Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 11:17:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338107 Posts in 13842 Topics by 2214 Members
Latest Member: CoreSignal
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 134 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn  (Read 155433 times)
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #480 on: July 21, 2013, 01:01:54 AM »

that makes me think it will be more than one week.

Well he did say it would only be *about* week at the NicoNico event, so give or take a few days. If they're really going to give us the full game they would be shooting themselves in the foot giving too much free playtime. I mean you want people to feel invested in the characters they made in hopes they feel compelled to subscribe, but there's alot of MMO tourists out there that will make a meal out of too much bait.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #481 on: July 21, 2013, 03:43:15 AM »

well i was thinking maybe it would be two weeks. the first week for previous testers then they let everyone else in. a week off then early access.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #482 on: July 21, 2013, 05:19:56 AM »

well i was thinking maybe it would be two weeks. the first week for previous testers then they let everyone else in. a week off then early access.
But why would you give previous testers more time than new testers? It's not a reward, testing the game (well for some it is), it's a test. More people at this point would be better overall as that's extra people to find lame bugs and glitches that the current testers (i.e. Everyone who's just playing the game) haven't come across yet. I personally would like to see a larger scale test now, as the game's a month and a week away...I don't wanna see day 2 patches and roll backs at the starting gate...it's generally bad news.

Another thing, that pre-week launch for preorders is nonsense. What's the point of a launch date if you're gonna drop it a week early for people who paid in advance? If you released the game a week early, you'll sell just as many copies as if you waited the week extra. It's just so....underhanded sounding. "Buy me early and you can play me a week before anyone else..." When retailers do that, they get fined a large amount of money for copyright laws.

TASTY!
Solstafir

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #483 on: July 21, 2013, 08:30:59 PM »

Another thing, that pre-week launch for preorders is nonsense. What's the point of a launch date if you're gonna drop it a week early for people who paid in advance? If you released the game a week early, you'll sell just as many copies as if you waited the week extra. It's just so....underhanded sounding. "Buy me early and you can play me a week before anyone else..." When retailers do that, they get fined a large amount of money for copyright laws.
Staggered launch. Instead of getting everyone in at the same time, you spread it out a bit, and put less stress on the servers and everything. But, yes, the stuff that you said isn't unlikely to be part of it, too. And hey, if I (or anyone) feel like we get to play this game that we've been anticipating "early", then well, it's hard to resist. And the retailer parallel isn't valid, because the retailers are merely sellers of the game, not the developer, publisher and seller :P

Alisha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #484 on: July 24, 2013, 06:57:19 AM »

are there international servers? because i'm concerned about the night life of this game on us servers.

Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #485 on: July 24, 2013, 08:28:10 AM »

If the beta is anything to go by as I haven't played 1.0, I noticed there were Japanese servers and everywhere else servers.

Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #486 on: July 24, 2013, 12:38:45 PM »

are there international servers? because i'm concerned about the night life of this game on us servers.

Well, you have data centers in Japan and then NA (Montreal to be exact). Players can make new characters on servers in any cluster. After the world transfers complete who knows how the national breakdown will be. There's unofficial Oceanic, timezone specific and EU servers if you check the forums. Choose one that's more in keeping with your playtime preference.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #487 on: July 24, 2013, 01:03:51 PM »

Go on the server with the coolest name.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #488 on: July 24, 2013, 01:32:27 PM »

Go on the server with the coolest name.
That's kind hard to do, since there's no Agent D. server yet...nyuck nyuck.

TASTY!
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #489 on: July 24, 2013, 04:08:18 PM »

What do you mean?  That's usually the most active time during the weekdays.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #490 on: July 24, 2013, 04:25:23 PM »

Couple micro bits of news today:

1) Voice Acting *will* be in place for Phase 4. Souce
2) Any news of early access start date and duration are completely fabricated - there has been no official announcements made yet. Source
3) Character re-edit from ver. 1.0 will not happen UNTIL launch, and NOT during Phase 4. Confirmation also that Phase 4 data will carry over to launch day. Source
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #491 on: July 24, 2013, 04:33:56 PM »

Will you have to re-register for phase 4 or if you're in phase 3 you get carried automatically?
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #492 on: July 24, 2013, 04:34:18 PM »

Will you have to re-register for phase 4 or if you're in phase 3 you get carried automatically?

Once you're in, you're in.
Alisha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #493 on: July 25, 2013, 06:37:37 AM »

at night i had some pretty long duty finder waits and absolutely dead fates.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #494 on: July 25, 2013, 06:38:26 AM »

at night i had some pretty long duty finder waits and absolutely dead fates.
It is still beta...that's kind of expected.

TASTY!
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: