcom, Platinum Games, Grasshopper Manufacture and Game Republic that have done great work in multiple games in the past that are related to TEW's development in some way, and mixing that with the new blood they have at Tango Gameworks I'm certain something great can come out of it.
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: September 08, 2014, 12:00:33 AM »

"12.) The game has a save-room hub area"

Fuck yeah. I love it when games have elements like this. Part of what makes a really effective horror game, IMO, is managing the rise and fall of tension. Save-hub rooms are great places to relax a little, let the tension fall and let yourself catch a breath. Looking back to the classic Resident Evil games, I remember feeling relieved when I got a save-hub room, but the whole time there was a little bit of unease because I knew I would eventually have to leave the relative safety of the area and venture back into the dangerous unknown.

EDIT:

Or basically what Yoda said here:

Excellent. The save room music was fantastic in RE.

You felt safe and at ease from the SURVIVAL HORROR
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 12:22:56 AM by (Tunnels) » Logged
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: September 10, 2014, 02:15:58 PM »

Bethesda Underground Presents: The Evil Within - Delicious Evil -- Bethesda Softworks, Twitter / YouTube

"See how the terrifying sounds of The Evil Within are created in ways you might not necessarily expect in our newest Bethesda Underground video from the offices of Tango Gameworks -- makers of The Evil Within."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: