Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2014, 11:55:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332727 Posts in 13632 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 130 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn  (Read 139761 times)
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2013, 12:39:30 PM »

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/05/30/check-out-the-qa-and-relevant-screencaps-from-the-final-fantasy-xiv-letter-from-the-producer-live-vii/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2RghB8r4tA

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2013, 12:54:14 PM »

WORLD TRANSFER! WORLD TRANSFER! I SAW THE WORDS "WORLD TRANSFER!"

Seriously, I had ONE REQUEST and it sounds like they're going to implement it, I am far more excited than I should be to hear that.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2013, 01:34:28 PM »

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2013, 04:45:27 PM »

The job actions look pretty damn awesome and lots of interesting info in that letter.   Really, really cannot wait for this.

Edit:  Preordered the collectors edition.  Can't wait.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 08:47:53 PM by Akanbe- » Logged

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2013, 09:42:01 PM »

The job actions look pretty damn awesome and lots of interesting info in that letter.   Really, really cannot wait for this.

Edit:  Preordered the collectors edition.  Can't wait.

Awesome! Did you apply for the beta?
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2013, 09:50:41 PM »

I lost my code for that, I guess I figured once it was registered with SE's site I'd be covered, except I apparently needed it AGAIN for this! Though they didn't even anticipate taking 3 damn years after launch.

I think I may jump onto this for a change! Though I should probably play some Guild Wars 2 to see if I'm REALLY inclined to jump in on an MMO.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2013, 10:53:38 PM »

New monk is very.....yellow :(

Where's dark knight? I needs mah dark knight....gotta haves it.

(This game looks so fucking awesome)

TASTY!
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2013, 03:29:59 AM »

Graphically, the game certainly looks incredible. I've heard mixed things about the gameplay but I'll definitely give it a shot.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2013, 04:01:19 AM »

Graphically, the game certainly looks incredible. I've heard mixed things about the gameplay but I'll definitely give it a shot.

Combat is pretty similar to WoW with a combo string system. They had position based combos but with the increased battle speed it was too cumbersome. I guess the closest MMO combat I can compare it to is Aion except the combos aren't customizable nor is the UI contextual like Aion was (yet).  I think the majority of people complaining about the combat fall into the old XI gameplay school of "it's too button mashy and not strategic" or the action combat crowd who feel like it feels too static. So far its kind of in the middle as far as standard hotkey MMOs go.

I think we will have a better idea of what is in store in phase 3 since most of the planned battle revisions will be in place as well as jobs and their requisite Weaponskills.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2013, 04:06:21 AM »

New monk is very.....yellow :(

Where's dark knight? I needs mah dark knight....gotta haves it.

(This game looks so fucking awesome)

No mention of DRK, however Yoshida did say in the last Live Letter that he would rather add more iconic jobs than allow current classes/jobs to use multiple weapon types. Musketeer is all but confirmed at some point and he's teased at THF and SAM, so I'm sure DRK is on the list too. Though if you are looking for ass kicking 2H, WAR more than fits the bill. It's honestly more like Berzerker than what we think of as WAR.

MNK is very yellow but it grows on you. Even that ridiculous feather.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2013, 04:08:20 AM »

I lost my code for that, I guess I figured once it was registered with SE's site I'd be covered, except I apparently needed it AGAIN for this! Though they didn't even anticipate taking 3 damn years after launch.

I think I may jump onto this for a change! Though I should probably play some Guild Wars 2 to see if I'm REALLY inclined to jump in on an MMO.

What code? If you're talking game code, if you already registered it from ver. 1.0 you don't need another one. You'll be able to download the new client for free.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2013, 04:56:57 AM »

What code? If you're talking game code, if you already registered it from ver. 1.0 you don't need another one. You'll be able to download the new client for free.

Not that, the FFXIII code for the beta. Like I said I doubt they expected we'd need to hold on this long.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2013, 05:12:53 AM »

Not that, the FFXIII code for the beta. Like I said I doubt they expected we'd need to hold on this long.

Ah. I didn't think we needed to re-input the code once it was registered.

Oh, here's a fan subtitled version of the last Live Letter. Second half is PS3 footage.
http://youtu.be/FCCKYfouAxE
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2013, 05:18:00 AM »

I don't think you even NEED it, but I assume it increases your chances of, if not guarantees, getting into the beta.

EDIT: Unless you meant the SE Members registration thing. I think they just track that separately. Annoying, but honestly not surprising from SE, especially given I was being taken to the European site for awhile before it snapped back to taking me to my proper NA account.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 05:31:18 AM by Eusis » Logged
kofvscapcom
Rereveagence

kofvscapcom
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2013, 08:52:47 AM »

Haven't been playing the beta since I hate losing progress, but my friends tell me good things. Hopefully they streamline the crafting system. The gathering feels like it takes too long but the minigame isn't too bad. Only managed to get 1 class to max level and that was through power-leveling. Oh and their website for managing payment and stuff could be so much simpler than it is right now.

Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 130 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: