Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2014, 12:35:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331922 Posts in 13594 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 130 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn  (Read 138055 times)
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: July 07, 2013, 03:04:51 AM »

Last thing I'm going to do in the beta. Did a dungeon with Mike. Enjoyed it a lot. Got an awesome robe. I'M DUHN.

Grats on clearing Sastasha. Did you get a chance to run Tam Tara and Copperbell?
It's a shame you're stopping there. The stuff leading up to Ifrit and the fight itself really give you a better glimpse at the higher level content, plus the story rocks!
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #316 on: July 07, 2013, 03:08:40 AM »

Not yet-- I'm already totally sold, so I don't want to burn out all the awesome first-time experiences before the real deal is live.

And thanks-- Mike was worried we might not be able to do it, but we totally ran the show on it.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: July 07, 2013, 03:36:57 AM »

Cleared Ifrit, marauder's level 23 now, and I've done all guildhests up to 20. I've learned that people are still incredibly stupid and can't pay attention to directions ever (gil turtle).

TASTY!
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: July 07, 2013, 03:51:47 AM »

i tried FATES but what happens is after running a few, ones would spam on the other side of the map that were too high in level. so you have to wait around for a while for them to spawn in your level range again.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: July 07, 2013, 05:08:50 AM »

Not yet-- I'm already totally sold, so I don't want to burn out all the awesome first-time experiences before the real deal is live.

And thanks-- Mike was worried we might not be able to do it, but we totally ran the show on it.

Yeah totally understood. My entire beta experience thus far has mainly been relearning all the jobs. I did run through the main scenario, but it was by far the least time intensive. I love the game pad interface but fuck its complicated when you have to keybind 25+ actions TWENTY TWO TIMES! I may just end up going mouse keyboard. I think I spent at least 2 hours clearing out all the "dated" equipment and another 4 running around unlocking classes so I could open more gear sets then assigning actions. I really hope they give us a cut and paste option for the crossbar. Or at the very least SAVE the class settings when you switch over to the job instead of wiping the ENTIRE palette.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 05:20:57 AM by Tenchi-no-Ryu » Logged
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: July 07, 2013, 05:11:00 AM »

i tried FATES but what happens is after running a few, ones would spam on the other side of the map that were too high in level. so you have to wait around for a while for them to spawn in your level range again.

That's unfortunate. So it looks like storing guildleve allowances will be the primary source of exp for additional classes, at least till dungeon level ranges. How's the hunting log for exp?
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: July 07, 2013, 05:16:10 AM »

Cleared Ifrit, marauder's level 23 now, and I've done all guildhests up to 20. I've learned that people are still incredibly stupid and can't pay attention to directions ever (gil turtle).

In the post WoW-world, the lowest common denominator is pretty freakin' low. That's why having a good group of people in your FC/LS make all the difference.

How did you like the fight and storyline so far? How many duty finder (DF) parties did you have to run for Ifrit? Judging from the beta forums he's been racking up the body count. I don't really know where the problem was. I only fought him once and it didn't seem that hard. I really hope they don't cave and nerf these fights. There's something to be said about having a sense of acheivement for overcoming difficulty.
Alisha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: July 07, 2013, 05:44:39 AM »

hunting log is ok but its more supplementry. like if a quest wants you to kill 3 rats go ahead and kill 5. not very helpful if you are out of city quests.

Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #323 on: July 07, 2013, 05:54:43 AM »

I disagree. Hunting log gets you a ton of XP and can be entertaining to just do with a friend. GOTTA COLLECT 'EM ALL

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: July 07, 2013, 06:28:50 AM »

I mean as a source of exp when you're out of city quests, since they are class specific. I know you've got GC leves as well but I never had the chance to try them.
Alisha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: July 07, 2013, 06:49:43 AM »

i believe you get some bonus exp for getting them all in a given rank but for rank 1 it's only i believe 4000 exp. alternatively it's always possible they will just keep in the level 1->15 jump quests
http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/threads/62426-Level-Jump-NPC

Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: July 07, 2013, 06:58:14 AM »

i believe you get some bonus exp for getting them all in a given rank but for rank 1 it's only i believe 4000 exp. alternatively it's always possible they will just keep in the level 1->15 jump quests
http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/threads/62426-Level-Jump-NPC

Yeah, that'll never happen. That was just there in beta to speed people so they could test Tam Tara. If they left it in it would be a big fat admittance of poor design.
Alisha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: July 07, 2013, 07:16:55 AM »

i agree yet its bizzare thats its in phase 3 with a different requirement.

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: July 07, 2013, 09:16:35 AM »

So I'm thinking of starting my main character new when Phase 4 starts. I mean, I'll keep my levels and stuff but was thinking of starting on a class I don't have any levels in so as to enjoy the early game without feeling like I'm just trying to get it "out of the way" and can benefit from the main quest line too.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: July 07, 2013, 11:36:26 AM »

Grats on clearing Sastasha. Did you get a chance to run Tam Tara and Copperbell?

Anyone else have an absolutely miserable experience in Copperbell? It was harder than Toto for me.
The difficulty seemed incredibly uneven. Or maybe I just had a bad party?
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 130 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: