Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 11:17:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334537 Posts in 13704 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 133 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn  (Read 144152 times)
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #510 on: August 01, 2013, 09:52:29 PM »

Here is the complete list of dungeons:
 http://www.daevaofwar.net/index.php?/topic/469-new-areas-dungeons-and-popup-text/

Here's a bigger data mine list:

http://www.daevaofwar.net/index.php?/forum/63-dat-mining/

FC branded gear is pretty cool.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 09:58:32 PM by Tenchi-no-Ryu » Logged
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #511 on: August 01, 2013, 10:02:01 PM »

FFXIVDB.com also has a ton of new item info. Looks like we are getting AF+1 and Relic+1 stuff too.
Solstafir

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #512 on: August 01, 2013, 11:14:34 PM »

Yep :3 lots of fantastic new stuff mined from this thing, haha!

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #513 on: August 01, 2013, 11:22:03 PM »

Goddamnit this game cannot come out soon enough.

TASTY!
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #514 on: August 01, 2013, 11:54:41 PM »

Seeing the pet skillsets renews my interest in Arcanist (ACN?) and SMN.  I can see SCH being brought to a lot of end-game content, what with that skill reduction time ability.

But yeah, the Open beta wait is preeetty painful.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #515 on: August 02, 2013, 01:42:42 AM »

There's a rumor that the open beta will only be 3 days. Apparently the EU beta registration site stated that it would be back online August 17th. With head start being 7 days long, that's 3 days assuming no downtime.

Anyway, ARR Status has an estimate timer if your into gross speculation.

http://www.arrstatus.com/
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #516 on: August 02, 2013, 01:56:42 AM »

Time for a few derp questions: 

1. I've already deleted the client.  Was that a smart thing to do, or will Phase 4 use a totally different client? 

2.  Since I was in Phase 3, all I need to do is download the client and login, once available?

Currently Playing-The Last Story, The Evil Within, Fable Anniversary
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #517 on: August 02, 2013, 02:06:48 AM »

Time for a few derp questions: 

1. I've already deleted the client.  Was that a smart thing to do, or will Phase 4 use a totally different client? 

2.  Since I was in Phase 3, all I need to do is download the client and login, once available?

1: Pretty sure it's gonna be the same client, just patched. Psn users have no other way to get it otherwise.

2: Using your SE login data, yeah. Tenchi's probably gonna give a better answer, but I'm basing mine on PS3 info, and if PS3 users had to download a new client, we'd need new download codes and such,which sounds difficult to pull off.

TASTY!
Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #518 on: August 02, 2013, 02:23:09 AM »

Well, crap. I originally thought there would just be a patch but then I went to GameFAQ's and some people had said that Phase 4 will use another client.  I guess I'll be downloading this again while I sleep,lol.

Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #519 on: August 02, 2013, 02:26:07 AM »

1. Actually Phase 4 is a new client entirely. We were all told to delete the phase 3 client on PC and PS3. In fact your PSN accounts are automatically unlinked at the end of phase 3. New PSN codes will be forthcoming to download the new client when phase 4 starts.

2. Correct. Once you're in beta, you're in for all stages. If you're on PC the client downloader will be available shortly before Phase 4 starts. If you're on PS3, as soon as the client is on PSN they'll send you a code. Though since its open beta I don't see why it's just not a regular download.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #520 on: August 02, 2013, 02:42:27 AM »

1. Actually Phase 4 is a new client entirely. We were all told to delete the phase 3 client on PC and PS3. In fact your PSN accounts are automatically unlinked at the end of phase 3. New PSN codes will be forthcoming to download the new client when phase 4 starts.

2. Correct. Once you're in beta, you're in for all stages. If you're on PC the client downloader will be available shortly before Phase 4 starts. If you're on PS3, as soon as the client is on PSN they'll send you a code. Though since its open beta I don't see why it's just not a regular download.
I never got a notification regarding it. Matter of fact I signed in to it yesterday just to see if there was any news on the front page there (nothing new). I did get an email not to long ago about phase 4 starting soon and that I'd be getting a code soon, but I assumed that was from applying during phase 3 on their site. Odd shit, guess I'll leave the info to you from now on tenchi.

TASTY!
Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #521 on: August 02, 2013, 02:54:04 AM »

Ok, thanks! 

Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #522 on: August 02, 2013, 03:48:52 AM »

I never got a notification regarding it. Matter of fact I signed in to it yesterday just to see if there was any news on the front page there (nothing new). I did get an email not to long ago about phase 4 starting soon and that I'd be getting a code soon, but I assumed that was from applying during phase 3 on their site. Odd shit, guess I'll leave the info to you from now on tenchi.

Yeah the code referred in the email is for the phase 4 beta client for PS3. It was further clarified on Twitter. You can go ahead and uninstall the client. If the benchmark is any indicator, they did a lot of changes to the engine so that's probably why they went with a whole new client rather than just a patch job.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #523 on: August 02, 2013, 09:11:08 AM »

So does this mean any saved Character creation data won't carry over to the next phase? Rats.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #524 on: August 02, 2013, 03:55:17 PM »

So does this mean any saved Character creation data won't carry over to the next phase? Rats.

If you're talking about new characters as of Phase 3; then for the PS3 version, no. Phase 3 got wiped in its entirety so server side data is gone/reset. Legacy characters get their models back because that data just gets reset.

That's not the case for the PC version at all though because all character creation data (if you chose to save the template) is saved in Documents. This also allows you to tweak them in the new benchmark and save them for Phase 4. You will not, however, be able to modify legacy characters until Head Start/Retail. it is unknown if you can use saved character template from the benchmark to overwrite legacy character appearance at all.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 133 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: