Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 09:43:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334809 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  How's Resonance of Fate
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: How's Resonance of Fate  (Read 2930 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2013, 12:46:00 AM »

I agree.  I think it's one of them "less is more" things.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2013, 01:21:12 PM »

This board is dead?  I'd say it's pretty much perfect...

I second this.
If there is one thing I can say about why I love this community is because it's not like gamefaqs. Sure GF has its place, and they're useful too, but when we want to actually engage in a conversation, hear an opinion or something else, having a smaller but of better quality community is way better than the volume of responses on the board.

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2013, 05:44:19 PM »

Agreed.  It has enough going on to make me visit often, while small enough to remember who most people are.  I hate being on boards where the only people you remember are the annoying trolls because it's too large to remember anyone else.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2013, 05:49:56 PM »

Best part about all of his topics is how he makes 1-2 posts and never returns...

TASTY!
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2013, 07:19:53 PM »

I'd say so as well. We make new topics when new topics are needed, sometimes additional topics are made for discussion sake but not for the sake of making additional topics.

That said, I didn't mind the occasional "comparing the occasional game" threads since they were mostly about individual games and usually they weren't related enough to have had such a comparison and it does generate some critical discussion and thinking, but right now its getting a bit much.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2013, 08:52:32 PM »

I was avoiding this thread because I have no frame of reference in regard to resonance of fate.

But I can see now things have become interesting here. Not to join in on further de-railing of the topic (or keeping it alive past its purpose for that matter) but I can't bite my tongue now..

This  board is one of the few communities with a fair and equal contribution of intelligent discussion from a great variety of perspectives. In short, that equals an awesome board with just the right type of "life" to it. Or so that is why I choose to come here at least. No one really wastes space with meaninglessness unless its actually interesting or entertaining. And we have enough intelligent folk with different gaming backgrounds and tastes to keep it "alive" if you will.

I don't want 101 reddit-jokers clogging crap up with an abundance of non-sense that is both uninspiring and uninteresting. Nuf' said.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
freakyfreak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2013, 10:34:28 PM »

The game is actually fun to play once you learn how the combat works.  I personally don't like the way they did the combat
health meter. It feels flawed-if you don't attack the enemies in the right way you can't get the health jewel they release.  This game could have been a lot better if they had a better way to manage health!!!! (Its still fun once. You get into it)
Wendriel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2013, 11:45:22 AM »

Actually, presumably that you're referring to the Bezel Gauge (the red things at the bottom of the screen that power your super attacks and shatter when you get too high on scratch damage) there are a couple of ways to help out with regenerating it. Charge up your handgun attacks high enough (or use Smash Grenades) and you might "Break" an enemy's gauge into sections, which will give you a Bezel back every time you get to one of the break points on the meter, not just when you empty it entirely. I actually really enjoyed the resource management game, calculating hero actions vs. anticipated Bezel return on successful attacks. Also, two characters with machine guns (only possible later in the game) and one handgunner or grenadier mopping up afterward is quite effective (particularly if one of the MG'ers is Vashyron, who gets Full Scratch earlier than the others).

Resonance of Fate is one of my favorite RPG's of the current generation. I love the steampunk-y aesthetic, the combat system, and (of all things) the ability to change character wardrobes. I can see why people wouldn't like it (I hated it for the first five hours or so, until things started to click) and it's not perfect by any stretch, but it's a solid, unique game and I think it deserves a shot if anything about it sounds appealing.
freakyfreak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2013, 09:51:34 AM »

Couldn't agree more! I really enjoy the game also,  I just don't like the jewel health!
LINK398

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2013, 01:25:33 PM »

I was looking for information and there is a lot of it in here on the battle system which is great. I'm sorry I don't/can't view topics I create constantly, as I stated I was looking for people' perspectives on the game and I read the comments. I've never played the game so I have nothing to say and I feel the posts that did talk about the game were informative enough to not warrant further questions. I unfortunately needed to get rid of Xenoblade (before even playing it) so I have some cash to pick up a few games this being one of them
LINK398

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2013, 01:29:32 PM »

I also think that people seem to right away assume others don't read similar topics, use the search function, check other sites etc... before posting their topics. Hey, some people just want a specific answer to their question or maybe feel as if what they read wasn't sufficient to their likings. It is a message board after all and if their isn't 100's of topics cluttering up the forum so what tough
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2013, 02:50:26 PM »

^Your question has been answered, no need to keep bumping this thread any further.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: