Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 06:11:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334648 Posts in 13706 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 133 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn  (Read 144669 times)
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #435 on: July 15, 2013, 08:31:11 PM »

ARR's music is stupidly, amazingly good.  I didn't think they could beat XI's Zi'tah for the title of "best FF MMO track," but I'm pretty sure they did with at least two or three different songs.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #436 on: July 15, 2013, 11:03:00 PM »

I agree with everything you just said, Cyril.

I have said this maybe one other time since Chrono Cross came out, but ARR's music is one of my favorite albums so since CC and possibly on par with it, for me.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #437 on: July 15, 2013, 11:06:20 PM »

I got access to the beta this weekend and while I haven't played as much as I wanted I gotta say: I'm glad I was wrong about this game.

I was so skeptical this could in any chance come close to being decent, especially for me because until Guild Wars 2 I could not find an MMO that I liked and it seems ARR is going to be the second one.

Of all the things this game does great one I have to mention is the soundtrack. I dn't think I have listened to something this good, like ever.

i am pretty excited for this game but unfortunately I don't think I'll be getting it at launch. Pricing model aside, I want to see how the community grows before jumping in ( not to mention I haven't even fished the storyline in GW2 yet).

The real sad thing for me about a paying subscription is not really the money itslef but the fact that if in given month I don't want to play it I just wasted money. I wish someday the chinese model gets brought over here where you pay for the hours you are logged in. Even if a little more expensive if I don't want to play this month due to whatever reason, when I get back I still have those "hours" there.

Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #438 on: July 15, 2013, 11:15:52 PM »

I'll admit that the price will play a big factor in my decision.
The game itself is already pretty costy.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #439 on: July 15, 2013, 11:45:39 PM »

... It's $30!

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #440 on: July 15, 2013, 11:46:44 PM »

Also, if you plan to play it a lot, it might end up saving you money in the long run.  $13 is cheaper than buying a new game release every month.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #441 on: July 16, 2013, 12:06:21 AM »

$12.95 is chump change for a month's entertainment.  I pay that for a single movie theater ticket.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #442 on: July 16, 2013, 12:33:48 AM »

13 bucks a month is pretty much what I would spend to go buy 2 games in a month at separate points in the month. Being that this will probably consume a larger amount of time than an average game, buying a new game won't be as high a priority for a while. Besides, the only 2 games I am really watching right now are both released next month.

TASTY!
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #443 on: July 16, 2013, 12:38:44 AM »

Ok, I have a derp derp question. If I play a few months into my character, then cancel my subscription and come back a few months later, will I still have access to said character or will I have to start over?  Thanks.

Currently Playing-The Last Story, The Evil Within, Fable Anniversary
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #444 on: July 16, 2013, 12:41:38 AM »

If it's anything like XI, you should still have access to it.  I didn't log onto my character for 4 years and it was there when I came back.
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #445 on: July 16, 2013, 12:42:22 AM »

Ok, that's great to know because once Dark Souls II is out next year, I'll be taking a year off from XIV,lol.

Currently Playing-The Last Story, The Evil Within, Fable Anniversary
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #446 on: July 16, 2013, 12:58:35 AM »

If it's anything like XI, you should still have access to it.  I didn't log onto my character for 4 years and it was there when I came back.
According to XI ToS they can terminate your character after I believe three months of inactivity. If you're on a low traffic server, it's unlikely they'll bother. But if you're on a big server like hyperion, I wouldn't throw that likelyhood out of the equation.

TASTY!
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #447 on: July 16, 2013, 01:12:43 AM »

I was on a moderately-sized server.  It didn't merge into the other servers when they merged them, so it was sufficiently sized.

I remember there being one major character wipe in XI in about 2005 of inactive characters, but after that they started the Adventurer Appreciation program where they were basically rewarding you for coming back after a break.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #448 on: July 16, 2013, 01:19:18 AM »

I was on a moderately-sized server.  It didn't merge into the other servers when they merged them, so it was sufficiently sized.

I remember there being one major character wipe in XI in about 2005 of inactive characters, but after that they started the Adventurer Appreciation program where they were basically rewarding you for coming back after a break.
The Adventurer appreciation program was for everyone who was playing though, not just returning players.

TASTY!
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #449 on: July 16, 2013, 01:31:15 AM »

Oh, gah. My mistake. Now I feel like an idiot.
I meant "Return to Vana'diel" Program.

Even if you had your character deleted you could get it restored under certain circumstances in these campaigns. 

I think, unless the game happens to become huge, you're worrying a bit too much.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 133 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: