Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2014, 01:56:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331718 Posts in 13581 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 130 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn  (Read 137083 times)
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #735 on: August 22, 2013, 11:33:14 AM »

Test my theory and login anyway.  See what happens.

I did it and it showed me the pre order stuff. Except it still didn't say early access. I am going to assume it is working,though.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #736 on: August 22, 2013, 12:27:25 PM »

I guess I'll try when I get home too and see if I can fake it.

TASTY!
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #737 on: August 22, 2013, 01:20:52 PM »

Just a PSA; Both Nvidia and ATI just recently released beta drivers that seems to have improved the benchmark scores significantly, and therefore the client. Check em out.

NVIDIA: 326.80 Beta
ATI: Catalyst 13.8 Beta
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 02:03:26 PM by Tenchi-no-Ryu » Logged
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #738 on: August 22, 2013, 02:21:09 PM »

I'm sure many of you have seen this, but for those who haven't: NeoGAF has an *amazing* overview/guide for FFXIV:ARR you need to check out. Just about anything and everything is covered. Good reading for those who want to kill the wait for early access.

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| Naoki Yoshida uses a Phoenix Down

Also for those who want to catch up on the storyline so they have a better understanding of what happened prior to ARR:

Dual Shockers: The Story So Far
Fair warning; He zips through the game text in the videos, so you may have to be on pause patrol to read all the dialogue.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #739 on: August 22, 2013, 02:37:53 PM »

new video out of Gamescom today.

Primals Unleased
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #740 on: August 22, 2013, 06:29:17 PM »

New drivers?? Superb:). Also, got my game bought and ready go for early access. Won't be Saturday though..stupid work:/

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #741 on: August 22, 2013, 08:05:52 PM »

Yelled at the sister person for 10 bucks today to preorder this finally, came home and got my preorder crap dealt with. On psn, it gave me the option to redownload my existing ffxiv beta client, so I ignored that and went to the client itself and ran through the startup which now addressed my preorder and showed my cait sith doll and moogle hat.

Long story short I'm live saturday!

TASTY!
Datastorm

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #742 on: August 22, 2013, 11:06:12 PM »

Just a PSA; Both Nvidia and ATI just recently released beta drivers that seems to have improved the benchmark scores significantly, and therefore the client. Check em out.

Tried the 326.80 on my 560 TI, had issues with them so went back to 314.22. I was getting weird hangs with the mouse of all things and eventually win 7 would be come very unstable.  Found out theres been alot of issues with the 320's on 560 ti's. The 314.22 have been stable so far.

doh
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #743 on: August 22, 2013, 11:32:42 PM »

I haven't received any email from SE.
No email about this registering.
No email about the code.
No nothing =/

same.  Why do we need to register again if we're already registered?  That doesn't make sense to me.

I don't think I follow you. Why would you be registering again? When you pre-order the game your retailer should have given you an 18 digit code (6-3-6-3 digits) to redeem on the FFXIV:ARR preorder site which gives you the 20 digit early access/pre-order item code to enter into your Square Enix account. If you select PS3 it gives you a 12 digit code for the client. This is totally independent of the beta.

Don't worry, I was lost too from all the other posts so that's why I wasn't making any sense.

After reading your post earlier I did what you wrote and registered the game using the code they gave me when I preordered it.  This afternoon I got the email for the early access key as well.  Between all the different sites they use and entering beta keys here, there, & everywhere; I was lost.

Now just going to cross my fingers that the PC Physical LE comes through since I got it from Digital River.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #744 on: August 22, 2013, 11:56:08 PM »

Welp, my theory on the PS3 version is kaputt.  I was thinking phase 4 folks on PS3 might be able to do early access due to how they were handling codes on PSN since digital purchases and phase 4 codes were linked to the same file.  Turns out I was wrong, at least with regard to the affected party anyway.  They're not letting phase 4 clients get free early access, but this means paying customers are screwed!

Heh.  They'll fix it, but I found it amusing at any rate.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #745 on: August 23, 2013, 12:02:03 AM »

I mean, it's not like the game is going away after early access. I know I probably won't get a lot of time to play this weekend. It sucks if you pre-ordered and can't get one of the perks promised, but hardly the end of the world. Not that anyone on here is treating it as such.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #746 on: August 23, 2013, 02:28:30 AM »

Welp, my theory on the PS3 version is kaputt.  I was thinking phase 4 folks on PS3 might be able to do early access due to how they were handling codes on PSN since digital purchases and phase 4 codes were linked to the same file.  Turns out I was wrong, at least with regard to the affected party anyway.  They're not letting phase 4 clients get free early access, but this means paying customers are screwed!

Heh.  They'll fix it, but I found it amusing at any rate.

It really sucks its so close to the wire and this wasn't resolved yet, especially since the debacle with the pre-order codes. I will say I checked out the phase 4 client on PS3 and found it a pretty big improvement over the beta 3 client in many ways. Color me impressed.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #747 on: August 23, 2013, 02:29:23 AM »

Tried the 326.80 on my 560 TI, had issues with them so went back to 314.22. I was getting weird hangs with the mouse of all things and eventually win 7 would be come very unstable.  Found out theres been alot of issues with the 320's on 560 ti's. The 314.22 have been stable so far.

Thanks, I wanted to know this after my own issues with 320 drivers. What the fuck's gotten into nVidia drivers as of late? Or is it just that 560 Tis are unfriendly with this?
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #748 on: August 23, 2013, 09:56:13 AM »

Make sure to patch your client today.  1 GB for PC, about 753 MB for PS3.
Datastorm

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #749 on: August 23, 2013, 03:22:19 PM »

Tried the 326.80 on my 560 TI, had issues with them so went back to 314.22. I was getting weird hangs with the mouse of all things and eventually win 7 would be come very unstable.  Found out theres been alot of issues with the 320's on 560 ti's. The 314.22 have been stable so far.

Thanks, I wanted to know this after my own issues with 320 drivers. What the fuck's gotten into nVidia drivers as of late? Or is it just that 560 Tis are unfriendly with this?

From what I found out on the evga forums and various others, it's mostly 560 TI's that were having this issue, although, theres so many variants of this card and others these days who knows till you try them...
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 03:27:19 PM by Datastorm » Logged

doh
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 130 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: