Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 21, 2014, 06:05:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329357 Posts in 13491 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 130 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn  (Read 128397 times)
ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1830 on: February 22, 2014, 05:47:52 AM »

So the open beta just went live on PS4, I figured what the heck, I'll give this a go considering how much the guys gushed about this game on the Random Encounter pod cast.

Oh geez, I guess I need to buy this game. In a bad way. So far about 3/4 of the way through level 4, and I haven't had this much fun in the early stages of an MMO since vanilla WoW days hanging out in Goldshire, slaying some wolves and the like.

Overall, the controller set up works pretty well, I figure I'd need a keyboard of some sort to type...Was very skeptical of playing an MMO with a controller, but it now kind of makes sense.

I figure if I only play this game for the overall story, I'd get my money's worth. It seems to channel FFXII in some ways, and I like what I see. April cannot come fast enough. Now I wish I'd ponied up the $10 for during the PSN sale for FFXIV for the free upgrade. Ugh, now I need to shell out $40+. Anyways, I think it'll be worth it!
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #1831 on: February 22, 2014, 04:31:11 PM »

I'm a big fan myself. What I've played of the PS4 beta tells me that it's going to be a great option for a lot of people.

Remote play is fun (though UI scaling and the ability to save a few different UI configurations would make it REALLY viable), and it runs nice and smoothly.

Haven't tried out mouse/kb mode on PS4 yet though.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1832 on: February 22, 2014, 09:53:22 PM »

How's it looking on PS4? I'm gonna renew once I get my Radeon RX60 card. Sick of the frame rate drop in towns with my shitty current card.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: February 23, 2014, 02:12:24 PM »

So, I forgot to post this here, but it's on Steam and half price til like Tuesday. :) Bought it since I'm getting a computer soon. Yay!

When I get a PS4, I'm definitely transferring my PS3 version over to that anyway, since it's free and I totally want to craft (or gather) on my Vita, haha.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1834 on: February 24, 2014, 02:06:40 PM »

How's it looking on PS4? I'm gonna renew once I get my Radeon RX60 card. Sick of the frame rate drop in towns with my shitty current card.

Looks pretty good. The text is a little small for my liking, so if they manage to fix that up in the final release, everything would be great!

I'm a big fan myself. What I've played of the PS4 beta tells me that it's going to be a great option for a lot of people.

Remote play is fun (though UI scaling and the ability to save a few different UI configurations would make it REALLY viable), and it runs nice and smoothly.

Haven't tried out mouse/kb mode on PS4 yet though.

Haven't tried remote play, but I tried it with kb/mouse and it plays exactly like you would expect on a PC. That being said, (and considering myself something of an MMO veteran I guess) it took about an hour or so to adjust to the controller, and even less time to adjust to controller+keyboard. That's a winning combination right there.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: February 28, 2014, 03:40:29 AM »

They really need to fix the NPC dialogue font on the PS4, it's totally unreadable on anything smaller than a 50". The presets for UI is pretty awful and requires a lot of work for a new player to reorganize in any decent fashion. Overall, the game looks good though I was somewhat disappointed in the frame rate, especially since there's minimal AA and nearly zero ambient occlusion in the PS4 version. Hopefully they'll shore up some of these optimizations and QoL issues before retail.

Not a lot going on in-game ATM. Outside of the Monday rush for EX Primals and Coils, there's little and less to do. We did get to Phase 4 on Twintania though. It doesn't help that the Primal Data Center has been burning since patch day. Constant freezes and 90K disconnects have really made it even worse. 2.2 can't get here soon enough. Thank god there's so many good games out right now.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1836 on: February 28, 2014, 04:14:10 AM »

Twintania is annoying because, like titan, when 1 person makes a mistake, it generally destroys the run. I know the idea is not to screw up, but it really kills me to know that my group isn't making progress because 1 or 2 people are still not able to beat out laggy situations and get delayed when running a conflagaration in or a fireball, just like dodging weights in Titan. And I know it's not them sucking, that's the worst part.

TASTY!
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: February 28, 2014, 05:23:31 PM »

Didn't they fix the primal data center problems in the maintenance like two days ago? At least that's what I was hoping they were doing. :P

Working on coil, but my FC hasn't seen Twintania yet. Most of us are newish to the instance anyway, so it's still something to look forward to (and the drops). EX Primal progress is slow for me, Garuda still kinda sucks for melee and no one wants to use the 'Japanese method' apparently.

WAR relic is a work in progress. Got all the tank stuff from CT though.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1838 on: March 02, 2014, 03:09:23 PM »

i feel like this game is in dire need of an expansion. theres reports it wont come till 2015 but i feel it needs to come around the 1 year mark

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1839 on: March 02, 2014, 05:04:52 PM »

i feel like this game is in dire need of an expansion. theres reports it wont come till 2015 but i feel it needs to come around the 1 year mark
Yeah, you won't see an expansion til AT LEAST after 2.5 from what I read on lodestone. Considering the major patches are about 4 months apart, I'd be surprised to see anything before next spring.

TASTY!
Daedalus

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1840 on: March 03, 2014, 10:01:21 AM »

I've never played an mmo but the beta was a lot of fun.  Planning on getting it for the ps4 day one.  Like others have said, the npc text size is absurd. 

"This is your fault. I'm going to kill you. And all the cake is gone. You don't even care, do you?"
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: March 04, 2014, 10:06:21 AM »

That Titan Extreme is quite something. Don't ever do it if you have lag.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1842 on: March 11, 2014, 11:42:27 PM »

I havent played In over a month but gonna sub again soon. Anything new besides Leviathan and hard modes coming in the patch?

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: March 12, 2014, 10:03:03 AM »

turns 6-9 of coil, a new type of tomestone, vanity system, more Hildibrand quest stuff that leads to fighting Gilgamesh.

uh

Hopefully more hairstyles for Elezen. :P

Anyway. The CT armour + Bravura Zenith is *really* badly lacking in accuracy. At least I'm done buying myth stuff for dragoon and can just get it for WAR now, and I'd still love that Dual Haken if I ever get back to practicing Titan EX. Currently trying to get gladiator to 22 for provoke, and it's honestly kind of boring to play at that level. Thankfully I just need one more dungeon + some hunting log stuff.

Pugilist is fun on the other hand. And I might continue with thaumaturge...
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 10:09:44 AM by kyuusei » Logged

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1844 on: March 13, 2014, 05:29:20 PM »

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/152555

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 130 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: