Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 03:15:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334802 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Idolmaster games getting localized - iOS only
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Idolmaster games getting localized - iOS only  (Read 1733 times)
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 23, 2013, 12:35:46 AM »

More confusing than Atelier Totori Plus.
$54.99 each

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 12:45:47 AM »

Wait, what?

They're charging $60 for iOS games now?

The complete The Idolm@ster Shiny Festa series will cost $164.97 and it appears the games will have additional DLC.

I...wow.  I'd ask "Who is going to buy this?" but I know there are some people who will.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 01:07:24 AM »

Going by screenshots it's not even that well translated. What a joke.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 01:10:20 AM »

I'll pass, thanks.  Square Enix is crazy with their prices, but I'm still sometimes willing to pay them for awesome games.  But $55?  No way.  They'd seriously have to be selling a flawless port of a brand new game like Bioshock Infinite or something.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2013, 01:10:36 AM »

Well its probably a better use of money than anything Squeenix or Capcom have put out on iOS.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2013, 01:12:50 AM »

I think the title of this thread is a bit misleading...OK, yes, they're Idolmaster games, but they're not the Idolmaster games.  It's a rhythm game spin-off, not the management simulation that's the core of the series.

Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2013, 04:49:57 AM »

I think the title of this thread is a bit misleading...OK, yes, they're Idolmaster games, but they're not the Idolmaster games.  It's a rhythm game spin-off, not the management simulation that's the core of the series.

A potentially $165 dollar rhythm game spinoff....

Seriously, go fuck yourselves Namdai! :fuckoff:

FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2013, 06:52:21 AM »

This is incredibly surprising in many ways. Namco Bandai have pretty much laughed in the face of any fans requesting iDOLM@STER localisations, so this is a very surprising turn of events.

I ever thought anything like this would occur, simply because iM@S is so much more than a game series: it has over 100 music albums, a manga series, an anime series, ridiculous amounts of merchandise, radio shows, etc. I always thought Namdai would do it as an all-or-nothing kind of mentality (which means nothing), not some terrible spin-off.

Also, the price.... I mean, sure, some people will buy it (hopefully not many if it's really that much). But... they're insane.

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2013, 08:25:56 AM »

Good lord.

Tooker
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2013, 10:14:13 AM »

Well its probably a better use of money than anything Squeenix or Capcom have put out on iOS.

No, it's actually not.  For the same price, you could afford to buy all three of the Chaos Rings games when they're not on sale and have almost enough left over to buy Final Fantasy Tactics when it's not on sale.  Three originals that are pretty great plus a port that's pretty great, all of which add up to a metric crapton of hours of gameplay.

Versus one apparently mediocre rhythm game.

—Kurt Vonnegut
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2013, 10:18:37 AM »

Has it been marked up from it's Japanese release?

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2013, 01:51:01 PM »

Has it been marked up from it's Japanese release?

The Japanese release was on PSP.  As far as I know this iOS version is new.

But the price is about the same as the PSP games in Japan.

Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2013, 03:25:20 PM »

No, it's actually not.  For the same price, you could afford to buy all three of the Chaos Rings games when they're not on sale and have almost enough left over to buy Final Fantasy Tactics when it's not on sale.  Three originals that are pretty great plus a port that's pretty great, all of which add up to a metric crapton of hours of gameplay.

Versus one apparently mediocre rhythm game.

To be fair though, when I made that post I was still under the impression that the game wasn't just some ridiculously overpriced mediocre rhythm game, and I was speaking from the PoV of somebody who already owns one of the other versions of FFT as well as FFs I, II, III, & V. Also, the Chaos Rings "games" never sounded like they were anything more than sheer mediocrity that wasn't worth my time or money (its just that this Idolmaster "game" is in the same boat except that its more expensive by several factors).

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2013, 05:02:43 PM »

I ever thought anything like this would occur, simply because iM@S is so much more than a game series: it has over 100 music albums, a manga series, an anime series, ridiculous amounts of merchandise, radio shows, etc. I always thought Namdai would do it as an all-or-nothing kind of mentality (which means nothing), not some terrible spin-off.

I wonder how much it cost in royalties to release it in America?  If they knew it was such a niche market sale that they had to jack the price up that high to make any money on it, that's an awful risky strategy.  If that is the case, then I could at least justify the price.  God knows I'd probably pay an absurd amount for a localized TitS2 if I had to (YOU HEAR ME XSEED????)

Or maybe they're just trying to rip people off.  Who knows?

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2013, 05:10:37 PM »

the Chaos Rings "games" never sounded like they were anything more than sheer mediocrity that wasn't worth my time or money

They're really quite good.  To toot RPGFan's own horn, we have reviews of the three different games from four people, and the worst score came from Bryan's review of Chaos Rings Omega, which he gave an 86.  I'll admit that the occasional puzzle bits in the first one are out of place and kind of crappy, but everything else about them is great.

—Kurt Vonnegut
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: