Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 07:50:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334756 Posts in 13709 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 133 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn  (Read 145748 times)
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #660 on: August 18, 2013, 09:42:13 PM »

Beta is beta indeed. I'm not mad that I can't play anymore. Shit happens and well, it's a learning experience for them

It's not apples to apples.
Anyone who has ever managed a server knows exactly what the problem is. It's so basic, it's probably covered in 'servers for dummies'.
Right now, they are adding NA/EU servers as a band-aid fix, but that won't solve the issue.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 09:49:02 PM by Annubis » Logged
dyeager
RPGFan Editor

Code Monkey Like Fritos

View Profile
« Reply #661 on: August 18, 2013, 09:47:24 PM »

The quest to brush lice off of sheep has to win the new worst noob quest ever award. I'd rather kill rats in the tavern basement.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #662 on: August 18, 2013, 09:54:40 PM »

In all fairness, we have NO idea what's creating this issue, so assuming that it's something as basic as you say Anuubis is a little cocky. 20,000+ people getting the same error for over 24 hours can't be as simple as you or any of us think, otherwise we'd all be making money hand over fist by running our own MMO.

What I would like to know is, can't they just manually eject everyone from the servers to simply bypass the error? Also, if this hasn't happened in the prior phases, doesn't it establish that perhaps a full server takedown and check is in order? It's obvious this isn't a small problem, and it seems that having people still on isn't helping the situation. It's beta still, this is where you shit on people's parades and fix the problems, not at retail.

TASTY!
Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #663 on: August 18, 2013, 10:10:28 PM »

In all fairness, we have NO idea what's creating this issue, so assuming that it's something as basic as you say Anuubis is a little cocky. 20,000+ people getting the same error for over 24 hours can't be as simple as you or any of us think, otherwise we'd all be making money hand over fist by running our own MMO.

Sorry D, I disagree. It literally IS that obvious. Also, with computers, the hardest problems are those that the fewest people have, not the other way around.
Why it hasn't been fixed yet is mostly because every solution does take time. As they said in a Twitter update, they are adding more servers to lessen the load.
Getting the servers, ghosting them, adding them to the matrix... that's a lot of work especially because those servers aren't in Japan, so you have to consider that delay too.
Fixing the actual problem requires going in the code and making a new load. Fixing + compiling + deploying in less than 48 hours would have been pretty surprising.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #664 on: August 18, 2013, 11:03:52 PM »

FINAL FANTASY XIV ‏@FF_XIV_EN 4m
If you're still unable to log in, we ask that you please wait and try again later as we work to address the issue for remaining characters.
Expand  Reply  Retweet  Favorite   More
 FINAL FANTASY XIV ‏@FF_XIV_EN 5m
If you have submitted your World/Character Name on the Error 3102 thread we created, please check to see if you can log in.
Expand
 FINAL FANTASY XIV ‏@FF_XIV_EN 5m
While recovery is not fully complete, we have been able to address a large number of characters that were affected by error 3102. #FFXIV

Hurray! Progress!

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #665 on: August 19, 2013, 07:38:56 AM »

i was able to get on and hit 20 arcanist

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #666 on: August 19, 2013, 10:13:00 AM »

I played for a bit and got a 10 Marauder. I am enjoying the game quite a bit. I might just purchase it.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #667 on: August 19, 2013, 11:19:40 AM »

Arcanist seems like it will excel as a solo class.  They're pretty lackluster in dungeons as-is, where enemies die before they can get the full effect of DoT.  It also doesn't help that most people can't control Carby worth a damn and he always wakes sleeping enemies.  I'm okay with this, though.

I've become more fond of THM in Phase 4.  I wasn't really expecting to play it during the full game, but while it won't be my primary focus, I definitely can see its appeal.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #668 on: August 19, 2013, 11:27:54 AM »

So is the beta over now, or did they extend it due to MAJOR FUCK UPS?

TASTY!
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #669 on: August 19, 2013, 11:33:00 AM »

They extended it for 6 hours.

The 6 hour extension is over.
Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #670 on: August 19, 2013, 11:37:24 AM »

Well, the crafting system sold me on the game. It's really neat actually.

Got it for 25% off GMG too if anyone else is on the fence.
Just use the voucher GMG25-OGRUH-7SM8H
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #671 on: August 19, 2013, 11:43:20 AM »

So can you only unlock the other jobs in certain cities or should all of the jobs be in every city? I know that to change jobs after you unlock them you just have to equip an appropriate weapon, but to unlock them where do you go?

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #672 on: August 19, 2013, 11:49:19 AM »

Well, it looks like they fixed the 3102 bug, at least nobody in the FC on Hyperion had the problem anymore after the maintenance. I still had the 90K bug, which was basically intra-server limbo. Still managed to get ACN to 20, but holy fuck does not having dungeons for xp suck. I had to grind quests in all 3 nations on top of my exp bonus from my level 50. Anyway, I'd like to echo the sentiment that I believe there's more going on than meets the eye. I mean, it's a stress test and a new client, probably new network code as well. All prior testing was to test systems within the game and area population loads. Almost all of these tests were successful and we had a nearly flawless Phase 3 test. This was the grand daddy of stress tests and they got the data they need. I know it's a bit harrowing being so close to EA and launch, but the problems therein are mainly with the login server (3102) and the interface between their instance servers and primary worlds (90000). The majority of the problems were with the NA/EU data centers also. It probably doesn't help that the team's leadership is away for Gamescom. I'm sure the nerd rage will continue to bubble till EA, but I have every confidence they will resolve their issues beforehand. SE put waaaay too much money into this endeavor to screw it up that badly. I for one wouldn't want to be on their network team this next week, cause you know they're going to be sleeping under their desks till they get this right.

Till then: Screenshots!

« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 11:57:41 AM by Tenchi-no-Ryu » Logged
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #673 on: August 19, 2013, 11:50:37 AM »

So can you only unlock the other jobs in certain cities or should all of the jobs be in every city? I know that to change jobs after you unlock them you just have to equip an appropriate weapon, but to unlock them where do you go?
Each class has a different area to be unlocked like in FFXI. Lancer for example is gridania, gladiator is uldah, and marauder is limsa lominsa. To unlock each class, you need to be level 10 and have done the level 10 job quest for your starter job.

I wanna say you have to be level 16ish to get the quest to travel.to the other cities, but I think it's actually doable to simply run to each starter town similar to XI...assuming you wanna actually run to each town on foot.

TASTY!
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #674 on: August 19, 2013, 11:51:41 AM »

Once you hit level 10 and complete your level 10 class quests (starting job) you gain access to the Armory. You then can learn new classes by visiting each class guild. You have to travel to the corresponding cities to learn all the classes.
For example, you start out as PUG in Uldah and you want to unlock ACN - you'll need to travel to the Arcanist Guild located in Limsa Lominsa.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 133 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: