Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 02, 2014, 12:40:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
328013 Posts in 13432 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 130 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn  (Read 119948 times)
Datastorm

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1455 on: October 22, 2013, 12:34:55 AM »

This made me laugh.

Musta tried tanking titan on Hard Mode as a war...before and after.

I'm guessing it was after the first time he tried the duty finder...

doh
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: October 23, 2013, 12:51:20 PM »

So, dumb question. I triggered my relic quest for the Gae Bolg and I'm at the point where I need a Champion's Lance melded with two savage aim III materia. Some people sell them exactly as that but it's not cheap. Is it hard to find someone to meld the materia (if I get it myself) for me, and can I use a lance that's already bound to me?

Also, I assume I'm going to have to hit up a level 50 carpenter for this. Do people charge for this kind of thing?

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1457 on: October 23, 2013, 02:54:38 PM »

So, dumb question. I triggered my relic quest for the Gae Bolg and I'm at the point where I need a Champion's Lance melded with two savage aim III materia. Some people sell them exactly as that but it's not cheap. Is it hard to find someone to meld the materia (if I get it myself) for me, and can I use a lance that's already bound to me?

Also, I assume I'm going to have to hit up a level 50 carpenter for this. Do people charge for this kind of thing?
If you have  the Lance and it  already has the material in it, yeah you can use it  for the relic quest just un-equipt and give it  to the quest giver. Be warned though, make sure you have a decent replacement because you won't get that lance back. If you need to have one crafted or melded Arliman can do it.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 02:57:48 PM by Chronix112 » Logged
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: October 23, 2013, 03:53:28 PM »

I have the lance equipped, I just need to buy the materia (which is still not cheap, but way cheaper than buying a lance with the materia attached to it) and get it melded - I just wanted to make sure I can still use a lance for this quest even if it's spiritbond to me. I'm okay with giving it up, I can get something decent at my grand company once I (successfully) do Aurum Vale and promote.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1459 on: October 24, 2013, 06:19:10 AM »

So I helped a buddy out by getting the pieces together for an obelisk for him, which is a 600,000 gil i70 spear. Since I obtained the parts and had a friend make if,it cost a lot less and she even HQ'd it for me (she's awesome btw). I hook my pal up with it,and sure as fucking dogshit smelling bad, we do a garuda hardmode and the first win drops the lance. Thankfully I obtained it, but the hilarity was still abundant as the cost was pretty huge and honestly, once we drop titan he's gonna have 9 ak's til a gae bolg anyway, but at least it's different. Just find it all hysterical.

TASTY!
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: October 24, 2013, 11:21:59 AM »

Oh man, I have no idea how to acquire an obelisk without paying for it.

I've also unlocked Ifrit hard mode, I really want to do that and all the fun(?) tomestone grinding.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1461 on: October 24, 2013, 11:38:07 AM »

Yeah, now that I've finished the main story the only thing keeping me from endgame is grinding LNC to 34 so I can have BfB in my repertoire.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1462 on: October 24, 2013, 12:48:48 PM »

Oh man, I have no idea how to acquire an obelisk without paying for it.

I've also unlocked Ifrit hard mode, I really want to do that and all the fun(?) tomestone grinding.
Obelisk is a blacksmith item, needs a bunch of items including a darksteel ingot which requires 9 cokes. You get those off of the tomestone traders for 125 philosophy tomestones each.

TASTY!
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: October 24, 2013, 04:15:45 PM »

As a blacksmith, it's weird to think I can make a spear that high since at level 32 I haven't made any at all, but good to know. :D TIME TO GRIND FOR TOMESTONES.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 04:36:23 PM by kyuusei » Logged

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: October 24, 2013, 05:10:32 PM »

As a blacksmith, it's weird to think I can make a spear that high since at level 32 I haven't made any at all, but good to know. :D TIME TO GRIND FOR TOMESTONES.

Obelisk isn't worth it. None of the crafted weapons are worth it unfortunately. Ifrit and Garuda are incredibly easy to farm for weapons. Save your tomes for your Relic and Darklight as a DRG. If you need Primals slain for your relic quest just let me know. We 5 manned Titan HM last week for 3 people.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1465 on: October 24, 2013, 05:27:27 PM »

Obelisk isn't worth it. None of the crafted weapons are worth it unfortunately. Ifrit and Garuda are incredibly easy to farm for weapons. Save your tomes for your Relic and Darklight as a DRG. If you need Primals slain for your relic quest just let me know. We 5 manned Titan HM last week for 3 people.
You're a veteran 1.0 player with every class at 50, and probably equivalent friends that did it. Duty finder is full of people who suck.

Your triumph is noteworthy, but lacking because you have yet to beat a df titan. It is impossible.

On a less sarcastic and joke-worthy note, yeah 5 manned titan is pretty good, but to be honest as long as your dps can break gaols before shit hits the fan post heart, you can rape titan with ease,he's fairly easy. Which, in turn, makes me rage at HOW FUCKING AWFUL PEOPLE ARE when it comes to dodging his attacks. Seriously....

TASTY!
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: October 24, 2013, 07:01:03 PM »

I'd love to do Ifrit HM, maybe some of my FC wants/needs it too. :) I need to do other stuff in terms of my relic quest too - EDIT: I have to fight the chimera in Coerthas and it's an 8 person battle.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 10:57:47 PM by kyuusei » Logged

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1467 on: October 24, 2013, 07:18:26 PM »

Farmed up  18 crafting mats for A  Astral ring *Barf*
also
Random pic get!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 11:44:59 PM by Chronix112 » Logged
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: October 25, 2013, 12:57:07 AM »

You're a veteran 1.0 player with every class at 50, and probably equivalent friends that did it. Duty finder is full of people who suck.

Your triumph is noteworthy, but lacking because you have yet to beat a df titan. It is impossible.

On a less sarcastic and joke-worthy note, yeah 5 manned titan is pretty good, but to be honest as long as your dps can break gaols before shit hits the fan post heart, you can rape titan with ease,he's fairly easy. Which, in turn, makes me rage at HOW FUCKING AWFUL PEOPLE ARE when it comes to dodging his attacks. Seriously....

Actually there's only 4 Legacy players in Solaris who started at 50 including myself. It has more to do with communication and practice than anything. Of my completed Relics I did 2 of them in server PUGs, so it's not impossible. I usually find DF to be filled with first timers, server shouts less so. If your trying to finish any stage of the relic including Primals I would recommend a shout group. The major problem with Titan is the lag most people get in the fight, so I wouldn't chalk it up to people being terrible more so than SE having shitty networking. We still get lag spikes that rape our best players. Again, it really helps to have friends or FC/LS mates you can learn the content with. While ARR definitely gives you the option to play a free agent, you're going to run into frustration with a lot of endgame.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: October 25, 2013, 01:02:20 AM »

I'd love to do Ifrit HM, maybe some of my FC wants/needs it too. :) I need to do other stuff in terms of my relic quest too - EDIT: I have to fight the chimera in Coerthas and it's an 8 person battle.

I talked to Mike and were going to try to finish Main Story for him and Stephen on Sunday and anyone else who needs Praetorium. We did Chimera/AK/Hydra yesterday for another Relic pass but I don't mind doing another. Have you finished AV yet? I understand you need that now for the GC rank up to even get AK now. Depending on when we start and how much time people have to play we could finish your entire Relic cycle in about 3 hours if there's enough manpower available.
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 130 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: