Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 22, 2014, 07:55:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341240 Posts in 13945 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Diablo 3?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] Print
Author Topic: Diablo 3?  (Read 73464 times)
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #465 on: December 01, 2014, 09:15:34 PM »

The game is pretty easy and multiplayer is hop in hop out.

Agent D and I started new characters on Expert difficulty and we didn't have any trouble after playing for a few hours. He said it gets harder though later.

I'm pretty sure you can change the difficulty on the fly
Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #466 on: December 01, 2014, 10:55:17 PM »

The game is pretty easy and multiplayer is hop in hop out.

Agent D and I started new characters on Expert difficulty and we didn't have any trouble after playing for a few hours. He said it gets harder though later.

I'm pretty sure you can change the difficulty on the fly
Difficulties are more based on your gear than a linear progression. If you're finding things too hard, you can bump it down. If they're too easy, bump it up. The higher difficulties offer more XP, gold, and better loot, so you always want to play on the highest you can manage. I'd say at least start on hard, because it isn't really very :)

I'd recommend beating the story mode once, and then switching to adventure mode (unlocked at completion), which is where the real awesomeness is at, post-storyline.

Thanks for the advice guys.

I love getting to switch difficulty as it suits me and not being "locked" to one selection at the start of a title.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #467 on: December 01, 2014, 11:30:17 PM »

klyde, let's fuckin' play and chat.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #468 on: December 01, 2014, 11:57:44 PM »

Tomorrow is ugly but wednesday I'll be around if you guys wanna run through some stuff.

TASTY!
Klyde Chroma

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #469 on: December 02, 2014, 07:05:10 PM »

klyde, let's fuckin' play and chat.

Alrightee I threw in the towel and decided to fire this up before finishing lost odyssey. Just got my feet wet with a Wizard on hard. I will be playing tonight after work as much as possible so I can join you and D.

Remember, I have never done multiplayer/chat before, and this my first Diablo experience since 2! LoL

In other words, I will probably be a pain in the ass til I get the hang of things.

Eastern US time zone, I almost always am on at 3-4am (thats typically when I get done with work) but can easily play around with my afternoon/pm routine to accomodate playtime as well. Let me know when you fine folk typically play.

Triscal-Goddess / PSN

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #470 on: December 02, 2014, 08:39:30 PM »

I'm no good for early AM sessions anymore as I'm changing my schedule around for early starts now, but afternoons when I don't work and evenings when I do I'm almost always free for some level of entertainment. If you wanna try to get me online, just shoot me a psn message even if I'm not online. The app notifies me and lets me reply so I can always get back to you asap.

TASTY!
Klyde Chroma

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #471 on: December 03, 2014, 07:07:04 PM »

Played some multiplayer with some random guy who really knew his way around. I get the impression your experience can vary drastically with a title depending on who you play with. He certainly revealed to me that I play SLOW.

I imagine I am probably a pain in the ass as I found myself really more or less following the other dude to the fight without so much as a moment to even switch my skills.

Me thinks, being paired with more patient gamers will prove more suitable than this first experience with multi.

Triscal-Goddess / PSN

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #472 on: December 03, 2014, 07:21:00 PM »

Played some multiplayer with some random guy who really knew his way around. I get the impression your experience can vary drastically with a title depending on who you play with. He certainly revealed to me that I play SLOW.

I imagine I am probably a pain in the ass as I found myself really more or less following the other dude to the fight without so much as a moment to even switch my skills.

Me thinks, being paired with more patient gamers will prove more suitable than this first experience with multi.
Bear in mind a lot of people are working on several new characters, just rushing through the game. I agree that patience from their end is appreciated, but I learned a LONG time ago that if they're helping you along, bite the bullet and try to keep pace with them. If you wanna mess with your gear and stuff, I recommend jumping out of multiplayer modes and going solo to check out new stuff that appears, or at the very least wait til you have buddies running with you instead. I used to make people wait in stuff like PSO and PSU, and that usually meant I either got left behind while people squashed enemy groups and bosses, or worse they'd leave the group and go play with other people. I resolved to simply eat a dps loss or armor loss, or sometimes just wait on skill adjustments in certain games, until we finished a dungeon or boss fight. Made a lot of friends that way, as they appreciated me not slowing them down even when I was a newbie, and of course I loved being carried through cheap content.

Tl;dr Don't use the midst of battle to play with gear or skills unless it's singleplayer. You're vulnerable and worse, missing out on valuable experience.

TASTY!
Klyde Chroma

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #473 on: December 04, 2014, 09:48:57 PM »

Thanks for the sound advice D!

Think I got the hang of not being a totally weak link by the end of my session. And your right, I nabbed a legendary item, 15 levels and a new PSN buddy to boot. I will however say, I can see myself playing a great deal of my first run-through single player to soak in the narrative a bit.

Its funny because I was "that guy" in dragons crown. It was the only thing I played multiplayer and to level I would blitz stages to go on boss killing sprees only to get bitched at by other players for moving too quick.

If I can't pull off social success in real life I will at least pull it off in digital fantasy land, dammit! LoL

Triscal-Goddess / PSN

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: