Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 07:34:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330158 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 130 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn  (Read 132292 times)
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #645 on: August 18, 2013, 01:04:56 PM »

Sure I can but I wanted to play as another race... Maybe I'll get used to this character and before I realize I'll end up playing as her.

Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #646 on: August 18, 2013, 03:45:48 PM »

The 3102 error thread is at over 1300 pages.  They really need to say something to the playerbase.  Hell, I don't even have the error and I stopped playing until it's addressed because I'm not about to repeat progress again if there's a wipe due to corrupted data or something.
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #647 on: August 18, 2013, 04:17:11 PM »

The 3102 error thread is at over 1300 pages.  They really need to say something to the playerbase.  Hell, I don't even have the error and I stopped playing until it's addressed because I'm not about to repeat progress again if there's a wipe due to corrupted data or something.

Over 1300 pages?! Oh boy, I do have the feeling that characters will be wiped.  Or, Square should reset the servers or make everyone return back to their Home starting point.

Currently Playing-Re-visiting Wii and Xbox 360 games (finish backlog)
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #648 on: August 18, 2013, 04:39:15 PM »

They may not have said anything yet because they have nothing to say yet. I'm guessing that's probably the case.

Still, probably not a bad idea to take it easy on making progress for now, just in case.

I'm just glad it's beta, that's what beta is for-- to fix these things before the game launches.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #649 on: August 18, 2013, 05:29:19 PM »

I agree. I've only had one disconnect, which was when I was zoning. My friend has suffered from this fatal error.

Currently Playing-Re-visiting Wii and Xbox 360 games (finish backlog)
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #650 on: August 18, 2013, 05:37:38 PM »

They may not have said anything yet because they have nothing to say yet. I'm guessing that's probably the case.

It's still good to keep the lines open even if they don't really have anything to say. Which, while a bit late, they did just a bit ago on twitter, 'we're working on it, sorry and we'll let you know when we figure something out'. Even though they didn't really say shit, that's good. You know they're awake and making a effort and you can just check twitter for further updates which is considerably faster than trying to log in and see if it's fixed yet.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #651 on: August 18, 2013, 05:41:27 PM »

I just don't understand why they don't have a subroutine to disconnect accounts after 15 minutes of inactivity.
They already had that in Quake 1 servers, you know, in like 1996.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 05:43:03 PM by Annubis » Logged
Solstafir

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #652 on: August 18, 2013, 07:06:43 PM »

I just don't understand why they don't have a subroutine to disconnect accounts after 15 minutes of inactivity.
Baffles me, too. It's standard MMO stuff. They've got a queue system in place, but never thought "oh hey, maybe we shouldn't let people leave the client open [overnight] when they're idle and take up a spot".

Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #653 on: August 18, 2013, 07:30:13 PM »

There are about 17,000 characters stuck on 3102 and the amount is quickly going up.
That's only accounting for those on the forum. There are probably many who are in silent anguish.

Crazy stuff.

Oh yeah, we should post this too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8d4RtvMQp10
Between D3 and every WoW patch, this video is timeless.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 07:36:59 PM by Annubis » Logged
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #654 on: August 18, 2013, 07:35:08 PM »

I don't think it's that simple. Otherwise, people would have been reporting the problem in previous beta tests as well.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #655 on: August 18, 2013, 08:17:34 PM »

I'd wager that the load is the problem (hence why it's happening now only). Error 3102 is the follow up of error 90000 which is due to the servers being overloaded.
And frankly, most of the time, the error is pretty simple.

This video is pretty representative of corporate incompetence: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8_Kfjo3VjU
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #656 on: August 18, 2013, 08:31:28 PM »

I'm not sure how this is incompetence. It's a stress test beta. Every single person who signed up knew (or should have known) that these kinds of things can and do happen. The entire point is to draw out errors like these ones BEFORE launch. This is the very definition of "how things should be going when there is a problem."

Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #657 on: August 18, 2013, 08:47:49 PM »

I'm not sure how this is incompetence.

3102 existed in 1.0
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #658 on: August 18, 2013, 08:57:27 PM »

Hopefully it's something that can be resolved.  They can still postpone the launch.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #659 on: August 18, 2013, 09:24:04 PM »

I'm not sure how this is incompetence.

3102 existed in 1.0

It's not apples to apples. Completely different engine now. Problems arise. This is why it's in beta.

And I agree, Parn. Although I'd rather them postpone the launch than release a broken game.

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 130 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: