Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 01:05:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334816 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 133 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn  (Read 146712 times)
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: June 27, 2013, 10:23:07 PM »

Another round of beta keys went out today. If you are a member of IGN Prime, they are giving out codes as well here.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: June 27, 2013, 10:45:02 PM »

Since I'm back from my vacation, I'll be able to really give the PS3 version a proper test.  Installed a new 750 GB 7200rpm hard drive, both for the sake of improved performance on this game, and for the fact that I'm tired of deleting my PS+ games and other crap on a routine basis.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: June 28, 2013, 12:30:53 AM »

Since I'm back from my vacation, I'll be able to really give the PS3 version a proper test.  Installed a new 750 GB 7200rpm hard drive, both for the sake of improved performance on this game, and for the fact that I'm tired of deleting my PS+ games and other crap on a routine basis.

Cool! I played around with it on my PS3 fat with a 7200 RPM. Didn't have any performance issues other than really bad pop-in and poor overall resolution. The draw distance was good and player animation is solid. Mob animations are pretty sub par. It's FPS locked at 30 FPS too.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: June 28, 2013, 02:13:23 AM »

Using the stock hdd that came with my good ole 60gb system. Considering I played ffxi on ps2 and then 360 for years, I think I can deal but is the lower end hdd going to make a huge difference?

TASTY!
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: June 28, 2013, 02:23:19 AM »

That's one thing were testing. I have a slim PS3 with the stock HDD too so I'm going to see if there's any noticeable performance gain.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: June 28, 2013, 04:53:40 AM »

Got some great news!

[NA] Creating New Character Limitation LEGACY World Removed (Jun. 27)

We would like to announce that the limitations for logins and character creation on LEGACY Worlds for the Beta Test phase starting on June 28, 2013 have been relaxed. Please note that these limitations may change as we monitor congestion on the relevant Worlds.

We thank you for your patience and understanding.

All my new Solaris peeps and interested parties, get thee to Hyperion! I will be on at 8am EST for Free Company invites.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: June 28, 2013, 05:25:49 AM »

I'm playing it just now.

Why are these moogles so fuckin cute?

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: June 28, 2013, 09:02:41 AM »

After careful deliberation, I started up on ultros. All my old ffxi buds (who all quit xi WELL before I did) are there, so  I gotta pretend I miss em a little bit. Character name is Agent Dee (yep, I got away with it). I had just enough time this morning to make my character, watch most of the opening cutscenes (had to skip some of the limsa lominsa arrival scenes) and jump twice before I had to exit and head to work.

I haven't been excited to play a game like this since ffvii I think.

TASTY!
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: June 28, 2013, 09:48:21 AM »

Got some great news!

[NA] Creating New Character Limitation LEGACY World Removed (Jun. 27)

We would like to announce that the limitations for logins and character creation on LEGACY Worlds for the Beta Test phase starting on June 28, 2013 have been relaxed. Please note that these limitations may change as we monitor congestion on the relevant Worlds.

We thank you for your patience and understanding.

All my new Solaris peeps and interested parties, get thee to Hyperion! I will be on at 8am EST for Free Company invites.

I'll be creating my new character on Hyperion at the start of Phase 4 and hoping they don't have to do a reset. (Also moving my main over via WT)
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: June 28, 2013, 09:59:01 AM »

Heading to bed myself. Hopped on, played around a bit with DRG trying to get all the moves on the hotbar. Not going to have much playtime this weekend due to work. Hope you guys/gals who are new enjoy it.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: June 29, 2013, 01:10:33 PM »

PS3 version runs decently.  It's remarkable that they even have it working considering the RAM limitations.  There is a performance improvement, albeit not significant or anything.  Zoning is certainly faster, though.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #206 on: June 29, 2013, 01:58:12 PM »

Played this until 5am last night. Unlocked armoury and did some multiclass stuff with THA/CONJ. I am buying the crap out of this game.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: June 29, 2013, 08:11:27 PM »

The level 15 or so story boss fight was great.  Got my ass kicked the first time around, changed tactics, came in with hipotions, and won.  Glad there's content that you can't faceroll.  The story fights are fantastic.
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: June 29, 2013, 08:40:57 PM »

The level 15 or so story boss fight was great.  Got my ass kicked the first time around, changed tactics, came in with hipotions, and won.  Glad there's content that you can't faceroll.  The story fights are fantastic.

I came here to post something exactly like this. The battle was amazingly well designed; it reminded me of the FFXI CoP fights before they gimped them and, later, removed the level cap. Maybe even the level 70 Maat fights. If they can keep up this quality throughout the main story, I'll be incredibly impressed.  I'm not sure if it's the same fight in every starting area, though.  

On another note, targeting healing spells as a Conjurer during FATEs is impossible.  I'm not sure if it's the targeting system, but I don't think I'm doing anything wrong, because I can target how I like outside of FATEs.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 08:44:00 PM by Cyril » Logged
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: June 29, 2013, 09:23:20 PM »

The level 15 or so story boss fight was great.  Got my ass kicked the first time around, changed tactics, came in with hipotions, and won.  Glad there's content that you can't faceroll.  The story fights are fantastic.

I know right!? There's actually a thread on the beta forums saying the fights are too hard lol. That OP got slammed. It seems everyone is really pleased with the difficulty curve. The game does a great job introducing mechanics and then throws you at content and demands you use it. I think you'll really like the new Ifrit encounter at 22. I'm so pleased that everyone is truly enjoying the game, even though its not doing anything "new", what it does do, it does it extremely well.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 133 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: