Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2014, 02:01:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331718 Posts in 13581 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 130 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn  (Read 137088 times)
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #495 on: July 25, 2013, 07:27:08 AM »

I only had any waits at all at Longstop.  I think the longest was about 5 minutes at 2AM PST.

But, admittedly, I'm CNJ.

Also, melee like to afk.  I had so many re-queues because one of the melee didn't click "Commence."
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #496 on: July 25, 2013, 08:04:55 AM »

New video is up showing off the dungeons from Phase 3. Enjoy

http://youtu.be/Kbr_h_d5g2Q
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #497 on: July 25, 2013, 08:07:45 AM »

Don't forget that since none of the data carries over and we are still missing Arcanist, I'm sure the vast majority of players ran the dungeons once and left them be. I'd say wait for Phase 4 to give you a better idea about player activity during late night.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #498 on: July 25, 2013, 03:39:29 PM »

i wouldnt be worried if it was also like that on my day off when i played during the day but that wasnt case. one caveat though was that though wait times were greater at night the quality of players i grouped with far superior especially in later dungeons. but fates like lazy laurence were completely dead

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #499 on: July 25, 2013, 04:43:54 PM »

i wouldnt be worried if it was also like that on my day off when i played during the day but that wasnt case. one caveat though was that though wait times were greater at night the quality of players i grouped with far superior especially in later dungeons. but fates like lazy laurence were completely dead

Sometimes you gotta shout to get attention. Did that with my group while fighting the big golem in the marsh area. Tanked it at level 31 for a solid 15 minutes before some gld came over and worked enmity off me. The golem was almost dead by that point, but damn that was fun.

TASTY!
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #500 on: July 25, 2013, 05:29:01 PM »

Confirmation via the beta forums that beginning in Phase 4, you will have a language selection option for cutscenes. So you will be able to enjoy the game in Japanese language with English subtitles.
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #501 on: July 27, 2013, 05:47:53 PM »

I got a code for this like a month or so ago. If anyone wants it just PM me. Dunno if it's still good.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #502 on: July 27, 2013, 10:09:53 PM »

Q. Is the game going to support cross platform chat? I'm gonna be playing on PC and some friends r getting the PS3 version. I'm assuming it will but just checking..

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #503 on: July 27, 2013, 10:21:45 PM »

Q. Is the game going to support cross platform chat? I'm gonna be playing on PC and some friends r getting the PS3 version. I'm assuming it will but just checking..
If by chat you mean voice chat, pretty sure no. Otherwise, game is crossplatform, so you can play and deal with anyone on any platform.

TASTY!
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #504 on: July 27, 2013, 11:58:29 PM »

Oh wow, really. :(   I'd go for the PS3 version but I would have to delete a ton of games. I guess I can do that but I really don't want to rig up a comfortable keyboard/mouse situation on the couch. Not a fan of the controller setup comparatively. I've read its an 8gig install on PS3 but it'll wind up being a hell of a lot more than that with updates after launch.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #505 on: July 28, 2013, 02:32:31 AM »

Oh wow, really. :(   I'd go for the PS3 version but I would have to delete a ton of games. I guess I can do that but I really don't want to rig up a comfortable keyboard/mouse situation on the couch. Not a fan of the controller setup comparatively. I've read its an 8gig install on PS3 but it'll wind up being a hell of a lot more than that with updates after launch.

Well, the Logitech bluetooth wireless keyboard for the PS3 has a touchpad mouse built in, but the PS3 version uses keyboard entry for typing only, you can't use it for navigation or hotkeys. Stupid, I know. Anyway this keyboard with built in touchpad works great for mouse mode things within the UI.

I'm not sure what the PS3 size requirements will be at launch, but I can tell you PC needs 20 GB.
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #506 on: July 28, 2013, 12:09:13 PM »

I'll get the game for PC but I must say I loved the controller setup. There were some instances I used the mouse to select through menus but being able to lay back and relax, especially while doing mundane quest is awesome.

In the past I've tried a bunch of MMOs and only recently until Guild Wars 2 none had impressed me and one thing I wished for GW2 was the option to natively use a controller, specially when you just want to explore the world.
In these kind of games where we play for long sessions, if anything I think we should try to be as comfortable as possible.

Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #507 on: August 01, 2013, 05:13:02 AM »

char creation benchmark is out.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #508 on: August 01, 2013, 10:23:01 AM »

You forgot the link. Character Creation Benchmark
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 10:28:36 AM by Tenchi-no-Ryu » Logged
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #509 on: August 01, 2013, 09:47:47 PM »

Holy Shit! Looks like the benchmark had a lot more data than the character creator. Data Mined for massive new info.

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/1jj5is/august_1st_datamined_classjob_ability_changes/
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 130 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: