Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 01, 2014, 04:00:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330050 Posts in 13525 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Idolmaster games getting localized - iOS only
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Idolmaster games getting localized - iOS only  (Read 1565 times)
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2013, 05:53:29 PM »

I ever thought anything like this would occur, simply because iM@S is so much more than a game series: it has over 100 music albums, a manga series, an anime series, ridiculous amounts of merchandise, radio shows, etc. I always thought Namdai would do it as an all-or-nothing kind of mentality (which means nothing), not some terrible spin-off.

I wonder how much it cost in royalties to release it in America?  If they knew it was such a niche market sale that they had to jack the price up that high to make any money on it, that's an awful risky strategy.  If that is the case, then I could at least justify the price.  God knows I'd probably pay an absurd amount for a localized TitS2 if I had to (YOU HEAR ME XSEED????)

Or maybe they're just trying to rip people off.  Who knows?

I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt, but here's an example:

For Idolm@ster 2 on PS3 (in Japan), they release new songs (yes, just a single song) at approximately $20 USD (2,000 yen).

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2013, 07:51:49 PM »

I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt, but here's an example:

For Idolm@ster 2 on PS3 (in Japan), they release new songs (yes, just a single song) at approximately $20 USD (2,000 yen).

That's not true!  New songs were 'only' 1800 yen!

Also a new song in Idolmaster is a little more difficult than your average rhythm game or something since there are a bunch of different characters who have to be recorded doing every possible part of the song.  Which is not to say it justifies the prices...it doesn't.  Idolmaster DLC is ridiculous.  I should know since I have the game...but on the other hand it's totally playable without any DLC.  None of it really feels necessary.  It's there for the crazy hardcore fans who can never get enough...

I think the only DLC I actually bought was the first Hatsune Miku one...because it's Hatsune Miku.  Sorry, I can't help it.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2013, 08:20:14 PM »

I want IdolM@ster -- Fully Localized Ed. (songs too).

That would be...hilarious to propose.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: