Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 25, 2016, 06:05:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Check out the latest RPG news!
244247 Posts in 7310 Topics by 2386 Members
Latest Member: Richard111
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  MMO's with heavy crafting + unique classes.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: MMO's with heavy crafting + unique classes.  (Read 559 times)
missRPGirl
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 13, 2016, 10:35:06 AM »

I'm getting back into MMO's recently and I was wondering if anyone could recommend MMO with heavy crafting or a unique class. I'll list a few MMO's that I've liked over the years that either had unique classes and/or crafting.
  • Emil Chronicle Online - Two reasons why I used to play this game. For starters they had unique classes. Aside from the typical melee, range or magic class. They also have a merchant class and gatherer classes. Gatherers had three jobs, farmer, miner and ranger and as you can tell you can craft with those three gatherer classes.
  • Uncharted Waters Online - I don't know how I found out about this game but I loved it due to the fact that I could be a trader, craft a lot of items and sail the world. As far as classes go theres only three: Maritime, Trader, Adventurer. I picked trader for the crafting and trading.
  • Wakfu - Really got into this when they made it f2p and brought it over to steam. For sure the classes are unique. Currently I am a masquerader in that game but I've tried other classes as well. I guess what caught my attention about this game was the battle system. There is crafting in this game but its time consuming. I'd rather just sell drops I get.

I guess I really enjoy crafting and trading. Especially crafting, there's something enjoyable about gathering mats and making something. Things that I hate about MMO's are boring fetch quest (I think we all hate those) and typical classes such as mage, archer, fighter, etc. Its not that I hate those classes but I get bored with them pretty quickly and those classes are practically in every MMO. I hope all of this made sense.

Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 10:43:46 AM »

FFXIV
Klutz64
I Like Wacky Hats

Tactically Engaged in Espionage Action

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2016, 11:15:29 AM »

I never got far enough in to explore the crafting system, but The Secret World has some pretty unique classes that deviate from the typical trinity.

My Blog - It's about gaming stuff. You can read it if you want. No pressure. I mean, there's a link there you just have to click on, but... y'know... whatever.
Current Post: Grand Re-re-r-e-re-opening!
missRPGirl
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2016, 11:34:24 AM »

FFXIV
Tried the demo a while back. Maybe I didn't play enough of it but I was already bored of the game, but maybe I just didn't play enough. Also not that I mind P2P, because I did pay for Wakfu when it first came out (now its f2p) but I get in and out of games too much to pay for a subscription.

ScottC
RPGFan Editor

Manderville Man

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2016, 02:03:33 PM »

FF14 had one of the most in depth crafting systems seen in an MMO in a long time.  It requires some in depth knowledge of your skills and crafting rotations in order to make HQ items, along with multiple cross class skills from other crafting classes in order to do it.  Plus you get to play 14 which in and by itself is worth it for the story alone.
Pennywhether

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2016, 02:46:16 PM »

FFXIV has probably the best crafting system of any existing MMORPG at the moment. It actually takes effort to make stuff compared to a lot of games where players pretty much get materials, then tab out while the game auto crafts everything. About the only other MMO I've come across with an even remotely interesting crafting system is Everquest 2. It's a very reactive process and keeps the player involved.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: