Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 28, 2014, 12:35:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327543 Posts in 13410 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 129 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn  (Read 117881 times)
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: June 26, 2013, 03:45:31 PM »

Site won't load for me...was gonna nab one for a backup in case anyone here wants in on ps3...gonna keep trying, mighy just be heavy server traffic.

TASTY!
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 26, 2013, 03:49:13 PM »

All keys are gone now from ALL giveaways. Hope you guys nabbed one.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 26, 2013, 03:50:23 PM »

Thanks for the heads up Tenchi. :3 I gots me a PC code.

You're welcome dude. I've pretty much spent my afternoon nabbing codes for people and updating FB groups, Twitter etc. lol.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: June 26, 2013, 03:54:11 PM »

Yeah, no code spare....sorry guys.

TASTY!
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 26, 2013, 04:21:42 PM »

I have to say the official beta forums is an amazing collection of White Knights, Legacy Elitists, Anti-Legacy Haters, Newblets and Mega Trolls. Hilarious reading, just remember to bring the popcorn.
Jotacon
Contributing Editor

In the Name of the Moon, I will Punish you!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: June 26, 2013, 11:17:18 PM »

Another big thanks to Tenchi from myself, this is the first MMO I've been excited about in a decade or more and I'm really happy I was able to snag a PS3 code this morning thanks to your warning. I've run into an unexpected problem though. My housemate only lives with me during the school year and he is the one with an HDTV. My CRT is excellent for playing older games and I usually don't need it for new games, but the text in the FFXIV Client is unreadable. I've gotta find a way to borrow a TV or maybe just live at a friends house for the weekend.

Also in my craze to get a Beta code from somewhere I ended up getting a second PS3 code so if someone wants one shoot me a PM. EDIT: And it's gone.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 11:29:18 PM by Jotacon » Logged

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: June 26, 2013, 11:33:23 PM »

Another big thanks to Tenchi from myself, this is the first MMO I've been excited about in a decade or more and I'm really happy I was able to snag a PS3 code this morning thanks to your warning. I've run into an unexpected problem though. My housemate only lives with me during the school year and he is the one with an HDTV. My CRT is excellent for playing older games and I usually don't need it for new games, but the text in the FFXIV Client is unreadable. I've gotta find a way to borrow a TV or maybe just live at a friends house for the weekend.

Also in my craze to get a Beta code from somewhere I ended up getting a second PS3 code so if someone wants one shoot me a PM. EDIT: And it's gone.
Little things you can do to make viewing text easier on old tvs is decrease the sharpness so the pixels don't get "too defined" if you will. Used to do that with games like FFX and Enchanted Arms cuz the text sucked.

Also, you could get with the times and buy an hdtv. Just sayin...

TASTY!
Jotacon
Contributing Editor

In the Name of the Moon, I will Punish you!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: June 27, 2013, 12:19:15 AM »

I'll try screwing around with settings, though I normally don't need too. I should probably get with the times,but that costs money I don't have.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: June 27, 2013, 12:22:33 AM »

I have to say the official beta forums is an amazing collection of White Knights, Legacy Elitists, Anti-Legacy Haters, Newblets and Mega Trolls. Hilarious reading, just remember to bring the popcorn.

you forgot ffxi vets and ffxi vet haters

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: June 27, 2013, 12:37:29 AM »

I'll try screwing around with settings, though I normally don't need too. I should probably get with the times,but that costs money I don't have.
Just busting chops for a lul or two. Try the sharpness and maybe get some luck. The problem is most companies are not catering to the lowest denominator (sdtv users...) so you're actually shorting yourself if the long run dragging your heels on an upgraded set. I know about shitty income, but you can get a crappy hdtv for under 300 bucks if you don't mind a smaller size. You could also try getting a component to vga adapter and use it on a computer monitor, though those can be pricey and you'd need something else for sound. Just a couple suggestions for the frugal consumer of today.

TASTY!
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: June 27, 2013, 08:01:46 AM »

Got the beta invite thing sorted out so I can join in on the next test. Too lazy to benchmark at this point, I'll know when I log into the game and my computer crashes or something. =P

Also, saw this and I thought it was hilarious.

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: June 27, 2013, 08:04:14 AM »

I ran the little benchmark program thingie and it actually said "fairly high" instead of "what are you playing on, a potato?", which surprised me.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 27, 2013, 08:34:42 AM »

you forgot ffxi vets and ffxi vet haters

That too, and the people who keep begging for XI-2.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: June 27, 2013, 09:25:44 AM »

I ran the little benchmark program thingie and it actually said "fairly high" instead of "what are you playing on, a potato?", which surprised me.

The Secret World fries my graphics card every time I play it for more than 20 minutes. ARR I can run on near-highest settings with absolutely no problem whatsoever. They did an amazing job with the engine, I will give them that.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 27, 2013, 09:26:59 AM »

New patch is up for tomorrow's beta.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 129 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: