Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 02, 2014, 05:03:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
328024 Posts in 13432 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 130 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn  (Read 120042 times)
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #750 on: August 23, 2013, 04:13:02 PM »

A friend of mine was trying to register his Early Access from the client and when he got to the Service Account option, his says "Thirtyone Zerotwonta". What the hell is that?  I told him to call Customer Support, in case he tries to link his account and something stupid happens. 

Currently Playing-Re-visiting Wii and Xbox 360 games (finish backlog)
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #751 on: August 23, 2013, 04:45:53 PM »

It's a character name.  He named one of his characters after the 3102 error.  There's nothing wrong.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #752 on: August 23, 2013, 04:48:40 PM »

Client's patched, what time does access begin?

TASTY!
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #753 on: August 23, 2013, 04:54:15 PM »

5 am est.  Login servers are going to be hammered.  I'll be waking up at normal hours.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #754 on: August 23, 2013, 05:01:15 PM »

Yeah, I wouldn't do a sleepless night. Servers will most likely die for at least 12 hours.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #755 on: August 23, 2013, 05:09:18 PM »

Same.  Would love to play today but no biggie lots of other games to play.

Just a PSA; Both Nvidia and ATI just recently released beta drivers that seems to have improved the benchmark scores significantly, and therefore the client. Check em out.

NVIDIA: 326.80 Beta
ATI: Catalyst 13.8 Beta

Tried the 326.80 on my 560 TI, had issues with them so went back to 314.22. I was getting weird hangs with the mouse of all things and eventually win 7 would be come very unstable.  Found out theres been alot of issues with the 320's on 560 ti's. The 314.22 have been stable so far.

Thanks, I wanted to know this after my own issues with 320 drivers. What the fuck's gotten into nVidia drivers as of late? Or is it just that 560 Tis are unfriendly with this?

From what I found out on the evga forums and various others, it's mostly 560 TI's that were having this issue, although, theres so many variants of this card and others these days who knows till you try them...

Yeah mine is a 570 and I don't feel like screwing around with drivers just yet.  Game runs fine as it is so I think I'll wait for a non-beta driver (yes I'm aware that beta drivers are often fine.  just erring on the side of caution).

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #756 on: August 23, 2013, 06:57:40 PM »

Ok, thanks!

Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #757 on: August 23, 2013, 07:56:42 PM »

Just a PSA; Both Nvidia and ATI just recently released beta drivers that seems to have improved the benchmark scores significantly, and therefore the client. Check em out.

NVIDIA: 326.80 Beta
ATI: Catalyst 13.8 Beta

Tried the 326.80 on my 560 TI, had issues with them so went back to 314.22. I was getting weird hangs with the mouse of all things and eventually win 7 would be come very unstable.  Found out theres been alot of issues with the 320's on 560 ti's. The 314.22 have been stable so far.

Thanks, I wanted to know this after my own issues with 320 drivers. What the fuck's gotten into nVidia drivers as of late? Or is it just that 560 Tis are unfriendly with this?

I have a 660 TI and I have zero problems with the drivers. Maybe it's just with FERMI chipsets?
Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #758 on: August 23, 2013, 08:54:41 PM »

I'm playing my final hours of Dragon's Crown. Just have to finish on Infernal. Then, it's all FFXIV from here.  No sleep this weekend...

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #759 on: August 23, 2013, 09:11:46 PM »

Just picked up a 640 TI at Best Buy today since my GT 320 is dying on me. Here's hoping A) it fits, and B) it doesn't cause my computer to spaz out. Any advice? I usually buy all my computers pre-built and this is my very first time upgrading.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #760 on: August 23, 2013, 10:07:14 PM »

Just picked up a 640 TI at Best Buy today since my GT 320 is dying on me. Here's hoping A) it fits, and B) it doesn't cause my computer to spaz out. Any advice? I usually buy all my computers pre-built and this is my very first time upgrading.

Well, make sure you have a PSU that's enough juice for the card. Stock power supplies are usually pretty dinky. You should have between a 500-800watt PSU if you're serious about gaming with a good videocard. Next make sure your motherboard has the appropriate slot. Older cards and motherboards use an AGP slot instead of the newer PCI-Express. While new cards have upwards of PCI-E x 16, they are all lower speed compatible. The next major hurdle is if you have enough room in your case. A lot of cards require 2 slots worth of space because of the size of the heat sink and fan. Hope that helps.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #761 on: August 23, 2013, 10:15:26 PM »

Oh also, even though a card is a part of a numerical series, it does not mean the card is actually of he same chipset series. Nvidia and ATI are really bad a taking an older chipset doing a mild overclock and calling it a member of the next series up. The 500 series is the Fermi chipset, which has some issues with running hot. The 600-700 series is based on the Kepler chipset architecture that runs faster and cooler than Fermi. The rub is that The 650 and below aren't Kepler, they're Fermi with an OC. If you see a 600 or 700 series card for a steal, dig deeper and you'll be surprised what you find. There's a reason it's cheap. Just do your research and you'll be fine. HardOCP, Tom's Hardware and Anandtech are probably the most mainstream sites out there. Good luck!
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #762 on: August 23, 2013, 10:41:20 PM »

What server and class are u all picking? I guess I'm going on Diablos since the boys at work picked it. I might transfer from Marlboro if possible with my CNJ.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #763 on: August 23, 2013, 11:03:19 PM »

Ultros with Neogaf and others.  Main will be paladin.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #764 on: August 23, 2013, 11:09:51 PM »

Hyperion -
Alma Wyndsong: Formerly Monk, working towards Bard for 2.0
Kali Lunalite: Working toward Warrior right now, might change my mind though.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 130 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: