Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 19, 2014, 05:57:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340917 Posts in 13933 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Brush and Quill
| | |-+  What I've been up to.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: What I've been up to.  (Read 1019 times)
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: April 21, 2013, 10:16:51 AM »

Hey guys!

I know I haven't been very active over the past couple of years, so I thought I'd stop by and let you know what I have been up to.

I'm currently living in London, UK where I have been involved in a number of low key musical projects. Right now I am putting a lot of effort into a one man band I call Carnivorous Forest. I have released two demos over the past two years and have written, like, 20 songs. It's kind of folk metal without the pan pipes and flutes and shit. More... Bathory than Elvenking.

In the old old old days, I used to put up midis, so I wanted to post one of my current songs to show you guys how things have evolved over the years. If you are a fan of A Song of Ice and Fire, you will probably recognize the images and lyrical content. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fO1OVu6nz_I

Let me know what you think!

Cheers.

Los

Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 07:44:06 PM »

I likes it.  At first I thought the soft intro was a bit too long in the buildup, but I soon forgot about that once the heaviness kicked in.  I like that you have a barbarian type voice that's powerful AND properly enounciated.  I love guttural cookie monster growls as much as the next guy, but this vocal style is more "epic" to me.  I'm reminded a bit of Bal-Sagoth, but with a more stripped-down, thrashy sound without the orchestrations and stuff. 

I can only imagine how that would sound live with Les Pauls (equipped with Seymour Duncan Blackout pickups) ran through Mesa/Boogie Triple Rectifiers.  Oh, and a Roscoe 5-string bass ran through an Ampeg SVT and a pair of "fridge" (8x10) cabinets.  And a Tama Kit with double bass, tons of toms, array of Sabian cymbals...

You don't mess with Khaleesi unless you want your face immolated.

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Losfer
The Pope

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 10:12:48 AM »

Cheers for the kind words, Dezo!

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 11:24:30 AM »

Dude, you should have posted this in the Soundroom or General. I don't know if a whole lot of people check out the Brush and Quill section.
Plus, it's music related and, well, Soundroom says it all.
But, hey, you get Neals input, and that's all you really need. Sarcasm? I think not!
(Just messin')
; - )

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: Mistbron#3: Hero of Ages
Losfer
The Pope

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2013, 10:32:20 AM »

Snap, you're right. I must have gotten this forum mixed up with Creative Cornucopia, which... doesn't exist anymore! Alas! Oh well, it does have a book conceit as it has to do with A Song of Ice and Fire. ;)

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: