Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 07:44:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334804 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 133 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn  (Read 146526 times)
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: June 14, 2013, 12:25:10 PM »

Anyone hoping for a PS3 beta code who did not get one this morning?

Nada so far.  Was hoping to test the PS3 client rather than PC this time.  No big deal, really.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: June 14, 2013, 01:11:47 PM »

I didn't register for the beta or anything, the email said that people who had an XIV account would get further instructions. Am I just supposed to register on the site or something?
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 14, 2013, 02:16:21 PM »

Well, I'm in! Will probably check out tonight.
WDNall

WDrgnNall@gmail.com WDrgnNall
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: June 14, 2013, 02:38:37 PM »

Got into the Beta :3 I'll pop in after it updates. What world are you guys on? update: nevermind. saw leviathan in Arli's earlier post :) See you all in game later :)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 02:40:34 PM by WDNall » Logged

psn id WDNall
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: June 14, 2013, 04:49:40 PM »

I take it they've delayed the uploading of V 1.0 characters? Or is there something special I'm supposed to do after loading up the game in order to access my old characters?
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: June 14, 2013, 06:02:43 PM »

This game seems way more hardware intensive than in the previous beta phase I was in. Running this on low everything: ((. My card is not great., but still.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
WDNall

WDrgnNall@gmail.com WDrgnNall
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: June 14, 2013, 06:45:38 PM »

Hi everyone! I'm Wdnall Dragon in the beta. if you come on and see me online please say hello lol :3 So far I'm having a lot of fun :)

psn id WDNall
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: June 14, 2013, 09:18:37 PM »

Do not use the current 320.18 WHQL drivers as it seems to be a bit of an unstable lemon with alot of games.

Forget the games, it seems to be an unstable lemon just for operating a computer with period. This must be emphasized: everyone with nVidia cards must not use 320.18. We've even had reports of cards dying I believe, this is profoundly fucked up.

Funny you say that like a week after my nvidia card died.  Got me for a second until I realized it started dying with much older drivers first. Oh well.

Funny that my GPU died though, and a week later (last night) I got into the ARR beta.  Wasn't planning on playing beta even if characters transferred over to live regardless, but still I found it humorous.   

On a different related note, wasn't thrilled about the FATE system and I hope the FATE system isn't as annoying as GW2's dynamic events were.  I hated how you would save a village from stampeding minotaurs and no sooner than you turned your back, the event was already restarting.  FF14ARR doesn't seem as centered around them as GW2 was so I'm hoping they are less annoyingly frequent.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
ZshadeZ

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: June 14, 2013, 11:15:36 PM »

An hour later, outside John's farm:

John: "My lambs! You sick bastard, what have you done?! ... what are you doing now? Why are you swinging that axe around at noth... wait. Are you trying to attack ladybugs with a double-bladed axe? What the hell is wrong with you?!"

Me: "I'm on the path... to becoming a HERO!"  *kills the rest of John's lambs, then loots the chests in his house.*    "For JUSTICE!"
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: June 15, 2013, 12:02:22 AM »

I didn't register for the beta or anything, the email said that people who had an XIV account would get further instructions. Am I just supposed to register on the site or something?

They posted on Twitter there were issues with getting the codes out to ver. 1.0 players. I would suggest you go ahead and apply so that you're at least on that mailing list.
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/62327-Community-team%21-Help%21-No-Beta-Emails?p=1003001&viewfull=1#post1003001
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 12:04:30 AM by Tenchi-no-Ryu » Logged
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: June 15, 2013, 12:05:18 AM »

This game seems way more hardware intensive than in the previous beta phase I was in. Running this on low everything: ((. My card is not great., but still.

Yeah. They increased the system requirements last month.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: June 15, 2013, 12:08:49 AM »

I take it they've delayed the uploading of V 1.0 characters? Or is there something special I'm supposed to do after loading up the game in order to access my old characters?

Character import isn't scheduled till the second test of phase 3.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: June 15, 2013, 12:13:39 AM »

Ah ok, cool. That's what I get for being too lazy to check the beta forums ;)
ZshadeZ

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: June 15, 2013, 08:06:15 PM »

Does anyone else find this game too "silent"? I'm not a fan of the lack of a world chat option... having the best means of communicating with people or talking as /shout really kills off a lot of the social aspect I enjoy in a MMO.

This is The Realm, released in 1996... my first MMO. It had a more featured chat and social system than ARR has right now. It also had the option to change your room IRC style or turn off chat. Why is it that 17 years later we have less options? A lot of people play MMOs for the social aspect, and right now it feels like a huge world where it's rare to see anyone talk other than a NPC. I log in, I play, I enjoy the looks and the mechanics and never end up staying on for long because it always ends up seeming like I'm playing the game with the slow story and speed of play you get in a MMO but with the social prowess of a single player game, and I realize I'd probably have more fun playing a well paces and written single player game instead.

I really want to get into this more... but the "silence" drags it down for me.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 03:56:32 PM by zMKnightz » Logged
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: June 15, 2013, 08:13:57 PM »

No beta invite...sadface.

TASTY!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 133 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: