Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 11:21:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334637 Posts in 13706 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 133 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn  (Read 144498 times)
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: July 12, 2013, 11:51:30 AM »

It probably helped that the new director actually plays MMOs.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: July 12, 2013, 11:57:39 AM »

Here's a couple new screenshots for ya...

Haukke Manor

Halatali

Ceruleum Processing Plant

Brayflox Longstop

Costa Del Sol

Limsa Lominsa at a distance

No clue, looks cool.

Ifrit

Floating City of Nym from Camp Bronze Lake

Here's the entire Gallery.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: July 12, 2013, 07:46:50 PM »

Ok, what do I do with the code Star sent?

All I see on the website is sign for the beta and preorder the game =/
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 07:52:42 PM by Annubis » Logged
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: July 12, 2013, 09:42:05 PM »

just found out scroll lock hides the hud

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: July 12, 2013, 09:51:48 PM »

Ok, what do I do with the code Star sent?

All I see on the website is sign for the beta and preorder the game =/

Go here:

http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/preparebeta/index_na.html
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: July 13, 2013, 12:32:56 AM »

Longstop seems really unbalanced.  That first boss is just brutally overpowered while the rest of the level, even the final boss, is average in difficulty.

Still, a very fun, pretty level, sans that strange first boss.  Most of La Noscea is pretty, though, especially the areas where there are level 40+ enemies.  That one (NPC-less) town with the hot springs is gorgeous at night.

Also, helping people with Ifrit is my new favorite thing.  I don't want people to have my experience with it.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 12:34:29 AM by Cyril » Logged
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: July 13, 2013, 02:49:39 AM »

Longstop seems really unbalanced.  That first boss is just brutally overpowered while the rest of the level, even the final boss, is average in difficulty.

Still, a very fun, pretty level, sans that strange first boss.  Most of La Noscea is pretty, though, especially the areas where there are level 40+ enemies.  That one (NPC-less) town with the hot springs is gorgeous at night.

Also, helping people with Ifrit is my new favorite thing.  I don't want people to have my experience with it.

Going to have to disagree there. First boss hits hard but as long as you don't have a healer asleep at the wheel and a tank that actually uses Rampart and gets out of the way of TP moves, he's not bad at all. That fucking dragon with his HP recovery in pools of his spit got old fast. No matter how good you are at moving him after he spits he always seems to drag his ass on reposition and gets a few ticks of HP back. If your DPS isn't spot on it can make for a really, really long fight. As always I guess it's just how your party is comprised. I've had fights where the ARC was the beast DD on one boss then totally neutered on another. THMs are pretty awesome all around. The added CC is also nice. Any idea why on some final boss fights you get two chests and some times you get one?

I love La Noscea! It's got the best collection of zones I've seen so far. It's so pretty and open.
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: July 13, 2013, 03:15:41 AM »

I'm the healer.  I'm never asleep (except this one time at 3AM in Haukke, but let's not go there).  That boss has consistently been the absolute hardest to cure for of anything released so far because it just keeps doing 300-400 damage.  Maybe my tanks are idiots?  Could be that. I tend to see no dodging or stunning or anything of the sort, just straight tanking to the point where spamming Cure II is the only option. I actually love the final boss of the dungeon, it's the type of thing I play on healing classes for.  I think it'll weed out the decent healers from the ones who spend half of their MP nuking with Stone II.

And yeah, it probably just depends on party composition and the quality of players. I made that example earlier in the thread about an idiot being someone who AOEs Sleeping monsters over and over despite being told not to thinking it wasn't going to happen to me. It happened.  On the other hand, I had an absolutely amazing time helping my friend in Hala with it, where everyone knew their jobs, the run was very fast, and we were all friendly and talkative.  I also really like helping with Sas, since people seem to genuinely want to know and learn.

Duty Finder is so hit and miss.

Belated Edit:  After pretty much fully exploring everything at this point, it's making it a lot harder trying to decide on where to start my character.  Because damn if Limsa isn't looking appealing over Gridania - particularly if Arcanist can be used as a healer.  Ul'Dah's low-level areas are hideous, but the town is great.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 03:30:11 AM by Cyril » Logged
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: July 13, 2013, 03:26:53 AM »

I'm the healer.  I'm never asleep (except this one time at 3AM in Haukke, but let's not go there).  That boss has consistently been the absolute hardest to cure for of anything released so far because it just keeps doing 300-400 damage.  Maybe my tanks are idiots?  Could be that. I tend to see no dodging or stunning or anything of the sort, just straight tanking to the point where spamming Cure II is the only option. I actually love the final boss of the dungeon, it's the type of thing I play on healing classes for. I think it'll weed out the decent healers from the ones who spend half of their MP nuking with Stone II.

And yeah, it probably just depends on party composition and the quality of players. I made that example earlier in the thread about an idiot being someone who AOEs Sleeping monsters over and over despite being told not to thinking it wasn't going to happen to me. It happened.  On the other hand, I had an absolutely amazing time helping my friend in Hala with it, where everyone knew their jobs, the run was very fast, and we were all friendly and talkative.  I also really like helping with Sas, since people seem to genuinely want to know and learn.

Duty Finder is so hit and miss.

This! If your tank if straight tanking and your OOM after 5 minutes he's not doing his job. I actually queued as a DPS yesterday and got this tank who felt like he had to hit every mob in the pack instead of just using flash and reserving *ranged* taunts like Shield Lob and Provoke for break away. So needless to say I had no clue which mob he was main tanking and the THM had no idea which one to sleep. He ended up bitching at us in German, not even bothering to mark the targets or use the translator. Then he rage quit disconnect so we couldn't queue for a tank because he didn't disband. Thankfully they will be fixing that. I have yet to see a DF tank use ANY of their damage mitigation skills, which is depressing cause its on SUCH a short cool-down for burst damage. At 50, you have a massive toolset of damage mitigation and players need to start learning to use them because you WILL die without them.

I've only seen a handful of really lazy, incompetent players that were not willing to listen and tried to play up their skill, but for the most part folks have been good about following instructions, especially if you give them visual queues. I'm really curious to see how the Hard Mode Primals turn out.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 03:29:39 AM by Tenchi-no-Ryu » Logged
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: July 13, 2013, 03:33:20 AM »

Can I also say that healers that spam Medica for a single target when nobody else is hurt just make me want to bash my head into my keyboard. Does anyone not *read* tooltips??
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #400 on: July 13, 2013, 03:42:13 AM »

Can I also say that healers that spam Medica for a single target when nobody else is hurt just make me want to bash my head into my keyboard. Does anyone not *read* tooltips??

BUT MEDICA LOOKS COOL

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: July 13, 2013, 04:05:18 AM »

I think I've used Medica twice ever:
Once in Graffias because of that annoying AOE ground cover and everyone was near me trying to avoid it.
Once in Ifrit where I just happened to time everything right after the big flame burst spouts.

When enmity generation starts becoming more important (35+ probably, since Yoshi said that the dungeons up to 35 are dungeons for learning) I see the healers stop being so silly with it.  I think they see it as the easy option, or they're lazy, but they don't realize that it's only going to get them hit more, which causes more work in the long run.

. . .It does kind of look nice, though.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 04:07:08 AM by Cyril » Logged
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: July 13, 2013, 04:10:09 AM »

BUT MEDICA LOOKS COOL

LOL! This is true. I will freely admit to using abilities that I enjoy watching (when able).
What sucks is that I've done everything I'd really care to do in beta right now, outside of helping FC mates, and I have no clue when phase 4 is going to hit. I really don't want to burn out on the pre-35 stuff since I've got to run it on ACN, but I still want to keep playing! Ugh! It hurts!
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: July 13, 2013, 07:01:14 AM »

so whats up with this bosses name...

placeholder monster maybe? also the boss of this place brutally raped me. used a knockback and hit me into one of those exploding plants,tried to get away in a panic and got killed by poison floor.

i'm finding in longer fights its real easy for me to rip hate off even mrd tanks. it started happening when pug gets that trait that lets you stack 2 greased lightning and you get another one at lvl 40 XD. thankfully fists of earth and second wind lets me tank till tank can re-establish hate and gives me a chance to use haymaker.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: July 13, 2013, 09:39:01 AM »

What world are you guys on?
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 133 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: