Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 22, 2014, 05:20:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327135 Posts in 13390 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 129 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn  (Read 115671 times)
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #465 on: July 18, 2013, 05:34:41 PM »

Lightning Returns isn't a sham of a title. It plays very well, has awesome graphics, and great music so far, and has some interesting ideas that were quite enjoyable in the E3 demo.

This is coming from someone that did not care for either XIII or XIII-2.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #466 on: July 18, 2013, 05:43:18 PM »

Lightning Returns isn't a sham of a title. It plays very well, has awesome graphics, and great music so far, and has some interesting ideas that were quite enjoyable in the E3 demo.

This is coming from someone that did not care for either XIII or XIII-2.
Taelus, I am just gonna say this because I like your overall taste in game music and you're pretty cool and such. Plus....Rage mode is still active so caps lock.

HOW THE HELL DID YOU NOT LIKE THE FIRST 2 GAMES AND STILL ACTUALLY MADE A MODEST EFFORT TO TRY THIS THIRD GAME? HOLY FUCK, THIS LOGIC ESCAPES ME, IF I GET BURNED TWICE BY A STEAMING PILE OF SHIT I DON'T CARE WHAT KIND OF NONSENSE THEY ADD I WILL NOT GIVE THAT SHIT A THIRD TRY. NO, NO FUCKING WAY, YOU DO NOT MAKE ME CHANGE MY OPINION BY FORCING YOUR CRAP DOWN MY THROAT.

RAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

You have to read this in a way that makes you feel like you're talking with a good pal who's more entertained by the arguement and sort of giggling and talking with huge hand gestures and unnecessary embelishment. It's a true opinion but delivered in a joke manner to convey the sillyness of the entire thing.

TASTY!
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #467 on: July 18, 2013, 06:12:05 PM »

LOL

I try to keep an open mind about many games. That said, I tried it out at E3 and liked it so much that I ended up playing it twice. Plus, since E3 Square Enix have trying to make up for all the times they hurt me, and what can I say? Thus far they've been doing a pretty good job.

That said, I don't really buy into these titillation games of "check out 'x' character with boobtastic victory post!" It's not my thing and I don't really care for what it represents vis-a-vis a character, but conversely, Square Enix needs food badly, and there is a pretty large base of people out there that DO like it and will be influenced to buy as a result, so I understand why they're doing it.

EDIT:

Also it has awesome music have you not met me? I can be bribed.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #468 on: July 18, 2013, 10:28:01 PM »

It's hilarious how no one actually states outright that they love the idea of her in the game, only they don't care she's gonna be in it and we all should just not care.

Well, you have to realise that there has been so much overblown hate with XIII (and FF to an extent) for such a long time that saying stuff like "I like Lightning and the XIII series!" it makes you look like a joke in the Internet. And I'm pretty sure that a lot people doesn't get into discussions about XIII because of that.

I mean really, is not worth your time to discuss with someome something that is being a dick about the thing you enjoy.

So... yeah.

Lightning's hot, for sure...but in that rare instance where a man thinks with his head instead of his penis, it's a given that Lightning is a terrible character.

Oh boy. You don't even know. :p

don't fucking educate people on why their opinion isn't right and true.

In my experience people sometimes do need a slap a face and be told that they are full of shit. But hey, that really depends if you see that as a good thing to do or not.

Here's a pretty interesting read on the topic I came across this morning regarding this.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/07/18/the-lightning-returnsfinal-fantasy-xiv-crossover-is-perfectly-fine-please-stop-overreacting/

The links within the article link back to Yoshida's response to the whole fiasco.

I'm glad that someone made an article saying stuff like it is.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 10:50:45 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #469 on: July 19, 2013, 03:30:25 AM »

Bored at work and was noticing that they identified the infinite crafting loop that could have been used to exploit the economy by basically making HQ's with near 100% probability. It's a pretty amusing thread with one guy defending the exploit for all 3 pages. Granted, I'm not a huge fan of RNG but that's a pretty game breaking bug. Here is hoping they find and squash them all before Phase 4. I don't think my heart could take another wipe or rollback.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/threads/80762-infinite-crafting-loop

Edit - in hindsight, this is a pretty HUGE oversight to have made it this far into testing. God only knows what we will find next.
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #470 on: July 19, 2013, 03:41:04 AM »

The people on BlueGartr (end-game FFXI forum now with FFXIV flavor) have mentioned a few crafting exploits too.  I haven't read a lot of the threads about them so I don't know if they're the same one, but apparently having Alchemy leveled gives you an ability that is really, really broken in crafting at the moment.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #471 on: July 19, 2013, 04:17:07 AM »

I had blacksmithing to 23 I think and a couple others to 13, and having HQd a large number of pieces of gear....yeah I doubt the items would really be worth the hassle anyway.  None of the created items were better than dungeon drops by a longshot, outside of having materia slots which in itself isn't that huge anyway. To be frank, even the stat increases between HQ and NQ aren't big, at best a single damage or defense point higher and maybe an str or int point as well. FFXI really got stupid about those HOOGE BOOSTS between standard and +1 gear so the idea of HQ vs NQ being simply a few extra gil instead of literally millions is pretty nice.

TASTY!
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #472 on: July 19, 2013, 05:25:55 AM »

Yeah it's a combo of Alchemy and Goldsmithing.

In response to why HQ is so important, there's 3 reasons.

1. It raises the item level which increases the stat caps on Materia that can be slotted. In some cases HQ crafted gear with the right Materia can outshine endgame raid drops in raw stats (not conditional stats specific to raid gear)

2. HQ gear generally gets converted into higher Tier Materia.

3. It is required for crafting the AF weapons for Relic questline. These also require the highest Tier Materia.

So at low level it's not a big deal but at endgame it's a huge, economy shattering deal.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 05:30:53 AM by Tenchi-no-Ryu » Logged
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #473 on: July 19, 2013, 05:42:48 AM »

The people on BlueGartr (end-game FFXI forum now with FFXIV flavor) have mentioned a few crafting exploits too.  I haven't read a lot of the threads about them so I don't know if they're the same one, but apparently having Alchemy leveled gives you an ability that is really, really broken in crafting at the moment.

The exploit was Comfort Zone, Tricks of the Trade, Observe and Master's Mend 2.

Comfort Zone increases your CP by 10 every action for the next 10 actions.
Observe costs 2 durability but randomizes your elemental instability.
Tricks of the Trade restores 45 CP but only when your synthesis is unfavorable (see where this is going?)
Master's Mend 2 restores 60 Durability.

So basically you have a way to stack CP for HQ actions and restore Durability so you can virtually whack away at something forever.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 07:07:45 AM by Tenchi-no-Ryu » Logged
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #474 on: July 19, 2013, 06:03:38 AM »

Wait, I think Master's Mend restores only 30 durability, at least in armoring and blacksmithing...

TASTY!
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #475 on: July 19, 2013, 07:07:08 AM »

Wait, I think Master's Mend restores only 30 durability, at least in armoring and blacksmithing...

You get Master's Mend 2 at higher levels. Edited previous post for accuracy.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #476 on: July 20, 2013, 08:48:15 AM »

This probably doesn't apply to 99% of you who read this thread, but I figured i'd post it anyway.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/07/19/want-to-to-take-part-in-the-open-beta-of-final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn-you-better-hurry-up/

Beta applications close on July 22nd, beta registration closes July 30th. Registration re-opens at the start of open beta, probably for keys distributed via giveaways etc. but if you haven't applied for a key yet, it may not be a bad idea to increase your odds and do it while you still can.
Datastorm

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #477 on: July 20, 2013, 12:01:49 PM »

The people on BlueGartr (end-game FFXI forum now with FFXIV flavor) have mentioned a few crafting exploits too.  I haven't read a lot of the threads about them so I don't know if they're the same one, but apparently having Alchemy leveled gives you an ability that is really, really broken in crafting at the moment.

The exploit was Comfort Zone, Tricks of the Trade, Observe and Master's Mend 2.

Comfort Zone increases your CP by 10 every action for the next 10 actions.
Observe costs 2 durability but randomizes your elemental instability.
Tricks of the Trade restores 45 CP but only when your synthesis is unfavorable (see where this is going?)
Master's Mend 2 restores 60 Durability.

So basically you have a way to stack CP for HQ actions and restore Durability so you can virtually whack away at something forever.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/threads/89325-Crafting-Adjustments-Planned?p=1029935#post1029935

http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/threads/80762-infinite-crafting-loop?p=1029665#post1029665

doh
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #478 on: July 20, 2013, 05:31:50 PM »

This probably doesn't apply to 99% of you who read this thread, but I figured i'd post it anyway.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/07/19/want-to-to-take-part-in-the-open-beta-of-final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn-you-better-hurry-up/

Beta applications close on July 22nd, beta registration closes July 30th. Registration re-opens at the start of open beta, probably for keys distributed via giveaways etc. but if you haven't applied for a key yet, it may not be a bad idea to increase your odds and do it while you still can.

Thanks a lot for that.  I know someone who wants to do Open Beta but neither of us had any idea you needed to sign up for it.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #479 on: July 21, 2013, 12:44:56 AM »

that makes me think it will be more than one week.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 129 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: