Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 18, 2014, 09:45:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331572 Posts in 13575 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Destiny
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Destiny  (Read 3189 times)
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2014, 01:08:21 PM »

we need to get Akanbe- up in this mutha
kofvscapcom
Rereveagence

kofvscapcom
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2014, 01:22:13 PM »

who else sent me a request? whomever it is platinumed 22 games. DAMN. Looking at like that is like how I'd feel walking into an NFL lockerroom naked

What time zone are you in, Took?

yeah it was me, I'm in eastrern timezone. On a side note, the later strike missions you don't get to automatically revive over time, someone has to come and get you up.

Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2014, 01:49:46 PM »

I'm in Mountain.  And it definitely wasn't me with 22 plats.  I think I have one. :D

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2014, 02:44:53 PM »

Add me if you want a ridiculous punchdrunk titan buddy. AgentDv1 as usual. I'll be honest though, I've had very little free time to play during the week so don't expect me online monday-thursday. I'll be grinding like whoa in about an hour though since I'm getting off work in a few minutos.

TASTY!
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2014, 09:27:27 PM »

Okay, I rented the PS3 version from a Redbox and played the Tutorial mission and the first actual mission. I'm enjoying it. Not blown away, but it makes a good first impression. And I don't completely suck at it! That's a plus. I mean I died a lot on the Boss, but that's because I kept running out of ammo. I chose the pulse rifle because I suck at aming, but I guess it's pretty weak because It basically took all my ammo to take down the boss...also, I didn't get to punch him in the face. That was pretty disappointing.

I'll probably play some more in the morning before I return it, but I'm definitely looking forward to playing it in a month or two when I can hopefully buy it (preferably at a lower price point).

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2014, 11:25:02 PM »

I seriously hope Bungie has a plan..the foundation for something great is there but its pretty stale overall. I'm gonna give them a chance to expand this. They HAVE to.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2014, 11:33:04 PM »

^ Seems to be a common opinion. Best part is, I cancelled my reservation with the explanation "The demo left me feeling like it'll be a game to enjoy for maybe a week or two before realizing the whole experience is a bit stale." People argued with me, and it seems I wasn't far off.

I'm far too humble to go around telling people "I told you so!" But I am kind of feeling smug that my intuition saved me a chunk of change.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
kofvscapcom
Rereveagence

kofvscapcom
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2014, 08:13:03 AM »

Might not recommend this game if you don't have any friends who have it also, but it's a really great feeling when you have 15 friends on, and more than half of them are playing this game. Put more than 40 hours in already getting ready for the 6 man level 26 raid that comes out tomorrow. Also probably not advisable if you don't like the loot grind but it's just that kind of game. Enjoyed the pvp a lot more than I thought I would since I don't usually play fps games and there's a lot of interesting interactions with each classes supers. It's interesting how many people who usually only play COD and sports games have gotten into this one, some of my co-workers namely. Well, I'll probably slow down once I get decked out in purples but now definitely getting that season pass.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 08:39:39 AM by kofvscapcom » Logged

Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2014, 08:38:39 AM »

I fucking love the soundtrack
http://youtu.be/_Y_-SXihcsw?t=24m6s
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2014, 11:15:32 AM »

I kinda enjoyed it solo, but I say that about every mmo. Though the two times I played MMOs with someone else I'll admit I enjoyed it a lot more...that was forever ago, though...

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2014, 12:31:47 PM »

I don't know why people are bitching about story or lack of content or the like. The game has a shitton to do for q generic fps, and is pretty on par with XIV in terms of initial content, difference being that you pay monthly for XIV and destiny isn't pay to play. In strict gameplay terms it's fantastic. Handles as well as Halo ever did, smooth controls and semi-precise aiming (hard to tell when it's all online) and an easy to pick up control scheme. The scenery is beautiful and well designed, and nothing is as awesome as baseball sliding in snow and making ass prints. A lot of people complain about thd weaponry, but why are you expecting alien weapons everywhere? Most of the alien arms are funky and strange looking, didn't any of you watch district 9? It shouldn't be assumed that you can pick up some alien gun and it fires like a normal assault rifle...(ok I'll stop that now). Seriously though, it is a bit underwhelming to have such a generic assortment of weaponry, though the weapons are all seriously well designed themselves and handle beautifully. My biggest grievance is just the sheer difficulty of packs at high levels, and that's just me sucking honestly. Doing level 22 strikes devolves into hit and run tactics and serious camping syndrome. I assume as my equipment improves (most of it is still 18 or 19) I should be better adapted to actual combat, but til then, my new pue sniper rifle is gonna get plentg of work.

In reality, the hype was WAAAAYYYYYYYY to strong for this game, but it is a terrificly awesome game from a mechanical standpoint. Also, all the Peter Dinklage haters should die for their dislike, his voice fits the ghost so well it's awesome.

"Can't we just stay here with all the murderous robots?"

TASTY!
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2014, 07:09:58 PM »

I think that with some of the bitching is that when big improvements are made in the game it's going to be provided in costly update or expansion packs. If that's fair or not, that's not for me to decide since I'm new to mmo-and quasi-mmos like this.

However I do love it. Bungie knows how to make shooting fun and the enemy AI is pretty good.

And I can't say enough about the music and the art
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2014, 08:58:18 PM »

Bungie's definitely got a great sound team, that's for sure.

kofvscapcom
Rereveagence

kofvscapcom
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2014, 07:48:53 AM »

If I can do the first raid that came out today I'll probably stream it, hopefully I have 6 people at level 26 on my friends list. It seems the ps4 streaming doesn't pick up party chat, so I now have a vid of me talking to myself like a crazy person for an hour.

Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: September 16, 2014, 10:49:53 AM »

According to game informer nobody has beaten that raid yet
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: