Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2014, 12:33:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332964 Posts in 13642 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Destiny
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print
Author Topic: Destiny  (Read 4370 times)
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: September 29, 2014, 12:20:51 PM »

So apparently Lizardsquad, some group of kids with a lot of time on their hands, just ddos'd destiny and CoD ghosts' servers. It must be nice to have so much free time on your hands...

.. says the guy sitting on a level 29 character :)
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: September 29, 2014, 12:33:53 PM »

So apparently Lizardsquad, some group of kids with a lot of time on their hands, just ddos'd destiny and CoD ghosts' servers. It must be nice to have so much free time on your hands...

They are also the ones who brought down a lot of sites some weeks ago. They go for high traffic gaming related sites.

Also, I'm not sure why people belittle those who can operate botnets.
Not that these people need to be glorified, but it is still somewhat of a feat.
(unless they just rent an existing Russian botnet for some time... then yeah, no real effort needed)
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: September 29, 2014, 12:54:52 PM »

.. says the guy sitting on a level 29 character :)
To be fair, it's only due to luck. The randomness of drops has significantly slowed down most people's progress.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 08:38:33 PM by Agent D. » Logged

TASTY!
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: September 30, 2014, 08:32:08 PM »

they really need to add some more story and shit to this game OUTSIDE of payed expansions.

I've killed the same bosses so many times it's getting old. I've been stuck at the same level for over a week and a half and that's saying a lot since on my days off I play for quite a bit

kofvscapcom
Rereveagence

kofvscapcom
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: September 30, 2014, 08:58:06 PM »

they really need to add some more story and shit to this game OUTSIDE of payed expansions.

I've killed the same bosses so many times it's getting old. I've been stuck at the same level for over a week and a half and that's saying a lot since on my days off I play for quite a bit

what level are you now/ if you're 26 or above we can do the raid one of these days.

Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: September 30, 2014, 08:58:55 PM »

i'm 26
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 30, 2014, 10:48:09 PM »

Don't imagine you guys read my review (why would you, since you already have the game?), so I thought I should tell you that I gave you a shout out. :)

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: October 01, 2014, 04:14:09 AM »

I hear the game is a bit of a disaster story and content wise. To be honest, form what I've seen its pretty much borderlands with more players and less stuff to do.
Not to say its a bad game, as I can't judge until I actually play it, but I it seems people are rather disappointed.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 04:15:41 AM by Maxximum » Logged

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
kofvscapcom
Rereveagence

kofvscapcom
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: October 01, 2014, 06:54:58 AM »

I hear the game is a bit of a disaster story and content wise. To be honest, form what I've seen its pretty much borderlands with more players and less stuff to do.
Not to say its a bad game, as I can't judge until I actually play it, but I it seems people are rather disappointed.

If you've seen the Angry Joe review on youtube, I agree with most of what he says about the game despite me enjoying this game a lot. The story does feel like they made a full story and then just cut it up to feed it to the players piece by piece through updates and stuff. I actually think this game is a lot better than borderlands, there's no humor or anything but the combat and controls are much better. Also, if you don't have a lot of free time or friends who play this game, the grind for upgrade materials will probably crush your soul. I don't feel the gear grind is too bad, mainly cause they're offsetting that right now with an event that straight up gives you a legendary helm and chestpiece and the next patch ups loot drops. Ultimately,this game is very much not a casual game, the enjoyment is there but it will take quite a big time investment that a lot of people either won't be willing or be able to put in. And I thought Bungie didn't put any MMO teamwork-needing mechanics in the game because they'd never done a semi-MMO before but then I played the raid and I guess they were saving the unique boss mechanics for the raids. Which is sad because I'm pretty sure like 80 percent of people will never get to play that raid.

Also Tooker, I always enjoy the shoutouts, does my self-esteem good.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 07:00:38 AM by kofvscapcom » Logged

Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 01, 2014, 10:49:57 AM »

from what I've seen its pretty much borderlands with more players and less stuff to do.

To me, it doesn't feel much like Borderlands at all.   It lacks any of that goofiness that pervades that series.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: