Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 18, 2014, 03:56:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331602 Posts in 13576 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 130 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn  (Read 136596 times)
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #855 on: August 25, 2013, 07:33:53 PM »

Call me naive if you want. No MMO I've ever played has had a smooth launch, save LOTRO. I'm sure complaining constantly is going to make it all better.

If they're trying to fix it, they're doing fine by my purchase. Complaining adds plenty to the already toxic environment that is video game discussion on the internet. It's not like they're sitting there going "dohoho, we are going to sit with our thumbs up our asses while those foolish paying customers can't log in!"

Of course by all means, feel free to complain if it makes you feel better. I'm not telling anyone not to. I'm just pointing out that this is why I'm rolling separately from everyone else, because when one thing goes wrong everyone is like 'LOL SQUARE FAIL FFXIV WORST MMO OVER TRASHMEHFEHPEHGARBAGE I'M PAYING CUSTOMER THIS IS AN OUTRAGE." I can't stand how negative everyone is. I have no time or energy in my life for the near constant bitching I hear about this game.

I'M OUT (much to your satisfaction)

Drama much ?
Are you stupid enough to believe we'll get enjoyment out of you not playing the game?

(also, if you can't stomach the official forums... stop reading the official forums)
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #856 on: August 25, 2013, 07:37:12 PM »

this is the best lets play i have ever seen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZF0cvJhQgA

Epic!  I want Part 2, NOW!

Currently Playing-Re-visiting Wii and Xbox 360 games (finish backlog)
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
dyeager
RPGFan Editor

Code Monkey Like Fritos

View Profile
« Reply #857 on: August 25, 2013, 07:43:55 PM »

Call me naive if you want. No MMO I've ever played has had a smooth launch, save LOTRO. I'm sure complaining constantly is going to make it all better.

If they're trying to fix it, they're doing fine by my purchase. Complaining adds plenty to the already toxic environment that is video game discussion on the internet. It's not like they're sitting there going "dohoho, we are going to sit with our thumbs up our asses while those foolish paying customers can't log in!"

Of course by all means, feel free to complain if it makes you feel better. I'm not telling anyone not to. I'm just pointing out that this is why I'm rolling separately from everyone else, because when one thing goes wrong everyone is like 'LOL SQUARE FAIL FFXIV WORST MMO OVER TRASHMEHFEHPEHGARBAGE I'M PAYING CUSTOMER THIS IS AN OUTRAGE." I can't stand how negative everyone is. I have no time or energy in my life for the near constant bitching I hear about this game.

I'M OUT (much to your satisfaction)

I do think there is a legitimate discussion to be had though about the concept of paying money for something flawed (video games with online requirements) being the norm.

People frustrated that they are not getting something they paid for can have a point just the same as folks who point out that it is extremely unlikely they're just sitting idly by. It can be more than one thing.

I think by now the risks are pretty clear about buying ANY video games on day one, much less BEFORE day one. That doesn't mean that if you don't get what you are paying good money for you don't have a right to complain about it. If somebody falls for the Nigerian bank email scam, you could say that yes they are naive but it doesn't change the fact that somebody else scammed them - again it can be more than one thing.

That is probably a really terrible analogy because I don't think anybody is getting intentionally SCAMMED here. I'll show myself out.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #858 on: August 25, 2013, 07:46:55 PM »

everyone is like 'LOL SQUARE FAIL FFXIV WORST MMO OVER TRASHMEHFEHPEHGARBAGE I'M PAYING CUSTOMER THIS IS AN OUTRAGE."

Except everyone isn't saying this.  Despite all the problems, everyone here is still excited to play.  I've been along for the ride since alpha testing.  Hell, I went through beta testing and retail for 1.0 and was the biggest whiny shithead imaginable about it.  You know what?  I fully expect things to resolve themselves tomorrow, especially since people will begin going to work.  No one here has threatened to cancel their preorder.  No one has exclaimed their refusal to buy Square Enix products ever again.  We're just venting.

You can be as positive or as sympathetic as you like.  I like to vent, as do many other people.  But don't mistake our disappointment in the situation for something larger.  Our venting won't fix the game, but it makes us feel better.  Now we're having a laugh about it with awful videos and stupid GIFs.  Sorry we aren't all full of smiles and teddy bears.
dyeager
RPGFan Editor

Code Monkey Like Fritos

View Profile
« Reply #859 on: August 25, 2013, 07:53:15 PM »

We kid because we care!
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #860 on: August 25, 2013, 07:55:08 PM »

I can totally appreciate that, and I apologize if I offended anyone. The broader situation is just tiresome for me because it feels like no matter where I look (other than the small group of people I'm playing with), it's nothing but people raging out.

And for what it's worth, I LOLed at the Let's Play.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #861 on: August 25, 2013, 07:57:45 PM »

That's fair, as there IS a lot of unbelievable negativity over the game.  For example:

Let's all take a moment to appreciate that a real human being posted this.
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #862 on: August 25, 2013, 08:01:26 PM »

What sucks about the "Let's Play" video, is that some ass clown, flagged it for copyright infringement during Early Access.

Currently Playing-Re-visiting Wii and Xbox 360 games (finish backlog)
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #863 on: August 25, 2013, 08:06:33 PM »

MMOs are always neat in how the playerbase adapts to circumstances.  The latest example:

It's a line for access to an instance in order to control how many people get in and not overload the duty finder.  People are literally waiting their turn!
dyeager
RPGFan Editor

Code Monkey Like Fritos

View Profile
« Reply #864 on: August 25, 2013, 08:09:00 PM »

Sometimes there aren't sides to an argument worth taking so much as a general middle ground of "this is a bummer". But taking sides is often how we process things to make sense of them.

In this particular case, given how smoothly the Japan servers are running and how critical this is for Square Enix as a company, it's hard to rationally put a positive spin on this many problems.

But it is also reasonable to expect they will work through those issues for the same reasons.

Either way I think everybody is hoping to play again soon, meaning they've got a game here worth playing!
dyeager
RPGFan Editor

Code Monkey Like Fritos

View Profile
« Reply #865 on: August 25, 2013, 08:09:24 PM »

MMOs are always neat in how the playerbase adapts to circumstances.  The latest example:

It's a line for access to an instance in order to control how many people get in and not overload the duty finder.  People are literally waiting their turn!

Sensational. Yay people!
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #866 on: August 25, 2013, 08:17:56 PM »

OMG! That is fucking amazing!
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #867 on: August 25, 2013, 08:23:20 PM »

In all fairness, these guys are being paid to make it work. I don't go to an italian restaurant and order lasagna and hope the chef gets it right on his first try. If he doesn't, I sure as hell don't tell him it's okay, I ask for my order to be prepared correctly. The situation fits here. Some can be whiny, others considerate, but accepting the fuck ups like they should happen is nonsense. Fix the game, that's your fucking job. I'm not happy they are doing it,they aren't doing it for any of us, they're doing it for their livelihood. Otherwise, they can go find new jobs.

TASTY!
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #868 on: August 25, 2013, 08:34:38 PM »

"Am I failing a quicktime event!?" Brilliant!

There is just a little incompetence present in this problem with early access because I've never seen an MMO have a mere 3 days of open beta less than a week away from opening the servers. And the fact that the open beta went so poorly only further baffles me why they didn't make more of an effort to smooth things out before launch.

I can't speak for everyone, but I'd be less upset over an official delay than I am with the clusterfuck of a situation this launch is turning into.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #869 on: August 25, 2013, 08:38:49 PM »

"Am I failing a quicktime event!?" Brilliant!

There is just a little incompetence present in this problem with early access because I've never seen an MMO have a mere 3 days of open beta less than a week away from opening the servers. And the fact that the open beta went so poorly only further baffles me why they didn't make more of an effort to smooth things out before launch.

I can't speak for everyone, but I'd be less upset over an official delay than I am with the clusterfuck of a situation this launch is turning into.
Hey, announcing the whole withdrawal of 1.0 and the remake garnered huge amounts of respect among fans, obviously admitting you screwed up and announcing a plan to repair isn't gonna destroy your reputation. I am 100% okay with a delay, just stop fucking telling us to adjust stupid things. I wanna play on ultros, don't ask me to go play on bubblefuck instead.

TASTY!
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 130 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: