Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 10:22:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334652 Posts in 13706 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 133 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn  (Read 144752 times)
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: July 05, 2013, 10:09:44 PM »

Yeah, both CNJ and WHM are severely limited in support abilities.  There's not a lot of variation.  It's just Cure -> Cure II.

Maybe it's because I came from XI, where a typical rotation included Haste, Barspells, Debuffs, Regens, alongside the cures that I find the healing classes lacking here.

Well, personally I felt XI went bonkers with spells. You hardly used barspells and outside of Prot/Shell/Haste everything else seemed extraneous. You have an Erase, a single target heal, an AOE heal and a HoT for WHM. You're getting the other half of your buffs from BRD. The reason why you don't have a gaggle of spells is that as you level those spells improve.

This is just my personal opinion but I dont think an overabundance of spells necessarily lead to increased complexity or strategy. I think they're streamlining the abilities so that you have what you need for any give  situation rather than having spells you might use once a week.

Also, you're not going to see alot of options right now because CNJ abilities are limited to the level 30 class skills and nobody knows the new job specific skills because those quest lines are locked too. The data mine is only as current as the beta client. Those of us who have jobs at 50 are limited to the old skills they decided to keep, it's not our whole toolset yet. Until we get to phase 4 and a complete client, its anybody's guess.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 04:42:16 AM by Tenchi-no-Ryu » Logged
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: July 05, 2013, 10:18:19 PM »

Oh crap, forgot they were bringing back Hamlet defense. SUPER EXCITED!
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: July 05, 2013, 10:31:48 PM »

There's actually an auto-sort function....except it's greyed out and unselectable. Sadface.

New dilemma...where the hell do I find elm lumber?

TASTY!
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: July 06, 2013, 12:01:58 AM »

There's actually an auto-sort function....except it's greyed out and unselectable. Sadface.

Botany?

EDIT- this might help.
http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/threads/23482-A-help-for-new-crafter-tester.-Where-to-find-some-materials
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 01:02:15 AM by Tenchi-no-Ryu » Logged
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: July 06, 2013, 03:44:15 AM »

Botany?

EDIT- this might help.
http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/threads/23482-A-help-for-new-crafter-tester.-Where-to-find-some-materials

Yeah, the botany suggestion is probably it. Been trying to make my own weapons for marauder now, just made a HQ Iron Labrys with the lumber I snagged off the market board. I lol'd when I HQ'd a dagger for level 20 gladiator though...wish it were something I could use.

TASTY!
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: July 06, 2013, 03:44:55 AM »

is there any way to share gear between chars on the same account? cause my highlander has foestriker tabard and my elezen has foestriker skirt and gloves.

if not a feedback post is in order

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: July 06, 2013, 03:58:02 AM »

is there any way to share gear between chars on the same account? cause my highlander has foestriker tabard and my elezen has foestriker skirt and gloves.

if not a feedback post is in order

Are your characters on the same world? Cause assuming you haven't bound them you can just mail them. I remember it being discussed in an interview but I can't recall the specifics. You should definately search the beta forums. If you can't find a thread to support, making a new one is apropos.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: July 06, 2013, 04:01:55 AM »

Botany?

EDIT- this might help.

Yeah, the botany suggestion is probably it. Been trying to make my own weapons for marauder now, just made a HQ Iron Labrys with the lumber I snagged off the market board. I lol'd when I HQ'd a dagger for level 20 gladiator though...wish it were something I could use.

Are you just enjoying crafting that much that you're making your own gear, cause the class quests should give you access to plenty of gear, not to mention there are beta specific NPCs for gear for the dungeon level ranges in Vesper Bay. That's where the quest to unlock dyeing armor is located.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: July 06, 2013, 04:31:14 AM »

Armor is mostly dungeon raiding, but weapons I like making, mostly for the HQ purposes. Some of those HQs really give nice boosts. My Iron Labrys is a point stronger damage wise than the level 20 Inferno Axe, and better stats overall too (4 acc over 2 fire resistance? Yes please!). Plus, dem gil buyers are gonna wanna spend lots of ill earned cash on super hq weapons...might as well be my weaps they buy. I can always use dat cash.

Also, I do in fact enjoy the crafting. It's always feels rewarding.

TASTY!
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #294 on: July 06, 2013, 04:40:40 AM »

I'm awesome

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: July 06, 2013, 04:46:16 AM »

Armor is mostly dungeon raiding, but weapons I like making, mostly for the HQ purposes. Some of those HQs really give nice boosts. My Iron Labrys is a point stronger damage wise than the level 20 Inferno Axe, and better stats overall too (4 acc over 2 fire resistance? Yes please!). Plus, dem gil buyers are gonna wanna spend lots of ill earned cash on super hq weapons...might as well be my weaps they buy. I can always use dat cash.

Have you had a chance to play around with Materia yet?
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: July 06, 2013, 04:53:36 AM »

Don't get too cozy guys. Looks like SE just trolled us. This test ends on Sunday,

Regarding Test End Date& Time
Thank you for participating in the FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Beta Test.
This is to notify the end date and time for the 4th Beta Test, Test Phase 3 that has started on July 5th.
Thanks to everyone who participated in the test, we have confirmed the stability in the Duty Finder, and will be ending the 4th Beta Test on July 7th, 2013 at 2:00 a.m. (PDT) / July 7th, 2013 at 9:00 a.m. (GMT).

We thank you for your participation for the ongoing testing.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: July 06, 2013, 04:56:38 AM »

Not yet, mostly due to a lack of how to. Blacksmith is my highest crafter at 17 now, I'm assuming I'd need to do the level 20.quest...right?

On another note, I had a weird glitch tonight with audio. Was mining in central thanalan and all of a sudden no noise at all. Lasted the rest of my time online. Strange and sucky...

TASTY!
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: July 06, 2013, 05:18:46 AM »

Not yet, mostly due to a lack of how to. Blacksmith is my highest crafter at 17 now, I'm assuming I'd need to do the level 20.quest...right?

On another note, I had a weird glitch tonight with audio. Was mining in central thanalan and all of a sudden no noise at all. Lasted the rest of my time online. Strange and sucky...

I actually think I got the Materia quest along the main scenario. That sound glitch is weird. Did you submit a bug report?
I'm so bummed this test is over in 24 hours :(
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: July 06, 2013, 10:07:54 AM »

I'm awesome

So am I!
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 133 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: