Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 12:30:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335269 Posts in 13727 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 133 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn  (Read 149898 times)
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: June 21, 2013, 02:32:24 PM »

My mother switched our internet service to save money, and now I can barely stay connected during the day, so it doesn't look like I'll be doing much playing this weekend if at all.
How do you connect to the internet? Wireless, wired? Using a router? Etc etc...

Wirelessly. What happened was we had to switch from using our own router to using Comcast's shitty propietary garbage. When I'm not completely swamped with other stuff to do, I'm going to try and configure the router and reserve an IP address for my computer. That should help significantly.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 02:35:22 PM by Klutz64 » Logged
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: June 21, 2013, 02:59:15 PM »

You shouldn't have a problem adding your router back to the network,even if it's on top of comcasts proprietary shit. Verizon does a similar thing with a 4 port wifi ready modem that I can't stand. I just add my router on top of it. Personally,  I'd recommend you hardwire any internet ready device you use. Before you say things like "too far" "diferrent floor" etc etc, I do it for a living and it's not as hard as you make it sound. Tablets, phones and other obvious wifi onry shit yeah, you're limited to wifi, but anything else hardwired is best.

TASTY!
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: June 21, 2013, 04:36:35 PM »

Oh man, I was worried when I decided on a main job that Alma (my main) wasn't going to look good in the Monk AR armor. But after I logged in long enough to check things out and get through the intro... OH HOW WRONG I WAS! She looks so awesome in that yellow Gi, I can't wait to finally acquire it.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: June 21, 2013, 04:49:30 PM »

Absolutely loving the game right now. Kinda sucks that I have to re-earn things like the Inn etc with already having a level 50, but since its all along the main storyline path (which is completely new, it's a sequel in every sense) its all good. The whole world and story is captivating. They nailed the FF feel much more than they ever did in XI.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: June 21, 2013, 09:01:43 PM »

Would the story make sense if I never played the original?

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #140 on: June 21, 2013, 10:09:12 PM »

Would the story make sense if I never played the original?

It makes plenty of sense to me, and I didn't play 1.0

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: June 21, 2013, 10:39:35 PM »

That's good to know. I want this to be my first proper* dive in an MMO and it would be a shame if I spent half of it on wikipedia trying to figure out what was going on.

*Unlike last week when I downloaded Rift and spent most of the day trying to figure out how to open up my bag and then spend three hours fighting infinitely spawning skeletons, not realizing they are only there for plot purposes and I was supposed to just run through them.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: June 22, 2013, 05:44:04 AM »

They do a really good job recapping the events of 1.0 and due to certain storyline aspects, new and returning placers receive the same dialogue from major NPCs. They really did an amazing job with the tutorial aspect as well.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: June 22, 2013, 06:27:50 AM »

the quest to guard a guardian epic troll. while i hate losing once i found out how to win........man they are using psychology and conventional strategy against you. the game makes you think X so you do Y when you were supposed to do Z.

also im starting to worry that melee's are gonna have to constantly run in and out of attack range against stronger enemies.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Datastorm

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: June 22, 2013, 09:55:45 AM »

Hello

Anybody upset about the class/job changes on some of the gear? I can't equip my gryphonskin gear on archer anymore. Its only for pgl/mnk.... Man I spent alot of time making that gear, plus it looks great, so was pretty sad about that. And of course pgl/mnk is the only thing besides cnj I don't have leveled lol

They also changed the darklight gear and vanya sets.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 10:01:13 AM by Datastorm » Logged

doh
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: June 22, 2013, 10:06:12 AM »

I finally finished the 3 starter dungeons along the main storyline path. Gotta say I was pleasantly surprised at the Slime fight in Copperbell mines, it was very reminiscent of Bastok rank 9 mission. Plus you can use Limit Breaks from the get go. Omnislash raped the last boss. I haven't touched the regular quests at all. You're kind of required to progress along the main storyline to unlock stuff and its been a real treat.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: June 22, 2013, 06:08:54 PM »

Not really playing now that they've uncensored the story so as to continue avoiding spoilers until I actually get to keep any progress made. I am so happy with the class changes though among the ones I've experimented with. Disciples of war particularly just feel so different from each other. No longer is it "This one hits enemies with a sword! This one hits enemies with fist weapons!"
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 22, 2013, 06:11:03 PM »

Well, I'd like to at least get to the point when the plots converge, because then I won't have to repeat that stuff and instead just see another perspective with a new game. But I dunno if I can rush through that fast before they shut this off, not unless there's another part to Phase 3.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 06:12:41 PM by Eusis » Logged
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: June 22, 2013, 06:16:49 PM »

They said they were eventually planning a week long stress test as part of phase 3, so you definitely have at least one long run in the near future.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: June 22, 2013, 07:16:20 PM »

After some system tinkering, overclocking and driver updates, I've got it running comfortably on standard settings. Happy now I can get some decent playtime in tonight:)

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 133 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: