Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 08:16:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334626 Posts in 13705 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn  (Read 144400 times)
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1935 on: July 29, 2014, 11:30:10 PM »

Now that I'm leveling pugilist, I've found that I like it a lot.  Monk is likely to become my new main job.  Now I just need to quit the game a few dozen times and it'll be like FFXI all over again.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: August 02, 2014, 12:16:40 PM »

My group has been running turn 3 of bahamut's second coil for the last 2 weeks, and we've been mostly shitty qt it. Tonight, we got the boss down to 4 fucking percent and wiped because one of the mechanics was completely oblivious to our usual bard and she blew us up. I don't wanna be a dick about it, but she's consistently the cause of us wiping, albeit mostly because she's dealing with difficult mechanics and usually has the worst stability connection wise.

4 fucking percent....

Got the turn 7 boss (we've beaten her before) to 1% and then she went into enrage mode and started one shotting everyone. That was two nights ago... I'm still not over it. :(

Gae Bolg Novus tomorrow. Crit and det. I don't want to think of how many millions of gil this thing cost me.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1937 on: August 02, 2014, 12:36:55 PM »

That's ok, kyuusei, turns out monday night after my group and I had been grinding away again at turn 8, I had to log due both to frustration and time and one of the group not being there for almost 20 minutes. After I log, said jackass swapped to pld qnd they grabbed another bard, and proceeded to 1 shot it.

TASTY!
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: August 02, 2014, 04:48:40 PM »

Oh that sucks hard. Hopefully tank loot didn't drop.

Tomorrow's also gonna be our first attempt (as a group) at Ramuh EX. Should be fun.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1939 on: August 02, 2014, 04:54:43 PM »

Oh that sucks hard. Hopefully tank loot didn't drop.

Tomorrow's also gonna be our first attempt (as a group) at Ramuh EX. Should be fun.
Just the shield afaik, so I wasn't completely pissed. My big complaint was how did 1 bard and a tank swap result in a 1 shot?

TASTY!
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: August 10, 2014, 01:30:25 PM »

My Gae Bolg Novus (44 crit, 31 det) was... a little more pricey than expected, having broke 5 crit ivs and 10 (yes, ten) det ivs in the process. I estimate this thing cost me over 11 million. Guess that's why I'm a crafter.

Is that normal, or did I just have really awful luck...? I asked a couple people who went the 2 stat route and they only broke a few.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1941 on: August 10, 2014, 01:56:26 PM »

I haven't done a Zodiac weapon (may consider one for Ninja), but I've blown up way more materia on melds that should've succeeded on the first or second try, so I know the pain.
DrGonzo

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #1942 on: August 12, 2014, 12:06:21 AM »

I've made an Alternative account in Zalera. I was thinking of using it to focus on Melee classes but now I'm caught in a bind on whether I just want to use my main character to just go 50 on all. It just feels so weird starting fresh at a new server that you know nothing about. Do any of you get this feeling if you've tried?
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1943 on: September 10, 2014, 09:39:11 PM »

Trying to beat Garuda normal. The group I was with sucked. They didn't kill the feathers fast enough.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: September 16, 2014, 01:15:29 AM »

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/466a99222687298cf0515b6f476869b10e012e57

Not sure what to make of the nexus quest. Interesting.

But I am never, ever redoing my Gae Bolg sphere scroll/materia. 11 million gil says FUCK. NO.

Also why I cannot afford personal housing.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1945 on: September 18, 2014, 03:27:21 PM »

all my jobs are 50 leveling crafers to fight the boredom.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2968299/

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1946 on: September 27, 2014, 04:01:41 PM »

I give up again. Oh well.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1947 on: September 28, 2014, 03:22:44 PM »

I give up again. Oh well.

Nobody likes a quitter.

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1948 on: October 03, 2014, 10:28:29 AM »

Anybody got any tips for the Level 10 Lancer Guild Quest: The Stone of Courage? Because I am getting creamed. I can barely hold my own against one of those stupid birds, let alone 6+ attacking me at once. And can I leave that spot or am I stuck there? Every time I leave it, more seem to spawn. Or if you're on Exodus, maybe you want to help? I might need a conjurer to keep me alive...

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1949 on: October 03, 2014, 01:04:49 PM »

Anybody got any tips for the Level 10 Lancer Guild Quest: The Stone of Courage? Because I am getting creamed. I can barely hold my own against one of those stupid birds, let alone 6+ attacking me at once. And can I leave that spot or am I stuck there? Every time I leave it, more seem to spawn. Or if you're on Exodus, maybe you want to help? I might need a conjurer to keep me alive...
Increase your level and gear, it really helps. Also, have potions equipped. Best advice I can give is to just keep trying, I know I cleared the lancer questline without a problem...but I had already run through my warrior stuff and was i90 war by that point.

TASTY!
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: