Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 30, 2014, 11:59:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335181 Posts in 13725 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 133 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn  (Read 149356 times)
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #420 on: July 14, 2013, 08:37:26 AM »

Quick question to resolve a momentary brain freeze:

What's bard's secondary class? Conjurer?
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: July 14, 2013, 04:46:38 PM »

Yup, level 15 conjurer minimum.

I'm going through the music for ARR, and I'm really excited for some of the potential boss fights they undoubtedly have lined up for the storyline.  I never did the final boss fight for 1.0, but it definitely has one of the best pieces of boss music I've heard in a long time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqJF2tvcNnU
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: July 14, 2013, 04:55:53 PM »

i get off work at 10. hoping i can gain 1 level then lvl jump to 29 and try haukke manor at least once before the servers go down.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: July 14, 2013, 06:08:23 PM »

I'm going through the music for ARR, and I'm really excited for some of the potential boss fights they undoubtedly have lined up for the storyline.  I never did the final boss fight for 1.0, but it definitely has one of the best pieces of boss music I've heard in a long time.

Man, the White Raven fight was amazing, and that track just gives you chills. I hope when we face the remaining Legatus that they're as impressive. What sucks is that his hard mode reward gave the best in slot earring: The White Ravens (refresh +1/ regen +1/ accuracy +3) have now been relegated to a vanity item with slashing resist +3. What a way to screw people who took weeks beating the hardest and final fight in ver. 1.0. It literally gets replaced by a pair of level 10 earrings.
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #424 on: July 15, 2013, 12:28:02 AM »

It's over (for me at least, capped out my character in a final Longstop run).

I don't know how I'm going to handle the weeks between now and Phase 4.  It's going to be horrible. I hope you guys had as much fun as I did!  My final resting place was in the closed off glowing entrance dungeon right across from Bronze Camp in La Noscea.

At least next time there wouldn't be any deletions.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #425 on: July 15, 2013, 12:49:57 AM »

Agent Dee will be asleep in the limsa lominsa inn when the deletion happens. I will be back as Agent "D" in retail.

TASTY!
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: July 15, 2013, 02:41:01 AM »

Just signed out, /sadface

It's going to be a long 4 weeks. Looks like some info coming out of NicoNico tonight.

New Benchmark with character creator will be released on August 1st.
Next Live Letter is scheduled for August 8th.
Arcanist is confirmed for Phase 4, and all voice acting will be in place.
Phase 4 will also be a week long.

Here's a pretty sub-par video from the livestream that shows off some of the armors - couple new pieces in there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSbjtFx6l-A&feature=share&list=UUUSH09rP2M7-C0Ajqhr_eaw
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 02:59:01 AM by Tenchi-no-Ryu » Logged
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: July 15, 2013, 05:17:53 AM »

goodbye phase 3

my final resting place in haukke manor didn't win because someone dropped to get thier lvl 30 ability win but got to check it out.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Datastorm

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: July 15, 2013, 08:04:30 AM »

Man, the White Raven fight was amazing, and that track just gives you chills. I hope when we face the remaining Legatus that they're as impressive. What sucks is that his hard mode reward gave the best in slot earring: The White Ravens (refresh +1/ regen +1/ accuracy +3) have now been relegated to a vanity item with slashing resist +3. What a way to screw people who took weeks beating the hardest and final fight in ver. 1.0. It literally gets replaced by a pair of level 10 earrings.

I feel your pain, I spent hours and hours of farming and crafting to make my hq gryphonskin gear for my archer build and now I can't equip any of it.

doh
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #429 on: July 15, 2013, 12:50:44 PM »

Yeah they did the same shit with the Imperial Tricorne.

Update- here's the official Eorzea Collection video, in much better quality.

http://youtu.be/6N_ruqUF1Sc
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #430 on: July 15, 2013, 01:14:20 PM »

Maybe I'm being too easily impressed here. But when I saw the warrior could open and close his visor I thought that was pretty sweet.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #431 on: July 15, 2013, 02:14:03 PM »

Yup. I went through it and paused for each new armor - a good number of those really are new. The polearm worn with the Behemoth head is freakin' sweet.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 02:20:51 PM by Tenchi-no-Ryu » Logged
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #432 on: July 15, 2013, 05:34:48 PM »

Are there plans to release a full soundtrack?  I know there is one that comes with the Limited Edition but I don't expect it to be a full soundtrack. I know there is at least over 100 songs here. Especially day and night music, different field songs, etc. 

Currently Playing-The Last Story, The Evil Within, Fable Anniversary
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #433 on: July 15, 2013, 06:10:20 PM »

Maybe I'm being too easily impressed here. But when I saw the warrior could open and close his visor I thought that was pretty sweet.

I've been waiting for someone else to do it ever since I saw it in videos of True Fantasy Live Online from like, a decade ago.  That game also did capes pretty well.  Too bad it disappeared from the face of the earth.

Are there plans to release a full soundtrack?  I know there is one that comes with the Limited Edition but I don't expect it to be a full soundtrack. I know there is at least over 100 songs here. Especially day and night music, different field songs, etc. 

Nothing officially announced yet... only 1.0 is getting a complete soundtrack, on Blu-Ray no less.  Such a bizarre format choice, but whatever.  I pre-ordered it.  It ships on 1 September.
Mike
Administrator

SHOVEL JUSTICE!

MoonFlareDesign
View Profile WWW
« Reply #434 on: July 15, 2013, 08:11:02 PM »

So that blu-Ray soundtrack *IS* for 1.0. See, I was worried about that based on the title, but I just (wrongly) assumed it was still going to have ARR music.

As soon as there's a real ARR soundtrack though, I am all over that. (and hopefully it's on CD or digital and not a format meant for video)

"Your sins lay heavy upon you, defiler of souls."
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 133 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: