Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 30, 2014, 01:07:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327753 Posts in 13419 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 130 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn  (Read 118767 times)
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #150 on: June 22, 2013, 07:32:39 PM »

I'm confident that this will be the first MMO I play and enjoy since LOTRO.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 22, 2013, 09:00:38 PM »

Just finished the implemented portion of the main storyline for Phase 3. Concludes in a VERY different fight from ver. 1.0 story mission.

Totally amazing, cannot wait to take on the new Judges and higher level content.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 09:03:36 PM by Tenchi-no-Ryu » Logged
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: June 22, 2013, 09:16:37 PM »

I found out buddies of mine are playing the beta on ultros....dunno where I oughta go now. Still need a beta invite, but it's a dilemma in either case.

TASTY!
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 22, 2013, 10:20:34 PM »

Well, it's Beta phase 3, we'll have to start over in Phase 4 though I think that carries to the main game. So if you get in Phase 3 just go wherever you feel like. I'm on Leviathan, but made no attempt to contact any RPGFan people just yet.
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: June 23, 2013, 04:53:19 AM »

Been giving it a try, liking it so far.  I just dont wanna do to much since itll be wiped, and redoing things bothers me after awhile, and I plan on making a couple alts.  Only bug ive had so far is whenever I start the game up, I get this weird resolution thing, so I just have to reapply my settings and tada.  Other than that I havn't run into anything strange, unless you count the names in Limsa Lominsa.  I think they just decided to hit random on a name generator :P

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: June 23, 2013, 08:35:06 AM »

Actually, they have a list of naming convention rules for each race on the official game forums. They're a pretty interesting read, and they do tend to stick to them when naming the NPC's.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Datastorm

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: June 23, 2013, 08:58:16 AM »

Well, it's Beta phase 3, we'll have to start over in Phase 4 though I think that carries to the main game. So if you get in Phase 3 just go wherever you feel like. I'm on Leviathan, but made no attempt to contact any RPGFan people just yet.

Phase 4 doesn't necessarily carry over:

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/topics/detail?id=758c9a3a9f3045637d0d36f1afa1dd51085f4be3

* Circumstances may necessitate the deletion of character data during phase 4. In this event, character data will be transferred once more before the start of official service.

doh
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: June 23, 2013, 11:13:24 AM »

I found out buddies of mine are playing the beta on ultros....dunno where I oughta go now. Still need a beta invite, but it's a dilemma in either case.

I'm playing on Ultros for retail since NeoGAF is headed there.  No offense to the RPGFan crew and some of the old guard, but I honestly never really played with any of you beyond moments here and there, and I have no attachment at all to my legacy character which didn't get very far in the first place.  Planning to play on a fresh server with an unestablished economy.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 23, 2013, 03:30:38 PM »

Phase 4 doesn't necessarily carry over:

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/topics/detail?id=758c9a3a9f3045637d0d36f1afa1dd51085f4be3

* Circumstances may necessitate the deletion of character data during phase 4. In this event, character data will be transferred once more before the start of official service.

Huh, I may just make a character I don't necessarily plan to stick with and burn through another of those intro storylines then, and if wiped (and maybe even if not) go through the final one in the final release.
WDNall

WDrgnNall@gmail.com WDrgnNall
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: June 23, 2013, 09:44:19 PM »

Surprisingly enough I've become addicted to mining and crafting in XIV. I'm almost to the point I'll be able to equip my level 20 character with armor I made myself. Really looking forward to the retail release :)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 09:46:25 PM by WDNall » Logged

psn id WDNall
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #160 on: June 23, 2013, 11:08:17 PM »

I'm legitimately sitting here going "man, I'd like to play some FFXIV." I stand 100% corrected by S-E. I'm pretty sure I wrote in this very thread a few months ago that there was almost no way they could get me interested in playing this game

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: June 24, 2013, 07:07:34 AM »

my only gripe with phase 3 was the difficulty on a few quests. very maat'esque with little room for error. except that we are talking about low level content here. the one with the chocobo egg was obviously trying to teach you something. but the one with the gargoyle and the masked mage was infuriating. made more so by the fact its a 2 part battle.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: June 24, 2013, 07:15:10 AM »

my only gripe with phase 3 was the difficulty on a few quests. very maat'esque with little room for error. except that we are talking about low level content here. the one with the chocobo egg was obviously trying to teach you something. but the one with the gargoyle and the masked mage was infuriating. made more so by the fact its a 2 part battle.
uh....maat's a pushover on most DD classes. This comparison doesn't work.

TASTY!
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 24, 2013, 08:49:37 AM »

If your using the armory system and setting the right abilities (like Protect and Cure) these fights aren't hard at all. As long as your letting the main NPC beat on the boss and you focus on the adds, its pretty simple. For the gargoyle/mage fight, you have to focus and kill the Gargoyle first because he has way less HP, but does much more damage. Also, you have to pay attention to his TP moves, and the mage's spells. The difficulty is appreciated, because as you've said, each fight is trying to teach you something. I think it's refreshing to actually have to learn strategy for fights instead of the 99% faceroll content in MMOs these days. Yes, if you just run in guns blazing, you will get your ass handed to you, but if you follow some pretty basic rules (don't stand in the big glowy circle thingy) they're not that challenging.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: June 24, 2013, 10:37:42 AM »

So out of curiosity, what's the new subscription rate gonna be?

TASTY!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 130 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: