Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2014, 02:11:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334711 Posts in 13708 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 133 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn  (Read 145505 times)
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #675 on: August 19, 2013, 12:01:49 PM »

And you can normally travel at any level, but if you're in Limsa, you have to wait until you can access the airship, because the ferry is currently down.

If you started in Ul'dah or Grid you can freely move between those two.

Also, I agree with Tenchi that I'm sure they'll get everything sorted out before launch. The game itself is fine, it's just all the new stuff they're testing-- as he said, they got the data they needed.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #676 on: August 19, 2013, 01:19:00 PM »

Lame sauce. I had wanted to level pugilist next but because I started as a Marauder I would have had to figure out how to get to the other city, which is more difficult because of what I started as.

I did enjoy playing, though. I found the combat entertaining enough, and the hotbar system is actually quite well done, in my opinion.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #677 on: August 19, 2013, 01:22:00 PM »

Lame sauce. I had wanted to level pugilist next but because I started as a Marauder I would have had to figure out how to get to the other city, which is more difficult because of what I started as.

I did enjoy playing, though. I found the combat entertaining enough, and the hotbar system is actually quite well done, in my opinion.
What server did you run on?

TASTY!
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #678 on: August 19, 2013, 01:23:24 PM »

Well, the crafting system sold me on the game. It's really neat actually.

I can see it being awesome if you have +1 things you want to make for yourself or for profit. Lots of room for micro and maths there. It kind of stinks for leveling. Most notably because it's not fixed exp. If I try to mass produce brass ingots I get 250 exp each. Try and make them 1 at a time as quickly as possible and it's 500. Put in the full effort to try and hq and, even if I don't succeed, 1000-1400 exp. Which is clearly what the exp to level is balanced around so it doesn't feel like you're rewarded for that extra effort.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #679 on: August 19, 2013, 01:41:59 PM »

What server did you run on?

The only one I could get on was Goblin

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #680 on: August 19, 2013, 01:49:44 PM »

I was up until 6:30am, mining and it's freaking addicting!  COME ON 8/27, HURRY UP!!!

Currently Playing-The Last Story, The Evil Within, Fable Anniversary
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #681 on: August 19, 2013, 02:17:05 PM »

I pre-ordered today. I wasn't sure I was going to, but after playing the beta for a bit, I am sold. Hopefully I can get on the same server as some people here when the game actually comes out

Does anyone know if this comes with 30 days free like most MMOs?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 02:51:26 PM by Daggerstrike » Logged

Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #682 on: August 19, 2013, 04:32:48 PM »

Yes, it does.
I bought it myself this weekend as well. I think I might've spent a little too much on games since the steam sales, but this game may help me save some money until the end of the year promotions start.

Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #683 on: August 19, 2013, 04:59:15 PM »

I know this is completely off topic, but it has to do with my Square-Enix account.  Since they changed everything with your online account, all of my registered games are missing, along with the fact that they have me as a registered member since 2013, when I've been registering games since 2009-2010. I'm in a chat queue, waiting to be assisted with this matter. Just wondering if anyone has had this problem.  Sorry that this is off topic.

Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #684 on: August 19, 2013, 05:01:32 PM »

Yeah, all my old stuff disappeared too.  There are two accounts... there's a Square Enix account used for online games, and then there's the Square Enix website account which is the one that you registered games to.  I honestly don't know why they treated them as separate entities since all it has done is create confusion for some people, but hey.
Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #685 on: August 19, 2013, 05:07:23 PM »

Well, it's strange because I'm using the same email address for both accounts, then.  I'm hoping this agent can help get this resolved.  It's just annoying...

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #686 on: August 20, 2013, 04:13:07 AM »

It happened because they decided to merge the NA and EU accounts... prioritizing EU for whatever reason, either some Eidos influence or they had it set up better there I figure. Kind of exasperating regardless, but at least now I know it's not from them screwing up and having me make a European account by mistake when I was trying to get my password.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #687 on: August 20, 2013, 11:22:32 AM »

So the early access registration is a clusterfuck.  Going to wait until the smoke clears, methinks.
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #688 on: August 20, 2013, 01:15:06 PM »

I found this info regarding the pre-order codes.

In short, a person contacted SE about the site not properly working and all, and they gave him an answer telling we should wait for the e-mail, even though the site is up.
Also, they said even if we tried to redeem the code and receive an error, or some that tried to redeem PS3 and got it registered as PC to stay calm that it will be fixed as soon as we receive the e-mail.

Let's just hope it truly works.

Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #689 on: August 20, 2013, 01:34:51 PM »

Thanks for the info!

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 133 Print 
« previous next »