Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 29, 2014, 04:59:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327632 Posts in 13412 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 129 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn  (Read 118410 times)
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: June 17, 2013, 04:35:25 PM »

There are always the forums for stuff like that. Honestly though, during the beta testing on these games 90% of any available global chat is people comparing the game to whatever the other latest and greatest MMO is and WoW. I'd rather that stuff be kept to the beta forums where I can ignore it.

Haha, yeah I forgot about that.  That's completely on the mark.  As far as finding a guild, pretty much have to go outside of the game and go to forums/different website in my experience, but it totally depends on what you're looking for in a guild.  I would love to see something good integrated in game that worked well that you didn't have to go to separate forums/website since general chat has been mostly misses (and not hits) for me in the past as far as finding guilds go.  Maybe FF14aRR will be different.  Is LFD cross realm?

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 17, 2013, 11:11:35 PM »

Is LFD cross realm?

Only within the same data center. Meaning you can't Duty Finder with players on a Japanese server if you're playing on an NA/EU server.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 18, 2013, 10:04:32 AM »

Upcoming Beta Test Schedule:
- Jun. 21st 2:00 a.m. to Jun. 23rd 2:00 a.m. (PDT) / Jun. 21st 9:00 to Jun. 23rd 9:00 (GMT)

Character import from ver. 1.0 will be enabled.
Datastorm

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: June 18, 2013, 07:48:37 PM »

Upcoming Beta Test Schedule:
- Jun. 21st 2:00 a.m. to Jun. 23rd 2:00 a.m. (PDT) / Jun. 21st 9:00 to Jun. 23rd 9:00 (GMT)

Character import from ver. 1.0 will be enabled.

Heres some info on the data transfer:

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/topics/detail?id=758c9a3a9f3045637d0d36f1afa1dd51085f4be3

doh
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: June 18, 2013, 08:14:53 PM »

Awesome. If someone can make a post when the World Transfer applications go live in case I miss it, that would be fantastic.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 18, 2013, 11:05:13 PM »

Awesome. If someone can make a post when the World Transfer applications go live in case I miss it, that would be fantastic.

Which kind of transfer were you looking for? Yoshida said players on Legacy worlds will have to wait up to 6 months before they can be moved to "new" servers. I believe we will be able to transfer between Legacy worlds just before retail though. Depending on which kind of server you want to transfer, and how high level your character is, I'd just stay start fresh. Depending on your subscription type, you can have up to 8 character slots.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 11:09:33 PM by Tenchi-no-Ryu » Logged
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: June 19, 2013, 10:27:25 AM »

That would really suck, especially since they don't make any mention of such restrictions on the World Transfer details page. I plan on starting one of my characters over, but the other is level 35 and has her Monk soul. So yeah, I'm not too concerned if I have to wait to move that character since I'll have the other character to play around with.

I just REALLY don't want to play on a server where people won't shut up about the combat being "inferior" to v. 1.2x or whatever.

Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 19, 2013, 12:04:44 PM »

That would really suck, especially since they don't make any mention of such restrictions on the World Transfer details page. I plan on starting one of my characters over, but the other is level 35 and has her Monk soul. So yeah, I'm not too concerned if I have to wait to move that character since I'll have the other character to play around with.

I just REALLY don't want to play on a server where people won't shut up about the combat being "inferior" to v. 1.2x or whatever.

Well the general idea is that the new servers will be a fresh start for all players wanting to start on equal footing. If they allowed  1.0 character import it would quickly destabilize the economy etc. I really don't think you have to worry about the whining outside of the forums. All the feedback I've been reading from Phase 3 has been overwhelmingly positive, even regarding combat. You'll always have the occasional douche but that's what blacklists are for. Our FC has a bunch of people returning who were very low level and a good number of them new players and we are all starting on a Legacy World. Level Synch for all group content makes the gap no longer a barrier to friends playing together.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 19, 2013, 01:02:44 PM »

Some good reading here for the interested and will hopefully put some perspective on why ARR will remain a subscription based game for the better.

http://venturebeat.com/2013/06/17/final-fantasy-online-director-defends-monthly-subscriptions-in-the-golden-age-of-free-to-play-exclusive/
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: June 19, 2013, 02:12:28 PM »

Well the general idea is that the new servers will be a fresh start for all players wanting to start on equal footing. If they allowed  1.0 character import it would quickly destabilize the economy etc. I really don't think you have to worry about the whining outside of the forums. All the feedback I've been reading from Phase 3 has been overwhelmingly positive, even regarding combat. You'll always have the occasional douche but that's what blacklists are for. Our FC has a bunch of people returning who were very low level and a good number of them new players and we are all starting on a Legacy World. Level Synch for all group content makes the gap no longer a barrier to friends playing together.

Oh yeah? That sounds cool. Maybe I'll keep my characters on two different servers then. I know actually having people to play with is what's kept me playing Guild Wars 2 for this long. You'll have to let me know which legacy world you guys will be playing on.

Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 19, 2013, 04:32:09 PM »

We will be on Hyperion for the rest of beta on into retail.
Solstafir

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: June 20, 2013, 01:34:44 AM »

Our FC has a bunch of people returning who were very low level and a good number of them new players and we are all starting on a Legacy World. Level Synch for all group content makes the gap no longer a barrier to friends playing together.
I'll chime in as one of the returning players whose highest level was 21. And I've got another returning player not too much higher than me (Prasch) and a new player (Veev) who should be joining me, too. And maybe more! Plus, level sync and people leveling other jobs should make it so that there are plenty of folks to play with :)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 01:36:48 AM by Solstafir » Logged

Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 21, 2013, 03:42:18 AM »

World Transfer Information and Application Page is now LIVE for Phase 4/Launch. Solaris will be on Hyperion (NA/EU).

Beta in a little over an hour. There's another small patch as of this morning. Better get it now because its going to be jam packed.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 03:46:18 AM by Tenchi-no-Ryu » Logged
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: June 21, 2013, 09:22:51 AM »

My mother switched our internet service to save money, and now I can barely stay connected during the day, so it doesn't look like I'll be doing much playing this weekend if at all.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: June 21, 2013, 01:26:44 PM »

My mother switched our internet service to save money, and now I can barely stay connected during the day, so it doesn't look like I'll be doing much playing this weekend if at all.
How do you connect to the internet? Wireless, wired? Using a router? Etc etc...

TASTY!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 129 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: