Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 03, 2015, 07:05:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Check out the latest RPG news!
363609 Posts in 14732 Topics by 2302 Members
Latest Member: Eppie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Diablo 3?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] Print
Author Topic: Diablo 3?  (Read 94103 times)
Andrew
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #495 on: August 21, 2015, 04:47:43 AM »

I assume there's some way you can respec later?

Monsoon
Electric Mayhem
Contributing Editor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #496 on: August 21, 2015, 08:15:02 AM »

I assume there's some way you can respec later?
There's no need to respec.  You learn every skill in the game via leveling up, and you can equip them or unequip them at will.  Each skill also has five variations (which you also learn via leveling) called "runes."  Each class also learns about 20 passive skills called "talents" via leveling.  Once you level up to 70, any experience you earn goes to your "paragon level" which is an unlimited number that gives you an elective bonus for each level.  The highest paragon level in the game (so far) is somewhere between 2000 and 2500, IIRC. 

Endgame in Diablo III (once you have every skill, rune, and talent at your disposal) is about choosing which six skills, which corresponding runes, and which four talents to equip, obtaining the best equipment possible to best suit your chosen skills and talents, and increasing that Paragon Level.  If you want, you can totally change up your combination of skills, runes, and talents at any time, either to suit your best equipment or your own tastes and preferences. 

Tooker
Administrator

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #497 on: August 21, 2015, 10:10:24 AM »

I definitely agree with Rob, it's a great couch co-op game. I played it with my wife for quite a while, too.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
Administrator

Fear the old blood.

View Profile
« Reply #498 on: August 21, 2015, 12:10:12 PM »

Mike nailed it with his explanation.  D3 is as casual or as hardcore as you want with no need to respec your character. 

And yes, jars of spiders and flamethrowers made of bats are usually the best way to handle most problems.  Don't listen to people like Stephen who argue about fucking wizard shit. 
Tooker
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #499 on: August 21, 2015, 12:49:24 PM »

Pools of piranhas with giant crocodiles jumping out of them are pretty great, too. :)

—Kurt Vonnegut
Monsoon
Electric Mayhem
Contributing Editor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #500 on: August 21, 2015, 01:56:59 PM »

I like summoning a giant bronze ghost bell and for a magical echo :)

kofvscapcom
Rereveagence

kofvscapcom
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #501 on: August 21, 2015, 02:59:08 PM »

used to be all about the stampede of zombie bears, but it seems that's not super effective anymore

Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.
Andrew
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #502 on: August 21, 2015, 04:54:02 PM »

Thanks for the run-down, Mike!

Andrew
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #503 on: August 29, 2015, 09:17:50 AM »

Just to report back, in case anyone is interested. :)

Bought the game today and played it with my gf tonight. We both enjoyed it! She isn't into stat/gear very much, which I anticipated, but still had a good time. Looks like this'll be a regular one for us. Thanks all!

Tooker
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #504 on: August 29, 2015, 02:40:42 PM »

Rock on.  I have to say that I was SHOCKED to see the 2.3 patch hit consoles at all, let alone the same day as PC.  Pleased, but shocked. :)  I'm very happy to have the cube available.  I'm less thrilled about having to complete 25 bounties in order to collect the materials to use it a max of six times (if you make sure to complete the bounties for each act while it's the bonus act), but I imagine I won't care that much once I've got the stuff that's been sitting in my stash just because of a cool power into the cube.

Actually, I'm less than 100 bounties away from getting that final trophy for Platinum.  I probably won't feel as pressured to play after that, which will be nice.

—Kurt Vonnegut
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: