Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 20, 2014, 08:52:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341050 Posts in 13939 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 135 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn  (Read 163283 times)
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: July 06, 2013, 10:47:21 AM »

So the big question is, are they ending phase 3 completely, or are they going to do another week?  Duty finder got pushed back a week, but they originally planned only four weeks for phase 3.  They intended on doing a 24/7 stress test, but that would be accomplished on phase 4 anyway.

Hoping they're ending phase 3, personally.
kofvscapcom
Rereveagence

kofvscapcom
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: July 06, 2013, 11:50:44 AM »

most important questions guys, can you still simian thrash? the whole reason I bothered to max my monk

It seems I'll be on Sargatanas since my group of friends play on that, hopefully there'll be some cross server interaction like in Guild Wars 2.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 02:31:57 PM by kofvscapcom » Logged

Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.
Tsi Aileron

113308759 TsiAileron@hotmail.com Tsi+Aileron TsiAileron
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: July 06, 2013, 02:48:32 PM »

I just put in a request for the Solaris Facebook group. I plan on sticking with it this time and not bailing at like level 20... hah. I've got a couple friends that are going to be rolling with my on Hyperion, too. :)

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: July 06, 2013, 05:05:04 PM »

Well, because of all the gushing you guys have been doing I decided to redeem my beta code today to at least try it out since it was only 6gigs.  It definitely lived up to all the talk being slung around here.  Beautiful, surprisingly low load times, and a whole lotta fun.  I only played for a little bit, but it definitely gave me that overwhelming, new MMO-omg-so-much-i-could-do feeling that I like.  Probably not gonna touch it again until retail, but really, really can't wait until retail.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Solstafir

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: July 06, 2013, 06:02:30 PM »

Well, because of all the gushing you guys have been doing I decided to redeem my beta code today to at least try it out since it was only 6gigs.  It definitely lived up to all the talk being slung around here.  Beautiful, surprisingly low load times, and a whole lotta fun.  I only played for a little bit, but it definitely gave me that overwhelming, new MMO-omg-so-much-i-could-do feeling that I like.  Probably not gonna touch it again until retail, but really, really can't wait until retail.
I believe that they don't have any intent (barring something catastrophic as far as bugs and such go) to wipe between Beta 4 (Open Beta) and release, so you shouldn't have to wait quite so long! I'm in the same boat, though. I've logged into beta a few times and played for short periods of time, but knowing that I'd just have to do it all over again since it's being wiped really makes me reluctant to play much. Of course, it doesn't help that it's the low level story/class quests that I'd be doing over, haha... but yeah, once Open Beta / Retail hits, I'm definitely going to be playing this a hell of a lot! Can't wait!

Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: July 06, 2013, 07:13:55 PM »

So the big question is, are they ending phase 3 completely, or are they going to do another week?  Duty finder got pushed back a week, but they originally planned only four weeks for phase 3.  They intended on doing a 24/7 stress test, but that would be accomplished on phase 4 anyway.

Well, I think we will have a test 5. Yoshida stated last week that we were halfway through Phase 3. I just think they will probably cut that test short. Even if they gave us a full week that still gives us a month and a half before release. It really depends on how long they want to make Phase 4. Alot of people are expecting a month but I think that'd be fiscal suicide for them because all the capped players will have exhausted endgame by then. Not to mention people on *new* servers will have at least one class capped out.  My money is on 1 week for final test Phase 3, 2-3 week hiatus, 1 week open beta, head start and launch.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 07:15:49 PM by Tenchi-no-Ryu » Logged
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: July 06, 2013, 07:17:33 PM »

Well, because of all the gushing you guys have been doing I decided to redeem my beta code today to at least try it out since it was only 6gigs.  It definitely lived up to all the talk being slung around here.  Beautiful, surprisingly low load times, and a whole lotta fun.  I only played for a little bit, but it definitely gave me that overwhelming, new MMO-omg-so-much-i-could-do feeling that I like.  Probably not gonna touch it again until retail, but really, really can't wait until retail.

That's awesome dude, its really encouraging to see so many people digging this game.  As Sol said, phase 4 is where the real action begins, so hopefully not too much longer.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: July 06, 2013, 07:19:56 PM »

I just put in a request for the Solaris Facebook group. I plan on sticking with it this time and not bailing at like level 20... hah. I've got a couple friends that are going to be rolling with my on Hyperion, too. :)

Awesome, I just added you. Feel free to invite your friends to the FB Group. I have permissions for invites open for members.
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: July 06, 2013, 10:28:42 PM »

I did a million Hala runs today.  So far it's my favorite dungeon, outside of Tam, but Toto-Rak after it is pretty horrible.  I suppose there will always be uncomfortable level ranges (in case anyone didn't know why you can skip from 26 to 29, it's because that dungeon isn't ready for playing in yet, apparently). I find myself strangely open to grinding in dungeons, even though the path is the same the entire time.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: July 06, 2013, 10:49:27 PM »

So I encountered an odd glitch of sorts. Just got my birdy whistle and was testing out my chocobo, and after dismounting I noticed that in menus, the cursor would disappear. It's consistent too, everytime I dismount from a chocobo. It's only til you zone, but it's very irritating. I'd like to file a bug report but am unsure of how to do so yet.

TASTY!
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

WOLOLO

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #310 on: July 07, 2013, 12:10:09 AM »

Last thing I'm going to do in the beta. Did a dungeon with Mike. Enjoyed it a lot. Got an awesome robe. I'M DUHN.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 07, 2013, 12:13:13 AM »

So the big question is, are they ending phase 3 completely, or are they going to do another week?  Duty finder got pushed back a week, but they originally planned only four weeks for phase 3.  They intended on doing a 24/7 stress test, but that would be accomplished on phase 4 anyway.

Ditto. I got to see the story for Ul'dahn, and don't really want to push far beyond that when everything will be scrapped. I'd rather push it for Phase 4 in case I actually stick with that character, nevermind the lack of VA in the beta versus the full game.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: July 07, 2013, 12:27:24 AM »

So I encountered an odd glitch of sorts. Just got my birdy whistle and was testing out my chocobo, and after dismounting I noticed that in menus, the cursor would disappear. It's consistent too, everytime I dismount from a chocobo. It's only til you zone, but it's very irritating. I'd like to file a bug report but am unsure of how to do so yet.

Just check the stickie post in the bug report section of the beta forums for the format they need for posting bugs.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: July 07, 2013, 01:52:51 AM »

is there any way to share gear between chars on the same account? cause my highlander has foestriker tabard and my elezen has foestriker skirt and gloves.

if not a feedback post is in order

Are your characters on the same world? Cause assuming you haven't bound them you can just mail them. I remember it being discussed in an interview but I can't recall the specifics. You should definately search the beta forums. If you can't find a thread to support, making a new one is apropos.

people on the beta forums keep arguing with me saying thees no need for this and im just like wtf. all your chars on your account/server share 2 retainers so really guys? reallly? it almost sounds like they want there to be no enticement for more than one even though the long term payment plans allow for 8 characters. i've experimented with leveling and getting anything after the 1st 2 to 15 is a chore. on the 2nd class you can do quests/leveles till 10 then guildhest till 15. but after the 1st time completetion bonus guildhest isnt that great.l

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: July 07, 2013, 02:58:23 AM »

is there any way to share gear between chars on the same account? cause my highlander has foestriker tabard and my elezen has foestriker skirt and gloves.

if not a feedback post is in order

Are your characters on the same world? Cause assuming you haven't bound them you can just mail them. I remember it being discussed in an interview but I can't recall the specifics. You should definately search the beta forums. If you can't find a thread to support, making a new one is apropos.

people on the beta forums keep arguing with me saying thees no need for this and im just like wtf. all your chars on your account/server share 2 retainers so really guys? reallly? it almost sounds like they want there to be no enticement for more than one even though the long term payment plans allow for 8 characters. i've experimented with leveling and getting anything after the 1st 2 to 15 is a chore. on the 2nd class you can do quests/leveles till 10 then guildhest till 15. but after the 1st time completetion bonus guildhest isnt that great.l

I'm finding most threads on the beta forums to be less and less constructive. It would seem that the lodestone forum trolls have been unleashed. I'll dig around and see if I can find that article I mentioned. I think it might be that you can trade items between characters via the retainers, but I'm not 100%

Did you try running any FATEs or do each classes hunting logs? There should be enough starting quests across the 3 cities to fuel at least 3 classes to dungeon level. Don't forget about rest XP bonus as well.
I really don't have much advise for you outside of working with the systems they've given. When I capped all we had were guildleves and grind parties. I wonder if anyone has actually tried to do a roaming grind party in a higher level area and see if its viable. I mean, you have an exp chain system, so the ground work is there.  I'm pretty sure they've run the math for exp content for all classes, but how people enjoy the process isn't something you can spreadsheet.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 135 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: