Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2014, 10:24:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334494 Posts in 13702 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 133 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn  (Read 143690 times)
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1725 on: January 08, 2014, 11:09:05 PM »

Turn everyone else's effects off, max out camera distance, and whenever possible keep your camera pointed away from everyone else doing stuf during fates or idling in a town. I've been playing since phase 3 beta on ps3 and my only complaint comes in the form of fate grinding with large amounts of enemies and players in that I can't target shit well. Otherwise the games totally playable on ps3.

TASTY!
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1726 on: January 11, 2014, 02:43:04 PM »

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1727 on: January 11, 2014, 03:44:23 PM »

You shouldn't be proud of that...

TASTY!
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1728 on: January 11, 2014, 08:18:08 PM »

hey it still took a while and i had to put some amount of effort into it
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: January 11, 2014, 09:21:58 PM »

Is that the one you get for doing all the fishing achievements ever?

Got leatherworker to 50 finally. Haven't done my class quest yet, but I can't wait til I get all my lvl50 gear. :D

Ultima HM is... fun?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 11:38:57 AM by kyuusei » Logged

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1730 on: January 12, 2014, 02:23:46 PM »

Indeed it is, all the achievement tools are called "____ of the Luminary". The fishing one is definitely the easiest to get now because they lowered the requirements in the last patch. They're honestly not worth going out of your way to get since they don't offer any stat boosts over the level 50 quest one anyway (unless you count the durability loss -10, but they also have more generic models), I just happened to get this one because fishing's part of my moneymaking scheme. Still ages away from affording a house though.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: January 12, 2014, 02:52:52 PM »

Yeah, I looked up the blacksmith one a while ago and the requirements were insane at the time but I'm not sure if they lowered those too. I agree it's not worth specifically aiming for though.

I'm not sure what housing is like on your server, but Hyperion finally got a house a week ago. The pricing started at 20 million and is now down to 12M, which is kind of impressive. We're still pretty far off from affording one in any case.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1732 on: January 12, 2014, 03:33:15 PM »

There's actually at least one large house over here on Coeurl (in Limsa, lots of furniture in it too, they made it open for people to go check it out), and a couple small ones, and last time I checked was like a week ago. I think my Free company could probably afford a small house at this point but there's no way we're dropping all our gil on something that's the same size as an inn room. At the very least we want a medium.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 03:38:29 PM by Hathen » Logged
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1733 on: January 12, 2014, 04:38:42 PM »

I'd just be happy if we could stop fucking up on ultima mk2 already. This is getting stupid considering we can floor garuda ex and turn 4.

TASTY!
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: January 12, 2014, 06:17:01 PM »

There's actually at least one large house over here on Coeurl (in Limsa, lots of furniture in it too, they made it open for people to go check it out), and a couple small ones, and last time I checked was like a week ago. I think my Free company could probably afford a small house at this point but there's no way we're dropping all our gil on something that's the same size as an inn room. At the very least we want a medium.

Yeah, the one house on Hyperion is still open to the public too. For us, since our FC is small, a small house is probably good enough.

I'd just be happy if we could stop fucking up on ultima mk2 already. This is getting stupid considering we can floor garuda ex and turn 4.

Where do you go wrong with Ultima? In my experiences we get all the way to the end and die when he casts Ultima. It took me a few tries to get used to the dodging, and apparently the plan was to use the tank LB3 during the final phase. Only we couldn't because we used the healer one already with half our party being dead.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1735 on: January 12, 2014, 06:33:33 PM »

Our FC's pretty small too (about 8 or 9 people atm), but I'd rather save for a really long time and buy a medium/large then just splurge it on the small house. It just seems like such a waste to spend that much gil when it's barely larger than an inn room. That's just my take on it though.

As for Ultima, some people in our FC have beaten it and others haven't. We generally don't have problems with the Ultima spell (he's a DPS check for that, he does it like 10 minutes into the fight counting from when you pull him). We don't really die to any one specific reason, it's always just one guy screwing up one run and then the next run someone else screws up. If there's one thing I hate about the fight it's how during the second set of bits the ships obscure the screen with the explosion so much that you can barely see the lasers. I can't imagine how crappy it must be for colorblind players.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1736 on: January 12, 2014, 08:23:58 PM »

It's like Hathen said. We generally just get stupid at some point and then flop. We had it at 1% last night and he hadn't even started casting ultima, but somehow everyone just started fucking dying left and right, then our blm went for one last ditch manaward but hit the wrong move I think he said and we failed. Story of our lives :(

TASTY!
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: January 12, 2014, 08:42:28 PM »

Sounds like our attempts. In one run I died/DCed, another one of the tanks goofed somehow, another we got a shitty scholar via party finder, blah blah blah. Kept getting close and Ultima would wipe us because half our DPS was dead in the final phase. The fuckups added up and had us using the healer LB instead of holding out for the tank (or single-target DPS, if he was low enough) one. :( Just gotta keep trying.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1738 on: January 13, 2014, 03:12:38 AM »

Free play weekend was a good move on their part. Probably resubbing because of it.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1739 on: January 13, 2014, 12:54:43 PM »

Oh my God, FFXIV team please go back and remove these.... things from the side of this chestpiece. The actual piece itself is really lovely, but those horrid attachments are just... awful. I kind of want to petition SE to redesign this thing they're so offensively out of place.
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 133 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: