Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 23, 2014, 03:43:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329473 Posts in 13498 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 130 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn  (Read 128964 times)
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #915 on: August 27, 2013, 07:48:20 PM »

Fuck this game in it's dirty ass. I can't get onto any of the servers I made characters on already. They are all full. What the fuck did I buy this game for if I can't actually play. I tried making a character on 3 or 4 other servers. All of them are not allowing characters. Fuck you SE.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Haven

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #916 on: August 27, 2013, 08:02:53 PM »

I am really dumbfounded at their approach but I love what I saw of the game so far. I did both of the starter dungeons as a conjurer and loved it. Really hope they get their shit together by least least the weekend.

Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #917 on: August 27, 2013, 08:06:02 PM »

Attempted to log in, world is full.  That makes three evenings of no play.

It's funny, really.  Two coworkers asked me if they should buy the game today, since they know I've been excited about it.  I told them both not to buy it because the servers are fucked and they wouldn't be able to play anyway.

Oh well.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #918 on: August 27, 2013, 08:11:44 PM »

I have spent 20 minutes trying to get into the world. Apparently I could make a new character on an EU server, but what will that change? I will get in, play for awhile, then have to log out to go do something or sleep. Then tomorrow I wouldn't be able to log in and play that character either. I would have to create yet another character. Fuck that. I just want to play the character I have already made that I finally got to one of the other starting towns to get the other jobs.

I am actually kind of pissed that I opened the PS3 package. I should have just returned it.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 08:17:19 PM by Daggerstrike » Logged

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #919 on: August 27, 2013, 08:22:00 PM »

You legally can, the game is unplayable, no matter what retailers say. Buying a product that is unable to be used is not your fault, and as such you are not responsible for opening the game and voiding the factory seal. You were unaware of the failure and are entitled to a full refund.

I however am stupid and will continue to hold my copy like a derpface.

TASTY!
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #920 on: August 27, 2013, 08:28:35 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZU44zSlJQag
dyeager
RPGFan Editor

Code Monkey Like Fritos

View Profile
« Reply #921 on: August 27, 2013, 08:39:21 PM »

I gotta admit, I loled.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #922 on: August 27, 2013, 08:45:21 PM »

My question is what did they DO over the past 3 days to try to resolve this? If a pre-launch population is a major problem then.........hellooooo...

All the effort they put into this re-launch and they fumble at the finish line. Its a solid game but I know that there are tons of people that are super pissed right now.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
dyeager
RPGFan Editor

Code Monkey Like Fritos

View Profile
« Reply #923 on: August 27, 2013, 08:46:51 PM »

They've got a really good game here. I just hope they can get folks in to play over the next couple weeks.

Heck, I hope I can get in with regularity. :-D
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #924 on: August 27, 2013, 09:23:42 PM »

Well, it's definitely worth checking out I think (especially at the discounted PC price) but no way could I recommend buying NOW, you don't get the pre-order goods and you get a whole lot of error 1071. May as well just wait until the people playing say it's clear THEN jump in. Though that could be as early as Friday if this really is due to abusing Early Access codes, but I'm leaning towards pessimism on that front because without any real intent to get invested they won't care to try logging in over and over.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #925 on: August 27, 2013, 10:55:21 PM »

Finally managed to create a character on Ixion so I have something to play in the evenings when Hyperion is overcrowded.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #926 on: August 27, 2013, 11:16:26 PM »

I'm part of the problem. I logged in at the early morning hours and haven't disconnected since.
The servers are stable... once you get on.
I still don't have the balls to use the duty finder though.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #927 on: August 27, 2013, 11:18:44 PM »

Keeping a close eye on how this next maintenance goes.
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #928 on: August 28, 2013, 12:08:14 AM »

I feel for you guys.  I log in early morning so I don't have to deal with the 1017, but I was stuck out of game for 6 or 7 hours one day, so I definitely understand your pain.

Honestly, they should just do away with 1017 all together and make a perma queue.  Even if it's ~1000 people.  That way at least you know you have a chance to get in and it's not lottery spammy bullshit.  It would also probably save their login servers from some of the stress, since people wouldn't be pressing play over and over and over and over.
Datastorm

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #929 on: August 28, 2013, 01:47:20 AM »

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/71436-Regarding-Preparations-to-Increase-the-Capacity-of-our-Data-Centers?p=1094798#post1094798

Quote Originally Posted by NOC_NA View Post
We would like to make a clarification regarding our previous announcement “Regarding Congestion in Japan Data Center Worlds (Aug. 27)” in which we stated that we are preparing to increase the capacity of our data centers.

The first half of the announcement regarding login and character creation restrictions was directed towards our players who would be playing during peak hours in Japan data center Worlds.

However, the second half of the announcement regarding increasing the capacity of our data centers was meant to also encompass North American and European data center Worlds and not just be limited to Japan data center Worlds.

We deeply apologize for causing concern amongst the North American and European community due to our lack of clarity. Capacity will be increased for data centers in all regions.

Once again, thank you for your understanding and cooperation to help us welcome more players to the game.

doh
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 130 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: